Press Conference Thread 2013/2014

I saw something from Daniel Taylor a few days ago suggesting that Moyes wasn't doing one today because he was sick of answering questions about Rooney.
Which in a way is fair enough. Maybe the journos will ask different questions when he next does a presser. So many questions haven't been asked at all because they're trying to shoehorn another Rooney one in when they know full well all Moyes is going to do is repeat what he has already said.

So is there no press conference before the Wigan match?

Can't see why there shouldn't be , the first proper game under a new manager, of course questions about Rooney will be of the agenda.

"We're involved in several players we're looking at and that will continue. Will we get them before the deadline? I hope so, but we're working very hard to do so.

"What I do know is that we have a great group of players already who won the Premier League last year. We've got a lot of exciting young players - a lot of them played for England on Wednesday - so it's important that we focus on the players we've got at Manchester United and how well they did last year."

Is that new.Or the predicted mantra that will be used at the press conference.

Moyes is not doing a press conference this morning.

Ah, bollocks. Was looking forward to this now as I have MUTV again.

Is there any specific reason? Transfers could be a strong possibility. Or he could just be bored of the same old shit. I know how he feels, I always skip the press conferences on FM.

I was just more hoping to know about the injuries / illness with Nani, Young, Evans, and Carrick. I'm confident Carrick will start, but I'd fancy the other three to miss out. Would also like to hear whether he feels Valencia, Kagawa, Rooney, or Hernandez will make the bench.

Ah well.

I think we'll find out later who travels with the squad to Swansea

Hopefully he'll still do the regular MUTV interview so we get some update on injuries (though on Thursday Focus last night they show an interview with him on the training pitch, so they might just replay that).

At 4:30 Pm. Strange timing.

Gives Moyes plenty of time to sign someone and get the player to the Presser in time....YEAH?

I wonder if we'll actually get an update on Nani this time.

Thanks. Feel for Moyes, they are going to bombard him with questions about Rooney for 15 minutes.
That'll be sodding boring. Don't know why the press harp on about the Rooney situation so much... most of the fans I've spoken to don't give two hoots about him as it looks like he'll be staying for another year. What we've all really been talking about is players coming in, not going out. I would much rather the journalists ask proper questions about the transfers coming in, the contradictory rubbish coming out of the club, and why the other clubs are saying that we have been amateurish in the market this year.

Don't bother tuning into the presser later....this is how it will go

Moyes: We are working really, really hard on getting players in & Rooney is not for sale.

Basically, what he means Eddie is an inept buffoon who is taking an age to close a deal.

I think the reason it's that late on MUTV is because they are showing the Under 21s game live against West Brom. Fergie did the very odd one in the afternoon in his time. He might be doing it early afternoon, but MUTV would usually first show the press conference an hour or more after it took place, and of course they are showing the under 21s game live.

I wonder if we'll actually get an update on Nani this time.

A nice thought - maybe in between the questions of Rooney, Rooney, Jose, Jose and Rooney, Fellaini and Baines, Rooney, Jose, Everton, then maybe an inexperienced hack will get bored and accidentally ask something interesting?

He'll drop the working really hard line now and bust out the "we're happy with the squad we've got".

Mourinho has a press conference at 1pm, apparently, so maybe we'll learn something about the Rooney/Mata business then.

PRESS: "Any news about the Rooney bid, José?"
MOU: "Sometimes you want an orange...and sometimes, a pear."
PRESS: "Hahaha! You're so funny and enigmatic, sire."
MOU: "I'm bloody great, aren't I? Mind you, I'm only saying that to take the pressure off my players."

Mourinho has a press conference at 1pm, apparently, so maybe we'll learn something about the Rooney/Mata business then.

Jose: Mata is not for sale, we still want Rooney, now which one of you wants to suck my special one first?

MOU: "I'm bloody great, aren't I? Mind you, I'm only saying that to take the pressure off my players."

:lol:

:lol:

MOU: "I'm awesome!"
PRESS:"about Rooney and Mata..?"
MOU:"awesome"
PRESS:"so..ahh..any other signings planned special one?"
MOU:"sometimes when you shoot a duck at a fairground, there are many nice prizes on offer"
MOU:"me and Roman, we are friends now. men shake hands, we shake. We're friends"
PRESS:"ok then.."
MOU:"It's awesome! I'm awesome!"

fixed