Press Conference Thread 2013/2014

Adnan not registered because he needs to wait a while and then we can register him in the future as a youth player.

Adnan not registered because he needs to wait a while and then we can register him in the future as a youth player.

Moyes Out! reason #314

Is this because he needs 2 years at the club to get into B list?
EDIT: yes, seems so.

Moyes seemed very confident that Adnan will sign a new contract.

Can you provide a bit more information?

Press - "Are you confident as well that he will sign a new contract with the club?"

Moyes - "Yes, yeah" - No hesitation.

David Moyes: "I've experienced derby games in Glasgow and Merseyside but every derby in every big city is important to the team you support and I understand how important it is to the Manchester United supporters.

"Everyone realises the passion there between the supporters and the commitment the players are required to show."

"We had to find some form early because we've had the hardest start of the top clubs in the Premier League so we had to make sure we had a decent points total and we still have.

"We've got City to play but after that we've played two or three of our big rivals and they will still have each other to play."

"[Rooney] trained really hard and I know people might not have believed me but he was in great shape when he damaged his hamstring the day before we went to Thailand. We thought it was going to be ok and he kept himself working really hard.

"I was really impressed with his conditioning in pre-season and he's getting the fruits of that. He's shown everyone what he can do."

Asked if it is too soon to discuss a new contract for Rooney, Moyes added: "We go step by step and to see him score another two at the weekend would be anther step forwrad. He's played really well and I'm asking him to step up and keep getting better."

"[Antonio Valencia[ has done very well. We got his squad number changed for him and psychologically that can make a difference to a player .

"He scored a great goal [in the 4-2 win over Leverkusen] and I said to him today he should be getting seven or eight goals. He looked at me and sort of squinted so hopefully he knows what I mean! I think he only got one or two last year. He's started well."

Fact is whilst we're all wanting news on other players the journos are looking for headlines and stories around Rooney, rather than an injury update on Nani and Rafael, are more likely to give them that.

He was also asked about Valencia, added that to my post, nothing else showing on BBC though but maybe they haven't reported everything said.

"He scored a great goal [in the 4-2 win over Leverkusen] and I said to him today he should be getting seven or eight goals. He looked at me and sort of squinted so hopefully he knows what I mean! I think he only got one or two last year. He's started well."
Kagawa squints at people all the time, so...

I'm Asian, so I can totally be waycist like this

Thanks to RedDevilFan:

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian 7m
Moyes admits being 'shocked' by #MUFC performance v #MCFC. 'I'm still getting to know my players.'

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian 11m
David Moyes press conf: RVP still injured and out of MUFC v LFC. Striker has 'outside chance' of being back v WBA this weekend

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd now
Moyes on van Persie: "I don't think Robin will play on Wednesday. But I think he'll have an outside chance for Saturday (West Brom)." #mufc

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 1m
David Moyes on derby defeat: "It's gone now. I can't do anything about it so we move on and get ready for the next game." #mufc

3. Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 7s
Moyes on tomorrow's match vs Liverpool: "It's a big rivalry. And it could take on a bigger significance than people might expect." #mufc

Not surprised he's playing a strong squad ,some of those players need to get that performance on Sunday out of their system.

I'd prefer if he tried out some of the other players like Zaha, Januzaj, Kagawa and Chich. Tell them that's there's places up for grabs in the first team (there should be when you look at the likes of Young, Valencia, Welbeck and Rio) and to go out and earn them.

Just watched it. Moyes was so prickly in that presser! He'd give a cutting reply to a question and then smile. I'm still getting used to his press conferences. Fergie had other methods of discreetly changing the subject, Moyes is more blunt!

Young should be put to the bottom of the pile and only played when Nani, Kagawa, Zaha, Januzaj and Valencia all have a bad run of 80 or 90 games.

According to the Telegraph this morning a journo attempted to ask about Ashley Young but was stopped by a United official saying 'there is no more time. We've got to go'.