Press Conference Thread 2013/2014

We just need to keep going, keep doing the same and it'll come good eventually.

I'm really, really trying to support him here but this is just mental.

As Einstein said...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Honestly Moyes is getting a ridicilously easy time from the press.

Why haven't anyone questioned his constant use of the word "luck"? Should United need luck to win against Fulham's reserve side at Old Trafford?And why isn't anyone cornering him on the team playing shit on a stick football?

It's like he's getting a free pass in these press conferences.

Semantics. IF you do want to read pieces where he is being heavy questioned and cornered, there are a few pieces out there.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...f-his-depth-at-manchester-united-9120298.html

As Einstein said...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Moyes' apologists are running on empty. All they have left is blind faith, and perhaps a touch of insanity as well. They will continue to support Moyes who, in his actions and words, continues to persist with the same methods, and yet both parties expect the results to change. Yes, this is insanity.

I think there's no logical reason to expect that Moyes will turn this around, and I think even Moyes' most fervent of supporters realise this in their hearts.

Only way our so called "luck" will change is when you stop getting the team to play like a bunch of wankers you clueless twat.

As Einstein said...

When he spoke after the Fulham game you could see that he genuinely thought there was nothing wrong with how we approached the game and how we played.

We will continue playing that way until we get it right, and if we don't we will buy new players in the hope that they can.

Luck, hope, try etc.

"you just continue doing the right things. Keep going and your luck will change, there's no reason to doubt that.."

Oh ok...so perhaps 85 crosses this wednesday evening?

All your evidence is there that it isn't working.

The results, the statistics, the quality of football.

We don't have the right players to play that system either so why oh fecking why are we still persisting in trying in the absolute hope that it might be different next time?

Change something. Try to address your issues don't just keep kicking the ball into the box from anywhere.

I'm actually seething watching Moyes' press conferences. The man clearly doesn't have a clue how to turn things around and will still persist with the football we are currently playing.

I don't see how anyone can back him personally, just completely out of his depth.

Can we send Moyes to Dagobah? He needs to talk to Yoda.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Hate the Telegraph, but an interesting article by Henry Winter...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ce-to-prove-himself-at-Manchester-United.html
He deserves a chance to prove himself at Manchester United
No, he bloody doesn't. He didn't even deserve the job in the first place.

The longer the media keeps backing him, the more I'm convinced that they all have some kind of pact to try to keep Moyes in the job just so they'll have a "United in crisis" story every week.

As Einstein said...

unfortunately Einstein was talking about the physical world, which obeys very strict laws. Don't understand why people quote this so often

I'm trying really hard not to dislike the guy but he's making it extremely difficult. He has to give us something, even if it's a small glimmer of hope that he knows what he's doing.

No, he bloody doesn't. He didn't even deserve the job in the first place.

The longer the media keeps backing him, the more I'm convinced that they all have some kind of pact to try to keep Moyes in the job just so they'll have a "United in crisis" story every week.
tinfoil hats out

All your evidence is there that it isn't working.

The results, the statistics, the quality of football.

We don't have the right players to play that system either so why oh fecking why are we still persisting in trying in the absolute hope that it might be different next time?

Change something. Try to address your issues don't just keep kicking the ball into the box from anywhere.
Have you read the reddit posts people have linked on here from Everton fans? Can't see it changing.

You don't understand why it's quoted so often? Really?
Yeah, it's an absolutely terrible expression to apply to the world of sport and anything really that isn't governed by very strict physical rules. In the world of physics experiments, obviously you shouldn't try the same thing over and over again. In football, when small moments change games, and when things like players morale/confidence and things like tough fixture lists exist, the long run is a lot longer and learning things empirically takes longer than most people have the patience for.

Yeah, it's an absolutely terrible expression to apply to the world of sport and anything really that isn't governed by very strict physical rules. In the world of physics experiments, obviously you shouldn't try the same thing over and over again. In football, when small moments change games, and when things like players morale/confidence and things like tough fixture lists exist, the long run is a lot longer and learning things empirically takes longer than most people have the patience for.
It can apply to anything you want it to, and in this case it fits our current situation perfectly.
We could go on and on about having no plan B, how we crossed the ball 82 times against Fulham, or that we are to predictable, it's in the past and he should learn from it. However if Moyes is going to stick with the same tactics even though it hasn't worked time and time again then that is crazy, the fact that he can't see that makes it even worse.

It can apply to anything you want it to, and in this case it fits our current situation perfectly.
We could go on and on about having no plan B, how we crossed the ball 82 times against Fulham, or that we are to predictable, it's in the past and he should learn from it. However if Moyes is going to stick with the same tactics even though it hasn't worked time and time again then that is crazy, the fact that he can't see that makes it even worse.
I just think Moyes could well think that a strategy like this, as players get better at attacking crosses and at putting together moves like this, will get better over time. As we pick up wins the pressure slacks off and the confidence increases. In the world of physics experiments these things don't change, the world is governed by strict physical rules that can't be changed no matter what. Therefore, trying the same thing over and over again in football (and most things in life) and expecting different results is not only not crazy, it's ingrained in all of us (practice makes perfect) and in many ways is the foundation of the adult learning model.

I'm being a bit pedantic, but I think we would have more success the more we try to get better at Moyes style of play... the question is whether we want to.. I think the answer is no we don't, so hopefully Moyes knows that and will work to make us better in the future - maybe he will maybe he won't

unfortunately Einstein was talking about the physical world, which obeys very strict laws. Don't understand why people quote this so often

He was using it as a metaphor you doughnut.

He wasn't literally saying "anyone who keeps getting the same chemical reaction while introducing chemical a to chemical b in identical conditions while expecting a totally different outcome is actually mentally ill".

Less than three minutes :lol: Clearly a man who seems to be out of ideas right now and doesn't want to talk to the media

A man with the world on his shoulders.Needs that break,hopefully it will happen tonight.

A man with the world on his shoulders.Needs that break,hopefully it will happen tonight.
I'm glad the media are starting to put a bit of pressure on him, it will either make him or break him.