Press Conference Thread 2013/2014

That's Rooney, van Persie and Kagawa out, Carrick is already injured and even Welbeck is not fully fit. As bad as some of his decisions have been, this is terrible terrible luck for Moyes, specially if you take into account the amount of scrutiny he'll be under. We have Rafael back at least, no more Smalling at RB.

Bad luck or his training methods?

In fairness our injury record hasn't been great over the last few years.

He doesn't need more time - he just needs to either man up or get off.
He needs to realise that the club and fans expect to win every game, I'm backing him but it's getting hard, he has to stop being so negative. Play to win.
By thinking and speaking positively can only have a positive influence on the team.

He really isn't doing himself any favours with those comments. I don't think he realises yet how big this club actually is and the mentality that is needed to lead it. He keeps using phrases like 'I hope this, I hope that'. You don't hope here, you be confident that you can do something.

Good to hear we will try and make it as hard as possible for Newcastle at OT. Maybe we can even manage to draw.
I'm sick of his pressers already.

Like I've said before, does he have the bollocks for this job? He needs to show it and start being a manager who is in charge of Manchester United.

He cannot have said that surely. I don't believe it.

He said it in response to the question that Newcastle were in good form and will be coming to us confident. He was snappy at James Cooper, something has gone on between them 2.

Good to hear we will try and make it as hard as possible for Newcastle at OT. Maybe we can even manage to draw.
I'm sick of his pressers already.

Well, at-least we won't let them score many goals. We'll make it hard for them to do so.

He said it in response to the question that Newcastle were in good form and will be coming to us confident. He was snappy at James Cooper, something has gone on between them 2.
Just saw the press conference. He looks angry doesn't he.

That "sickness" sounds like a panic attack to me.

I'd be getting a panic attack too if I was playing well, then had to change position to accomodate Welbeck, and then was taken off, letting the very same player continue the game.

I had about 50 of them while reading through your posts in the Kagawa thread.

He does have the look of a man that's slowly losing the plot doesn't he? Maybe he'll completely crack and hand in his resignation while sitting on the toilet, ala Keegan.

Well its definitely training methods that got Rooney suspended and caused Kagawa's breathing problems.

Also, the RvP situation must be down to Moyes, I mean he has absolutely no history of injury does he?

I don't get what is wrong with Moyes' comment on Newcastle. I mean should we make it easier for them than we possibly can?

I don't get what is wrong with Moyes' comment on Newcastle. I mean should we make it easier for them than we possibly can?

Its just a bit negative, or at least came out that way. He probably didn't mean it like that but it sounds like something the opposition manager would say about us. Manchester United doesn't make aim to make things difficult for the opposition at home, we aim to win and the opposition aims to makes things difficult and sneak a result. Some people are overreacting a bit though.

It's type of comment you would expect from Newcastle manager, or any other manager from weaker team that's coming to Old Trafford, it's like he thinks they are favourites and we will make sure to make it as hard as possible for them to win this game.

Nothing.

If he said he's won the lottery and decided to give it to the club to discount season tickets people would find something to moan about at the minute.

He's even being blamed for injuries and suspensions now FFS.

Him saying "We'll make it difficult for them" does sound like something an away manager would say when coming to a big club. 'We'll struggle to win, so we'll make it hard for them.'

But let's be honest, that's not really the case is it? I doubt he's genuinely thinking we're underdogs. Hopefully we'll win and we'll all forget a misinterpreted comment.

Nothing.

If he said he's won the lottery and decided to give it to the club to discount season tickets people would find something to moan about at the minute.

He's even being blamed for injuries and suspensions now FFS.

To me it reads as if we make it difficult for Newcastle he'd be happy. That's his goal for the game. Obviously at United the goal is to win, not just make it difficult for the other team.

Yeah, I would've much preferred for him to have said that we will make it easy as possible for Newcastle...

Far too much attention is being paid on what he is saying because of our results. He can say whatever he wants as long as we stop dropping points in games we should not be dropping points in. That is something to be pissed about, not what our manager or our CEO say to journalists who are just looking for an opportunity to kick us when we are down. Like it or not, he is our manager, he is one of us and he would be trying everything he can to get us back to winning games, not these journalists who are circling him like hounds. It sounds like a broken record by now, but if we can somehow put a winning run together, it'll be funny how much lesser attention will be paid to what he says about our next games.

He seems to be one of those people who always says the wrong thing, and cause offence unintentionally by putting his foot in things.
Im just going to ignore it.

Far too much attention is being paid on what he is saying because of our results. He can say whatever he wants as long as we stop dropping points in games we should not be dropping points in.

But when the things that go on the pitch are reflected also in his interviews, signs aren't good, right? We are Manchester United, we don't usually try to make hard for fecking Newcastle at OT. I bet that Sir Alex wouldn't say so even if we had to play a superior team like Bayern. In OT, tthe other team should get scared from us and try to make hard for us to score goals against them. Not us, trying to make hard for them.

The problem is that the same mentality is also on the pitch. We start games as a defensive teams, when we manage to scrap a goal we turn ultra-defensive, we got overruned a few matches already at home and have lost more points at home than we do on average for a season. And when the manager says that we'll try to make hard against Newcastle, it really doesn't bring any confidence. Newcastle should try to make hard against us, we should just need to win. Preferrably with a fine margin.

Most things Moyes says genuinely makes me worry. Newcastle wont be easy, but feck you don't say something that a manager of Hull would say when a big team come to town.

The problem is that the same mentality is also on the pitch. We start games as a defensive teams, when we manage to scrap a goal we turn ultra-defensive, we got overruned a few matches already at home and have lost more points at home than we do on average for a season. And when the manager says that we'll try to make hard against Newcastle, it really doesn't bring any confidence. Newcastle should try to make hard against us, we should just need to win. Preferrably with a fine margin.

I don't think we should care what he says in the press conferences. He probably wouldn't even be taking them at this point if he wasn't contractually obliged to do so. What he does behind the scenes is important, and we can see the results of it when the team comes out to play, and I admit, so far it's been a bumpy start, and people are right to be worried. But the last thing we need is the club's fans getting on his back over what he says in a press conference.

To me it reads as if we make it difficult for Newcastle he'd be happy. That's his goal for the game. Obviously at United the goal is to win, not just make it difficult for the other team.

'How it reads to you' doesn't make it how it is.

From United's twitter: "On Newcastle's visit, Moyes says: "They are coming to OT and we are going to make it as difficult for them as we possibly can." #mufc"

That sounds like something a manager would say about us, not the other way around.
:lol:

From United's twitter: "On Newcastle's visit, Moyes says: "They are coming to OT and we are going to make it as difficult for them as we possibly can." #mufc"

That sounds like something a manager would say about us, not the other way around.

:lol:

Manchester United manager David Moyes confirms defensive trio Nemanja Vidic, Patrice Evra and Chris Smalling could miss Tuesday's Champions League tie against Shakhtar Donetsk through injury. Kagawa trained today and should be ok.

Moyes also said his side must improve in a number of areas, including passing, creating chances and defending.

Manchester United manager David Moyes confirms defensive trio Nemanja Vidic, Patrice Evra and Chris Smalling could miss Tuesday's Champions League tie against Shakhtar Donetsk through injury. Kagawa trained today and should be ok.

Moyes also said his side must improve in a number of areas, including passing, creating chances and defending.

Mainly that big green one out there.

Did he mention if we were going to try our best to make it hard for Shakhtar?

I fecking hope that means Fabio and not Buttner.

The Man United twitter account already mentioned Buttner talking about the match tomorrow, so I'm guessing no. Moyes is an idiot if Buttner plays over Fabio.