Press Conference Thread 2013/2014

He's done twenty-five years in PR, you know, he knows how to conduct transfers.
Like I said before something is seriously wrong with you. You probably have a high IQ but you're totally incompetent regarding EQ. I probably feel sorry for you thats why I give my time.

Like I said before something is seriously wrong with you. You probably have a high IQ but you're totally incompetent regarding EQ. I probably feel sorry for you thats why I give my time.

If there's something wrong with me then why's everyone laughing at you, mate?

I probably feel sorry for you on account of your being a retard. I'll be honest though; I haven't much time for you.

I'm just watching a re-run of the press conference on MUTV.

This is probably the best press conference that Moyes has given imo, mostly because he wasn't bombarded with repeated tedious questions about Wayne Rooney, effectively backing him into a corner.

He answered one question about Rooney and Fabregas early in the presser then that was it - he maintained that our position on Rooney hadn't changed, that he was a Manchester United player and would remain so. On the Fabregas question he said that the club is working very hard to bring players in and that hopefully we should have some positive news in the next day or two. He sounded and looked very assured on that.

He also didn't say that he was surprised about RvPs technique, he was asked what he'd seen from RvP in the past few days and the positive things he commented on were his technique, control, finishing and professionalism.

He also said that he had watched a video yesterday about Sir Matt and Sir Alex and their achievements at the club and if he didn't know what he was following before he does now.

Came across really well and I'm taking to him more and more.

I'm gonna reserve judgement until our resident PR guru 7even (twenty-five years in the biz) gives us his opinion. For the time being though my preliminary judgement is that United have fecked everything up.

I also thought today was his best, but I didn't find the others particularly concerning or poor.

The first would have been difficult for anybody but perhaps maybe Mourinho, which would have been simply a love fest.

How can anyone really have opinions on his press conferences? So far they've been dull as feck. He's said nothing of note, quite rightly. Why should he? It's pre-season, and we're all tired of the Rooney questions which he's fending off.

You can't rate his relationship with the press on the basis of these no-show conferences. There will be testing times for Moyes, but those aren't now.

We need ratings threads for each press conference. I enjoyed the timbre of Moyes' voice in the last one.

Translated back and forth a wee bit:

Do you have any update on the players? And you can understand the fans' frustration?

- Yes, I can understand the frustration. But there is nothing new to report. There have been many manager changes, and thus it is natural that transitions take a little longer. I also began to work until 1 July, so really I only worked for three weeks.

Can you tell if you have received feedback from Barcelona?

- We've got answers - as far as I know. But it is Ed Woodward governing with that stuff. But we have come with our other bids.

Could there come a point where you do not have time to wait and need to move on?

- Yes, it can happen. However, one is interested in good players, then you have to give the time needed. Ed is working to put in place agreements

Moyes:
There is no update. People thought this may be the summer that transfers come later and that’s how its happening.
'I have only been in the job three weeks but I can understand the anxiety.
And on Cesc Fabregas, he said: 'Ed (Woodward) has had a response (from Barcelona). He has spoken to them. There has been a second offer but Ed is dealing with that.'

He was then asked if he wanted to move on to new targets.
'Yes, that point does come up but it hasn’t come yet. When you are in for good players you want to give it every chance to materialise. I will try and move this one forward. Ed is working hard on these deals and we can only hope they fall in to place soon.'

Do you have any update on the players? And you can understand the fans' frustration?

- Yes, I can understand the frustration. But there is nothing new to report. There have been many manager changes, and thus it is natural that transitions take a little longer. I also began to work until 1 July, so really I only worked for three weeks.

Can you tell if you have received feedback from Barcelona?

- We've got answers - as far as I know. But it is Ed Woodward working with that stuff. But we have come with our second bid.

I don't know why Moyes is saying that his holiday has put him behind. The CAF group think was that his holiday would be absolutely irrelevant in interfering with transfers.

Pretty much an admittance that Fellaini / Cabaye will be coming here if the Fabregas deal expectedly tails off. Actually if we buy both Cabaye and Fellaini I'd be happy with those improvements.

I don't know why Moyes is saying that his holiday has put him behind. The CAF group think was that his holiday would be absolutely irrelevant in interfering with transfers.
Are you reading the same excerpts as me because I don't see him saying his holiday put him behind, I see him saying that they are working to bring targets in. As far as I know the transfer window has not closed so why would they be behind?

After the Fergie era I have to admit to I'm enjoying Moyes' pressers.

He's refreshingly honest, very little double meaning to what he says.

I think he'll become very popular here.

Pretty much an admittance that Fellaini / Cabaye will be coming here if the Fabregas deal expectedly tails off. Actually if we buy both Cabaye and Fellaini I'd be happy with those improvements.

This. I daid that before yhat this Fabregas bid was just a PR tactic. Yeah we tried hard. Now get used to seeing Felainiband Cabaye week.in week out.

After the Fergie era I have to admit to I'm enjoying Moyes' pressers.

He's refreshingly honest, very little double meaning to what he says.

I think he'll become very popular here.

It'll be interesting to see how the press react to him. It seems that he is genuinely liked by them so far and if he builds up a rapport as United manager, we could get more favourable treatment in the often ABU media. Fergie made quite a few enemies it has to be said although that isn't a criticism of him as it often came about protecting the club or a player.