Premier League Not So Festive Season

Come on, there is no such thing a "natural winner". It's just an overused media narrative.

Some managers appear to have teams who deliver in the big moments better than others.

Spurs have been offered opportunities to enter title races or run teams close and as soon as they're in one, or have a chance to win a trophy, they always fail to take it.

Some managers appear to have teams who deliver in the big moments better than others.

Spurs have been offered opportunities to enter title races or run teams close and as soon as they're in one, or have a chance to win a trophy, they always fail to take it.
It is interesting you say that as Klopp is a right mixed bag. Seems to have a problem with most of the cup finals he gets to, but won the league with Dortmund, but got Mainz relegated.

Could be the squad is not deep enough. He barely rotates. Maybe this new stadium is biting them on the bum. He needed signings and he hasn't had them. I do agree that he needs to prove he is a winner though.

Who is he meant to rotate with?

Our other bench options today were: Skipp, Rose, Nkoudou, Peters, Foyth, Gazzaniga. Lucas is the only one we had to come on and offer anything different, the rest are a bunch of youth players and a 2nd choice keeper.

You're absolutely right, if we had title ambitions we needed a couple of players to come in and offer something fresh to the team. We didn't, so will continue to be a top 4 side for the foreseeable future.

Squad based or manager? I don't think there is the depth there for Spurs as much as some Spurs fans would want you to believe. Summer hurt them.

Our other bench options today were: Skipp, Rose, Nkoudou, Peters, Foyth, Gazzaniga. Lucas is the only one we had to come on and offer anything different, the rest are a bunch of youth players and a 2nd choice keeper.

You're absolutely right, if we had title ambitions we needed a couple of players to come in and offer something fresh to the team. We didn't, so will continue to be a top 4 side for the foreseeable future.
Yep. The bench is not good enough. Think Poch will have known he needed to strengthen there, but worry for you that the money might not be available yet.

Having far more money and far better players sure does help. While Zidane was winning with a team packed with stars (including arguably the greatest player of his generation), Pochettino is "failing" to enter a title race with a side that literally didn't buy a single player in the summer.

Surely we want Arsenal to drop points tonight. Still need both Chelsea and Arsenal to drop off for us to have a chance for top 4.
Logically it makes the most sense, but I can't come to terms with wanting Liverpool to win/draw tonight, or win the league at all really. I know getting top 4 should be more important than them not winning, but it just doesn't sit right at all.
I'd be happy if Arsenal dropped points, but it doesn't make it any easier.

And my joy at the previous result was instantaneously evaporated after tuning into BT & being greeted right away by Michael Owen.

Remember no matter what happens today, if Man City win their next two games, its back to 4 points. :cool:

Easy victory in any case tonight. Liverpool 4-0 Arsenal.

Logically it makes the most sense, but I can't come to terms with wanting Liverpool to win/draw tonight, or win the league at all really. I know getting top 4 should be more important than them not winning, but it just doesn't sit right at all.
I'd be happy if Arsenal dropped points, but it doesn't make it any easier.
It is an emotional dilemma. :(

We need everyone else to draw and us to win. Come on!

And forget Pochettino, I would even stick stick with Ole because our squad is not that much better than Spurs so he won’t do much except win when it doesn’t matter.

All hope in Arsenal. That sounds so wrong.

The Scouse cnuts will win by at least three or four. That Arsenal XI will capitulate against that bum-rush football Klopp will encourage in the first thirty minutes tonight. Liverpool will make a furious start and finish the game well before half-time.

Why do people want Arsenal to win???

I get you don't want Liverpool to win the league, but to be honest, if United doesn't win the league I couldn't care less who does.

What's more important to me, is our team, and our battle for top 4.

Arsenal are above us in 5th, so all I care about is gaining points on them, and then after worry about catching Chelsea.

Good points. I keep insisting that for United and Spurs, not refreshing their teams during the Summer was a massive mistake.

Why do people want Arsenal to win???

I get you don't want Liverpool to win the league, but to be honest, if United doesn't win the league I couldn't care less who does.

What's more important to me, is our team, and our battle for top 4.

Arsenal are above us in 5th, so all I care about is gaining points on them, and then after worry about catching Chelsea.

If you truly got it, you'd understand.