Press Conference Thread 2013/2014

No, he just said that he'd never confirmed it. Basically, he's sticking to the club's policy of not talking about other clubs' players.
Yep, as I said it would be horrific if we really weren't interested on him. Of course, there is no problem on what Moyes said if he was lying.

That's more the point, if he isn't the answer than who is?
Dunno, something is definitely wrong with our midfield signing policies if we weren't interested on Thiago. Probably Moyes just giving a cheap answer though.

Maybe, if they got wind of their interest. Maybe we should put up more of a fight. It's like we are selling our great club short.

I dont really see what we could do on this occasion other than sack Fergie and hire Pep ahead of time, just in case Thiago is available and we can lure him in

Its possible we were never interested in Thiago because of the almost certain lure of Bayern

More likely the certain lure of Bayern's manager and Thiago's agent's conflict of interests. It ain't over until the fat lady sings though. There's been so much bullshit printed over the last few weeks that I won't believe anything until I've seen the obligatory smiling holding a shirt picture.

To be honest i think Ekeke could be right. If we've enquired and been told Pep was keen on him we may not have bothered, knowing that he would choose Pep.

Maybe we made enquiries and Mazinho said he wanted to hold out for a Bayern bid so we moved onto someone else?

Truth is until something is publicly declared we're not really gonna know what went down. The press will just print a sensationalised story.

Rememeber when Moyes said he wouldnt sell madrid a virus? Oh wait, that wasnt moyes. What the feck, does he say these things at his everton conferences? I know feck all about this man except that he is boring

An Everton fan I know warned me that Moyes would say all the time that they were working on deals, not be linked to or have any whispers of anything going on and then sign a bunch of players in the last week of the transfer window.

Probably all that's going on here too.

He he talk about reaction. United is a not a local club who operates around the Salfords pups. We are listed at the NYSE and therefore of public interest. Supporters, sponsors, partners and almost everybody follow us, then communication is necessary otherwise we become the new Kreml with endless of speculations.

In case you don't notice buying and selling players is part of the clubs business. Welcome to the new world my friend.

United are very much a local club, as they are based and play in Manchester. Conducting on going transfers in the media spotlight just to satisfy the appetite of '659 million followers',partners, sponsors,fans etc., will not make it easier for United to obtain their transfer targets.

An Everton fan I know warned me that Moyes would say all the time that they were working on deals, not be linked to or have any whispers of anything going on and then sign a bunch of players in the last week of the transfer window.

Probably all that's going on here too.

I wouldn't complain. As long as none of them were Jermaine Beckford, that is.

The implication very much was that they were those types of panicky signings.

Probably not worth much as an observation, though. Everton and United's situations are chalk and cheese in terms of transfers. I doubt Moyes ran things that way because he wanted to.

The implication very much was that they were those types of panicky signings.

I don't think that Moyes would be naïve enough to think that he can panic buy in the bargain basement on deadline day at Manchester United. He hasn't been very open but I'm sure he's putting in effort to ensure we are proactive rather than reactive.

I don't think that Moyes would be naïve enough to think that he can panic buy in the bargain basement on deadline day at Manchester United. He hasn't been very open but I'm sure he's putting in effort to ensure we are proactive rather than reactive.

I dont think he'd be the key decision maker when it comes to transfers this season anyways. I mean in terms of who we are after and how long we've been chasing them etc. What business we'l do this season will ofcourse be approved by him but as they'd be players we'd have been after for a while, the process would be in motion already.

In any case, we rarely do business very late on and I dont think that'll change just because of a change in the manager. It just makes good business sense

In any case, we rarely do business very late on and I dont think that'll change just because of a change in the manager. It just makes good business sense

We do sometimes though, and I think the fact that Moyes wasn't technically in the job until a couple of weeks ago will have shifted everything backwards a little compared to the usual situation.

We do sometimes though, and I think the fact that Moyes wasn't technically in the job until a couple of weeks ago will have shifted everything backwards a little compared to the usual situation.

Yes but as I said, unless he wants totally different players to the ones we have already identified and has insisted on getting them, I dont see why things would be different to what they normally are.

Woodward replacing Gill could also affect the way we usually do things, to some degree.

This is fully retarded.

Disappointed with his first two press conferences? You're a mentally handicapped muppet; why should the manager of Manchester United ever seek to pamper to your stupid baby-bollocks? At least leave your childish moaning until the football starts FFS.

Mentally handicapped muppet and stupid baby-bollocks. Is this the best you can up with when someone have a opposite view from you? You make me smile because I have never met a Internet warrior with so much hate and passion.

And you ask if my daughter is fit. Should I laugh or just feel sorry for you?

OT I find Moyes as a good guy but his two first PC was nothing to write home about.

No i'm sorry mate you're utterly clueless.

You can not say anything to appease the fans if you're unsackable? Are you for real?

What were you expecting from the pressers? For him to come out and tell everybody everything that's going on behind the scenes? Pretty sure he's leaving it to the press office to handle official announcements.

My first post was spot on, you're just annoyed because YOU don't know what's going on and are dressing it up as a fault with Moyes. Nothing more nothing less.

I was expecting a more direct dialog with the media and us supporters. His answers regarding Rooney raises more questions then answers. His comment regarding Thiago looks plain ignorant. If United are not interested in a mf with his CV for a cut price then something is wrong. I understand that he probably was saving face but at this point we look clueless when we play this game.

For a start.

I was expecting a more direct dialog with the media and us supporters. His answers regarding Rooney raises more questions then answers. His comment regarding Thiago looks plain ignorant. If United are not interested in a mf with his CV for a cut price then something is wrong. I understand that he probably was saving face but at this point we look clueless when we play this game.

For a start.
How does "We really really really wanted Thiago but he dumped us and chose Bayern" make anything better? Does that make you feel better?

How does "Rooney is extremely desperate to leave, he's totally available, we're looking for the highest bidder right now" make him want to change his mind or give us an upper hand in the negotiation (both of which are beneficial to us?)

Those "direct dialog" are dumb, not the other way around.

Jesus Christ, this is not about having a different opinion anymore, it's about you having a view that none of us can share/understand. When you drive on the road and everybody is going against you, probably you're on the wrong lane.

More likely the certain lure of Bayern's manager and Thiago's agent's conflict of interests. It ain't over until the fat lady sings though. There's been so much bullshit printed over the last few weeks that I won't believe anything until I've seen the obligatory smiling holding a shirt picture.

It doesn't help with twitter united fans giving Thiago stick now.

How does "We really really really wanted Thiago but he dumped us and chose Bayern" make anything better? Does that make you feel better?

How does "Rooney is extremely desperate to leave, he's totally available, we're looking for the highest bidder right now" make him want to change his mind or give us an upper hand in the negotiation (both of which are beneficial to us?)

Those "direct dialog" are dumb, not the other way around.

Jesus Christ, this is not about having a different opinion anymore, it's about you having a view that none of us can share/understand. When you drive on the road and everybody is going against you, probably you're on the wrong lane.
Why do you think Fergie hold his famous emotional press conference the first time Rooney asked for a transfer request?

Why do you think Fergie, just a few weeks before he should retire, told the world about his conflict with Rooney?

Sometimes you need to play the game. Use the tools you have. Moyes could easily told everybody that he and the player had different views about the future but his plan was to keep the player becauset we find him valuable for the club. Sometimes the truth is the best to say.

Regarding Thiago we don't know the full story but I hope we still work on the deal and don't give up. I don't say going public is the only solution but sometimes you have to change approach or test other ways to go.

We chose to be quite and Bayern chose to talk about the player in public. Different approach of a delicat subject.

Why do you think Fergie hold his famous emotional press conference the first time Rooney asked for a transfer request?

Why do you think Fergie, just a few weeks before he should retire, told the world about his conflict with Rooney?

Sometimes you need to play the game. Use the tools you have. Moyes could easily told everybody that he and the player had different views about the future but his plan was to keep the player becauset we find him valuable for the club. Sometimes the truth is the best to say.

Regarding Thiago we don't know the full story but I hope we still work on the deal and don't give up. I don't say going public is the only solution but sometimes you have to change approach or test other ways to go.

We chose to be quite and Bayern chose to talk about the player in public. Different approach of a delicat subject.
I highly doubt you've ever worked in PR.

I highly doubt you've ever worked in PR.
Ha ha. Does it matter? We all have our ways to go.

What is the right way in In one country can be totally wrong in other parts of the world. Lets end this now. Thanks for your interesting thoughts and nice to know you Vasey.

Moyes did excactly what is required of him at the press conference. FFS, he rightly won't start babbling about our negotiations with this or that player in public. SAF didn't.