Press Conference Thread 2013/2014

I think there is some on here who would only be happy if Moyes took this approach to transfers...

25j8.jpg

Your job now is to stand behind our new manager. That's what Ferguson said. Let's face it, yesterday was disappointing, and people may have said things after seemingly missing out on a signing that every fan wanted. But today is a new day. But let's trust our manager and hope that he manages to sign the players that he is targeting. However, David Moyes could do with giving at least some sort of indication of what his plans are, there is far too much tension among the fans, and only some of it is warranted.

You are more then welcome to see what I do if we lose our first two games. Don't mix apples with pears.

Transfer market is similar to dating a hot birds. Show attraction and you will see magic. United is one of the biggest and most famous clubs in the world. When we show our interest in a player it will count, you can bet on that.

I have no idea of our approach against Thiago but our totally public silence didn't exactly helped the case. It would be intersting to see the reactions if we in public had shown our interest. Sometimes we need to adjust our strategy if it not working with silenze stampa.

You're having a shocker here. Quit the Football Manager logic. Get with the real world.

You are more then welcome to see what I do if we lose our first two games. Don't mix apples with pears.

Transfer market is similar to dating a hot birds. Show attraction and you will see magic. United is one of the biggest and most famous clubs in the world. When we show our interest in a player it will count, you can bet on that.

I have no idea of our approach against Thiago but our totally public silence didn't exactly helped the case. It would be intersting to see the reactions if we in public had shown our interest. Sometimes we need to adjust our strategy if it not working with silenze stampa.

I think most of us here will disagree with this.

Do you think transfers are conducted publicly? Do you think Thiago did not know United wanted him? And the first Thiago heard about Peps interest was at the press conference? That Pep had not already sorted out the deal with his own brother?
This is the thing. You're maybe right in every aspect but you underestimate the power of media and outside factors. I'm not saying going public is the answer to everything, just that sometimes you need to change your approach if your current doesn't work.

Moyes is not Sir Alex. He needs to get is own reputation and managing United is different to talk about Everton targets. Well you get what I mean. I'm still hopefully but I still think we should modern our public approach.

We should only start complaining if the lack of activity remains the same when the transfer window is closed. Until then, anything can happen really...

It's looks like we're losing out on big deal, big deal? We've lost on bigger and better players before, we'll live.

You and Charlie ;-)

;) We can at least agree to disagree!

I will always prefer the club to be as closed as Fort Knox. To quote Sir Alex when asked about the big fences, trees and brushes that surround Carrington: "It keeps those feckers from the media out" :D

This is the thing. You're maybe right in every aspect but you underestimate the power of media and outside factors. I'm not saying going public is the answer to everything, just that sometimes you need to change your approach if your current doesn't work.

Moyes is not Sir Alex. He needs to get is own reputation and managing United is different to talk about Everton targets. Well you get what I mean. I'm still hopefully but I still think we should modern our public approach.
Wow.

It wouldn't have made a difference to Thiago. You think he's welded to Twitter and the transfer gossip pages like we are? :lol:

Us coming out publicly, whilst nice for us and showing intent from us, wouldn't have changed his mind if he's chosen Bayern because of Pep's influence. How do you not see that?

If it's because we've not negotiated a contract that him and his advisers like, or that we couldn't negotiate with Barca, then coming out publicly isn't gonna change squat either.

I think our team of experts and Moyes knows how to handle this better than you.

Yeah, no I don't agree with you either 7even.

No, really a lot more people than that. You're on a bad one here, and the fact that only Ekeke is agreeing with you is never a good sign.
Free world man and different opinions.

I'm quite good that you are on opposite side, don't like to be a follower ;-)

Free world man and different opinions.

I'm quite good that you are on opposite side, don't like to be a follower ;-)
Let's have it straight - your opinions are all based around the fact that you don't know how far along we are with our transfer targets, and that you don't know if what's being rumoured in the press is true. You're disguising it as a discussion about Moyes' handling of the situation, but what you're really pissed off about is that you want information on stuff and you're not getting any.

Only need to go on Twitter to see how fecking retarded people are being about this situation. Moyes says 'I never said we were in for him.' and people are just blatantly twisting his words and now it's 'WE WERE NEVER IN FOR HIM AT ALL' 'WE NEVER WANTED HIM'. I mean people are so eager to latch on to any bullshit that they'll forget how to read simple sentences.

We should only start complaining if the lack of activity remains the same when the transfer window is closed. Until then, anything can happen really...

It's looks like we're losing out on big deal, big deal? We've lost on bigger and better players before, we'll live.

I consider this to be one of the most negative statements a football fan can make.

There goes another one, oh well. Is what your saying.

It's like those who say "We won the league without Nani so we don't need him". We were looking favourite to beat Real Madrid WITH Nani and after that a relatively easy ride to the Semi-final.

Loosing out on these big signings can make the difference in Europe. The PL is pretty easy tbh, having only been beaten on goal difference despite having no defenders for half the season to winning it at a canter despite Rooney scoring half the number of goals, Nani out injured half the season, our other wingers in awful form and only Carrick operating properly in midfield.

Players like Ozil, Hazard, Moura, Thiago could well make the difference in Europe.

See?

Another way to look at things is that we are in for Thiago, and that we're carrying on being a respectable club by not commenting on it. All Pep has said is that he wants Thiago, not that he's coming. For all he knows we could be close to a deal, hence being so quiet and calm about it and Moyes saying he's happy how things are going. Everyone looks at the negative side to things though.

Even if we don't get him, he's said we're happy with how things are going so it's expected we'll bring in some new faces. Looking forward to seeing who they are.

Closing the Thiago thread has resulted in homeless muppets, sleeping under the arches of lots of other threads.
Can't help but notice the counter-productive result.

Close to status-quo (not the band), was what was promised, in Moyes appointment.
We should not expect him to feed transfer rumour. Nor has he earned the gravitas to bollock reporters.
Let's hope he gets there.

I consider this to be one of the most negative statements a football fan can make.

It's like those who say "We won the league without Nani so we don't need him". We were looking favourite to beat Real Madrid WITH Nani and after that a relatively easy ride to the Semi-final.

Loosing out on these big signings can make the difference in Europe. The PL is pretty easy tbh, having only been beaten on goal difference despite having no defenders for half the season to winning it at a canter despite Rooney scoring half the number of goals, Nani out injured half the season, our other wingers in awful form and only Carrick operating properly in midfield.

Players like Ozil, Hazard, Moura, Thiago could well make the difference in Europe.

See?
Yep, i don't think it's any coincidence that the last time we won the CL was the year Ronaldo stepped up into a true world class talent. These players make big differences. RVP made the difference in the league, but in Europe you need a strong midfield.

Another way to look at things is that we are in for Thiago, and that we're carrying on being a respectable club by not commenting on it. All Pep has said is that he wants Thiago, not that he's coming. For all he knows we could be close to a deal, hence being so quiet and calm about it and Moyes saying he's happy how things are going. Everyone looks at the negative side to things though.

Even if we don't get him, he's said we're happy with how things are going so it's expected we'll bring in some new faces. Looking forward to seeing who they are.

Too much sense, get out.

Let's have it straight - your opinions are all based around the fact that you don't know how far along we are with our transfer targets, and that you don't know if what's being rumoured in the press is true. You're disguising it as a discussion about Moyes' handling of the situation, but what you're really pissed off about is that you want information on stuff and you're not getting any.
Yes and no.

I'm perfectly clear about how the press works. I'm also quite aware about how a PR works, 25 years of experience helps me with that. I just say that sometimes you need to change your approach if your current doesn't work. Lets hope for the best and I still have high hopes regarding getting the right players, but at the same time I'm disappointed with Moyes two first press conferences. To much Fergie for my likening. You can have this attitude if you are unsackable and a living legend but not if you are new and relative unproven.

Closing the Thiago thread has resulted in homeless muppets, sleeping under the arches of lots of other threads.
Can't help but notice the counter-productive result.

Close to status-quo (not the band), was what was promised, in Moyes appointment.
We should not expect him to feed transfer rumour. Nor has he earned the gravitas to bollock reporters.
Let's hope he gets there.

Yes that's exactly what's happened, they'll find any thread to discuss Thiago, it's better to just keep the transfer forum thread and lock the Thiago talk all in there.

See?

I'm not being negative, I'm just saying it's a fact we've already lost out on players (apart from Thiago, for now) so instead of moaning about it, we will always move on and still be successful. At the end of the day I support the football club, it should be a privilege for them to play for the club and not the other way around.

Yes and no.

I'm perfectly clear about how the press works. I'm also quite aware about how a PR works, 25 years of experience helps me with that. I just say that sometimes you need to change your approach if your current doesn't work. Lets hope for the best and I still have high hopes regarding getting the right players, but at the same time I'm disappointed with Moyes two first press conferences. To much Fergie for my likening. You can have this attitude if you are unsackable and a living legend but not if you are new and relative unproven.

Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime.

Yes and no.

No i'm sorry mate you're utterly clueless.

You can not say anything to appease the fans if you're unsackable? Are you for real?

What were you expecting from the pressers? For him to come out and tell everybody everything that's going on behind the scenes? Pretty sure he's leaving it to the press office to handle official announcements.

My first post was spot on, you're just annoyed because YOU don't know what's going on and are dressing it up as a fault with Moyes. Nothing more nothing less.

Whoever we do sign it'll be "Do not want" followed by five years of "not as good as X" and then a year after they retire they'll be compared favourable to the replacement who won't be as good as he was.

I'm disappointed with Moyes two first press conferences. To much Fergie for my likening. You can have this attitude if you are unsackable and a living legend but not if you are new and relative unproven.

This is fully retarded.

Disappointed with his first two press conferences? You're a mentally handicapped muppet; why should the manager of Manchester United ever seek to pamper to your stupid baby-bollocks? At least leave your childish moaning until the football starts FFS.

Link me to the post Steve.

Crikey that's a bit harsh, not blaming Moyes for this at all. In fact do we know we were in for him. We are all being taken in by Twitter etc. We will just have to wait and hope that some signings are made. The problem with the club keeping everything so secret is that they don't just keep it from the media but from the fans as well. That then makes them scurry around the social networks trying to get clues to who we are going to sign.

Whoever we do sign it'll be "Do not want" followed by five years of "not as good as X" and then a year after they retire they'll be compared favourable to the replacement who won't be as good as he was.

These will be the same ones who phone into MUTV and say Quinton Fortune is a legend.

Did Moyes really said that Thago was never a target? It would be horrific if this (not the Moyes answer, but the possibility that Thiago was never a target) is true.

This is fully retarded.

Disappointed with his first two press conferences? You're a mentally handicapped muppet; why should the manager of Manchester United ever seek to pamper to your stupid baby-bollocks? At least leave your childish moaning until the football starts FFS.

I think people are forgetting that Moyes is a Fergie clone, that was his appeal in the first place. Sir Alex kept things close to his chest and only commented when it was to his advantage. So they shouldn't be surprised.

Did Moyes really said that Thago was never a target? It would be horrific if this (not the Moyes answer, but the possibility that Thiago was never a target) is true.

No, he just said that he'd never confirmed it. Basically, he's sticking to the club's policy of not talking about other clubs' players.