Press Conference Thread 2013/2014

2pm unless something has changed that I'm not aware of.

Disappointing news about Rooney, I wasn't expecting RvP to be fit for Swansea but I thought Rooney would at least be in the squad.

No Rooney or RVP, at Old Trafford, players low on confidence off the back of a 3 game losing streak, I really won't be surprised if we don't win this.

We've been decent in patches.

Pretty much bossed Spurs, lacked in the final third.

Started well against Swansea but they sucker punched us and we didn't react, unlike the Spurs game.

Decent first 45 against Sunderland but dreadful second half.

That's the point, we seem to play well at some point in most games, then run out of steam and ideas. It's like the players have amnesia and have forgotten they are professional footballers.

We haven't really been playing well. We hardly make opposition goal keepers work when we are 'bossing' things. We may have possession but it goes out to the wings where 8/10 crosses come to nothing. Has an opposition goalkeeper been MOTM against us this season?

Without Rooney and RVP we are really going to struggle against Sawnsea!

I miss the times when Fergie would just totally bollock the whole team after a bad game.

We've been decent in patches.

Pretty much bossed Spurs, lacked in the final third.

Started well against Swansea but they sucker punched us and we didn't react, unlike the Spurs game.

Decent first 45 against Sunderland but dreadful second half.
Agreed with you that we did well in "patches", but it's, on the whole, just not been good enough.

There were some dire, dire stuff in there as well. Some matches, it didn't look like we were going to create anything tbf. Hopeless cross, after hopeless cross into the box.

No wonder we're not improving if this is playing well according to his standards

Yeah, it's not ideal to criticise the players etc, but there shouldn't be any harm in saying we need to step it up as we've not played to our potential of late etc. I suppose maybe he's trying to build up some fragile egos!

That's the point, we seem to play well at some point in most games, then run out of steam and ideas. It's like the players have amnesia and have forgotten they are professional footballers.

Our problems are in the players heads. I'm sure it's a mental thing. We've started a lot of games really well, which makes me think that Moyes has got them up for the game. But when we concede it just destroys our belief, unfortunately the players are on the pitch and that belief has to come from within at that point.

A few wins and some good performances and goals would give us a huge boost. Unfortunately we've got Chelsea coming up but we can get something from them if we play well.

I miss the times when Fergie would just totally bollock the whole team after a bad game.

I just wish that Moyes would come out and say something like 'we are Manchester United, I want to see the lads playing at a high tempo and full of attacking intent, when the lads play to the best of their ability we will beat anyone, there is no doubt that we will get back to winning ways'

Moyes just doesn't want to throw anybody a bone.

How do we know that Moyes isn't doing the same?

Fergie always backed the players in the media, Moyes is doing the same.

So can we expect the usual "signing players in January is difficult, we have a good squad, we hope we can win games" today?

Thanks for clearing that up Colin.

My name is Colin too, Colin. hat a coincidence, ey?

Press conferences are quite tedious. We rarely get any decent news. Injury news is beyond vague (to nit give our opponents any advantage/clues. Our injured players are either "coming on" or "not too far away". They're usually just full of clichés and evasiveness. These days they're unfortunately also a platform for Moyes to say something 'wrong' that will be blown out of proportion and he will be criticised for until the next presser. Journos ask the same boring questions and fans rarely learn anything new, interesting or anything that we care about.

On the other hand Moyes is usually a lot more relaxed and jovial in his MUTV interviews.