Press Conference Thread 2013/2014

Imagine what'd happen to United if they're just making bids as a PR tactic and Barcelona accept one of them.

This. I daid that before yhat this Fabregas bid was just a PR tactic. Yeah we tried hard. Now get used to seeing Felainiband Cabaye week.in week out.

Bidding for Fabregas was a PR stunt? Get a fecking grip. The hatred for the club I see here is as bad as something I expect from RAWK.

Bidding for Fabregas was a PR stunt? Get a fecking grip. The hatred for the club I see here is as bad as something I expect from RAWK.

Well, that's not hatred is it. It might be a stupid comment, inspired by ignorance, but I'm pretty sure it isn't him hating Manchester United that led him to think bidding for Fabregas was a PR stunt.

Do you honestly think Messi and Fabregas are on the same level of availability?

All this bidding for players as a PR stunt doesn't really work does it if everyone thinks its make us stupid?

I mean bidding for players as a stunt, ok then. If you don't ask you don't get.

I highly doubt the club cares how this whole thing makes us 'look', in terms of either 'PR stunts' or looking stupid if we miss out on him. They want the player, they clearly think there's a chance of getting him, however slight, and I'm very glad we're at least trying.

Well, that's not hatred is it. It might be a stupid comment, inspired by ignorance, but I'm pretty sure it isn't him hating Manchester United that led him to think bidding for Fabregas was a PR stunt.

You would be saying that the club is cynical enough to bid for Fabregas while expecting to have zero chance of getting him, in the hopes of stringing along the fans? That is such a low view of the club. Come on. Maybe the club knows it's a long shot. But surely they should be aiming high for transfers? Who would say it is a bad thing to aim high? But to think they are bidding as a PR exercise really is a RAWK view of United.

You would be saying that the club is cynical enough to bid for Fabregas while expecting to have zero chance of getting him, in the hopes of stringing along the fans? That is such a low view of the club. Come on. Maybe the club knows it's a long shot. But surely they should be aiming high for transfers? Who would say it is a bad thing to aim high? But to think they are bidding as a PR exercise really is a RAWK view of United.

Its a stupid view, yes, but clearly it's not because he hates United.

Its a stupid view, yes, but clearly it's not because he hates United.

You can love United but hate the "club", i.e. the "front office" as they would say in the US.

Yeah but I'm pretty sure he doesn't hate the club.

Jesus, there are some right drama queens on this forum. To make it clear - i do hope we sign the fecker, however i don't see it by any stretch of imagination.
I don't blame Moyes nor Woodword for that, the midfield situation is a result of mistakes made for the last few years. I do believe that our club is able to attract big players- the RVP trasnfer says it all. I just don't get why we decided to make a formal bid for player who plays for club where he grew up as a plyer, who loves the club he is currently in, looks well settled both football and normal life wise, who spent the summer before last kicking for a transfer to Barcelona and who seems to have great affection and respect for our rival. all that for a laughable fee and a day after they lost a promising youngster. Sorry that doesnt add up.

yeah i hate Manchester United. :rolleyes:

"We'll only give you minimum wage Cesc."
:lol:
Woodward rings up Moyes, "You won't believe this, Dave... But, they've accepted a bid! What do I do now? Gill used to do this part?" "Jesus Christ, well at Everton we'd usually offer a contract next, say about £20 grand a week."

Presumably there is a pre match press conference today. Anyone know what time its at?

None of the journos covering it or the man utd.com site hasn't yet come up with an update.

Moyes confirms RVP fit and will play tomorrow. Welbeck also. Vidic and Nani and AV practice match at home #mufc

Damage situation:

- Vidic, Nani and Valencia all played friendlies at home in Manchester on Wednesday night (2-2 against Barnsley). We took Robin van Persie off at halftime last game to be on the safe side.

- Carrick is probably not playing tomorrow, but should be ready shortly.

About the competition in the Premier League:

- Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, City, Liverpool and possible Everton are top teams next season.

Moyes has given an update on Rooney's fitness:"Wayne is running & at the level we thought he'd be at. He'll step that up this week."

- Lingard and Januzaj have both done well and contributed. There is a tradition here in the club to bring up young players, but they must continue to perform in training and games.

- Moyes said he will probably use all the players in the Osaka game because of the heat.

Is anyone else thinking now that this is a real possibility that it could happen?

I think it will depend on what Barca's next response is. Another "feck off" and we can probably forget it, but maybe they'll throw us a bone.