Press Conference Thread 2013/2014

No one can be bothered to copy paste today huh. Probably all playing on their ps4's
- The boss opened by praising Ryan Giggs who turned 40 today. Moyes described the Welshman as undoubtedly "one of the best" in terms of his longevity and the sheer number of games he has featured in. "To be playing so well at his age is terrific and he is a great example to the younger players.”
- However, the boss wouldn’t be drawn on a contract extension for the Reds’ no. 11, despite speculation in the press this week. “When you get to this stage [in his career], you always make a decision at the end of the season. There will be no quick decision.”
- Moyes also expressed his delight following the 5-0 midweek win over Bayer Leverkusen. The manager still believes that "the best is yet to come" from United and that the game on Wednesday offered a glimpse of United’s capabilities.
- Looking ahead to United’s match against Spurs on Sunday: “Tottenham and United games are often very good encounters. It won’t be easy, but we will go down there to try to win the game.”
- Moyes on the January transfer window: “We would like to [bring in some new players], but only if the right players are available – either way there is no guarantee.”

Will there be another presser today then?

Seems one today:

"David Moyes' pre-match press conference later today at the Aon Training Complex as he previews the encounter against his old club. We'll bring you all the key points from the boss from 14:00 GMT"

Van Persie has a chance, according to Moyes. (not the first time he's said this. His injury assessments seem to be almost worthless in terms of players actually featuring.)

- Robin van Persie “has a chance” of being involved against Everton on Wednesday. The striker has been sidelined with a groin injury.

- Asked if he had mixed feelings going into the game against his former club, the manager said he had a great time at Everton, who were “fabulous” to him.

- Moyes does not necessarily believe he has an advantage over the Toffees simply because he knows most of their players. He believes Roberto Martinez “has done a very good job” at Goodison Park.

- He admits it would have been “a really good week” if United had beaten Cardiff but says the Reds’ job now is to “keep on a good run of form”.

- The manager accepts Marouane Fellaini has taken a while to settle in at United but insists he's not alone in that regard as it's common to most players who join the club.

Moyes insists he handled his departure from Everton in the best way possible, given he only found out about the United job four weeks before the end of the season.

- The boss admits the reception from Everton fans could be mixed but hopes they understand he created a strong team on Merseyside by bringing in some good players.

He's been leaving Van Persie's return open for a while now. Probably doesn't want to help the other team's tactics.

Probably too busy answering ten thousand questions about Rooney's latest cup of tea.

Rightly so. Most important cups of tea at our club all season those are.

I also don't think his reaction from Everton fans will be 'mixed' I think it'll be negative, unfortunately.

From United's twitter: "On Newcastle's visit, Moyes says: "They are coming to OT and we are going to make it as difficult for them as we possibly can." #mufc"

That sounds like something a manager would say about us, not the other way around.

From United's twitter: "On Newcastle's visit, Moyes says: "They are coming to OT and we are going to make it as difficult for them as we possibly can." #mufc"

That sounds like something a manager would say about us, not the other way around.
I hate reading into things too much, however that does stink off defeatism, I'm not saying it is, he needs to sort himself out if he wants to get the fans on his side.

I hate reading into things too much, however that does stink off defeatism, I'm not saying it is, he needs to sort himself out if he wants to get the fans on his side.

Maybe he need PR lessons, some of the things he says just give a bad impression.

You're not reading into things too much. It's bloody obvious from the sentence what his mentality is.

Grow a set, Moyes.

Geez, this is a bit shocking, isn't it?

Maybe he need PR lessons, some of the things he says just give a bad impression.
I was thinking that, however surely he would have had all that at Everton, common sense would tell you that after a few bad results a bit off positivity can go along way.
At the moment he stinks of defeatism, if I was a player I wouldn't want to hear that if I'm honest. It's a big learning curve for Moyes, he has to learn faster get rid of the negativity.

That's Rooney, van Persie and Kagawa out, Carrick is already injured and even Welbeck is not fully fit. As bad as some of his decisions have been, this is terrible terrible luck for Moyes, specially if you take into account the amount of scrutiny he'll be under. We have Rafael back at least, no more Smalling at RB.

That's Rooney, van Persie and Kagawa out, Carrick is already injured and even Welbeck is not fully fit. As bad as some of his decisions have been, this is terrible terrible luck for Moyes, specially if you take into account the amount of scrutiny he'll be under. We have Rafael back at least, no more Smalling at RB.

At least Jones is back. I am annoyed at Rooney for that booking and ban, not what your manager needs at the moment.