Press Conference Thread 2013/2014

I think it will depend on what Barca's next response is. Another "feck off" and we can probably forget it, but maybe they'll throw us a bone.
What does that even mean? If they sell us Fabregas, it is because they consider the deal a good one for them. We are not begging for scraps here, we are proposing a business deal and I would of thought that the next move( probably already done behind the scene) is an increased bid by us of a huge amount of money worth several bones.

What does that even mean? If they sell us Fabregas, it is because they consider the deal a good one for them. We are not begging for scraps here, we are proposing a business deal and I would of thought that the next move( probably already done behind the scene) is an increased bid by us of a huge amount of money worth several bones.

Well the Rosell 'feck off' letter wasn't exactly good news. So maybe they'll have a different public response next time. If they once again reiterate he's not for sale the deal seems unlikely to me.

Well the Rosell 'feck off' letter wasn't exactly good news. So maybe they'll have a different public response next time. If they once again reiterate he's not for sale the deal seems unlikely to me.

Where did that story about the letter come from? The same paper that said Thiago had signed for United.

Ah yeah, that letter. The letter he sent to David Gill in Manchester. Nice fabricated story that was from Sport. Instead of writing a letter he could have talked to the person actually in charge, Woodward, as he was in Spain.

So I take it that no one actually asked Moyes about any other transfers (i.e. would there be any) other than the Fabregas deal? How the feck do these journalists get their job? Surely they should have been trying to clarify whether Fabregas was the only ongoing situation or whether there were other prospects as well... cos it all seems bloody quiet to me.

So I take it that no one actually asked Moyes about any other transfers (i.e. would there be any) other than the Fabregas deal? How the feck do these journalists get their job? Surely they should have been trying to clarify whether Fabregas was the only ongoing situation or whether there were other prospects as well... cos it all seems bloody quiet to me.

Moyes himself used the word "deals" the other day. It does seem strange that nobody asked about them.

I often wonder about this - journalists have no creativity at all.

I often wonder about this - journalists have no creativity at all.

I imagine that a lot of thess press conferences, especially ones where the journalists are basically hand picked by the club (I know they're not exactly, but a tour environment is pretty closed off) so these conference just become a bit of stage managed pantomime.

And why didn't any of them ask about Nani - with the strong Monaco link. Then we would at least be told whether we're negotiating a new contract or if that's stalled.

If they don't get straight answers it leaves more room open to interpretation and more chances of making up BS stories.

And why didn't any of them ask about Nani - with the strong Monaco link. Then we would at least be told whether we're negotiating a new contract or if that's stalled.
Transferwise they only seem to give a shit about Rooney.

Transferwise they only seem to give a shit about Rooney.
"Englands best player" and all that crap... I know that they're doing what superficially sells but what really sells, or endears journalists / papers to the fans, are questions that are a little more probing, or go off the beaten track. At present there is no more to say about Fabregas, or Rooney, so why not ask about his thoughts on FFP, or what he thinks about the changes made to the system at Bayern... proper journalism. Harping on about the lowest common denominator shite is ultimately tedious and likely to turn off fans in the longer term.

Moyes confirms Evans won't be involved tomorrow (ankle), but confirms Vidic is "coming on well" & could play at Crewe tomorrow.

Moyes on Fabregas: "I can't tell you if there will be another bid.''

Moyes on new signings: "Undoubtedly we hope to add to it (squad) and I'm quite confident we'll do that. certainly before the window shuts."

Same comments at every presser. Still, at least the club's top brass are beavering away and working hard. That's the main thing.

Well I'm not sure what he's supposed to say?

Should he lie or make up things to pacify the muppets on here?

Moyes on Fabregas: "I can't tell you if there will be another bid.''

Good to know. He should have said this after the 1st bid itself. Let barca know we're not going to pay silly money if they reject bids yet put an offer they really have to think hard about.

I imagine Fergie was telling the truth about what he thought too.

Possibly, but then again you're in a better position to judge with hindsight on how Fergie did. At the minute people are doing the equivalent of complaining about a full-time result 45 minutes into a match, we're not even halfway yet.

They're obviously trying to bring good footballers in, that's why we bid on Fabregas. Whether the bid ever made any logical sense (unknown), it should at least be an indication that we are trying to get players and with a month left on the window I'm pretty sure that's exactly what we will do.

They're obviously trying to bring good footballers in, that's why we bid on Fabregas. Whether the bid ever made any logical sense (unknown), it should at least be an indication that we are trying to get players and with a month left on the window I'm pretty sure that's exactly what we will do.

It's just back to the old question of whether it s better to get slightly lower grade players, or no players at all and wait until the extra window when maybe someone better is available.

It's just back to the old question of whether it s better to get slightly lower grade players, or no players at all and wait until the extra window when maybe someone better is available.

Well I believe that's been the philosophy around our midfield for around five years now and it's probably time to just buy some players for it rather than holding out for the perfect one.