Premier League Matchweek 34 April 16 - 21

Palace is just parking the bus without any idea of what to do if they get the ball. That tactic rarely works.

Why?

They are still in with a chance of the title and when the game was scheduled for TV they were a lot closer to Leicester
Just usually there's something better for Sunday. Don't think they have a chance for the title either

I believe Arsenal will be the team we push out of the top 4 if they somehow drop points today

We are more likely to push ourselves out of the top 4 even if the teams ahead of us all had 15 points deducted from them

My last sentence was with a firmly planted tongue in cheek.
Yet you called them thugs, bad to watch and attritional in your previous post. You seem a confused chap. Were you expecting a club like Leicester to sissy their way to the title like Arsenal try to do every year? They're not Barcelona or Bayern. Like most underdogs, they were only ever going to win something by working their socks off, fighting hard evert match, giving their opponents no space and playing really well as a unit. Which is what they've done. Going by your posts one would think they were doing what SAF did with the Neville's on Reyes every single game.

Palace is just parking the bus without any idea of what to do if they get the ball. That tactic rarely works.
Unfortunately it might work against us:rolleyes:

Yet you called them thugs, bad to watch and attritional in your previous post. You seem a confused chap. Were you expecting a club like Leicester to sissy their way to the title like Arsenal try to do every year? They're not Barcelona or Bayern. Like most underdogs, they were only ever going to win something by working their socks off, fighting hard evert match, giving their opponents no space and playing really well as a unit. Which is what they've done. Going by your posts one would think they were doing what SAF did with the Neville's on Reyes every single game.

Stand by all that

see Welbz still has his bad decision-making moments..

They're only two points off us if they win their game in hand.

You aren't getting fourth though, so how many points you're on doesn't matter.

We could catch you (unlikely when we're playing second string teams) but we won't overtake City.

You aren't getting fourth though, so how many points you're on doesn't matter.

We could catch you (unlikely when we're playing second string teams) but we won't overtake City.
Why the hell are you playing second string teams? Because of two Europa league games?

Why the hell are you playing second string teams? Because of two Europa league games?

Yes, why not? We'll play a stronger team against Everton but I doubt it'll be full strength.

The league is gone, we have a few key players out with injury, not sure why we should risk more in the league.

Yes, why not? We'll play a stronger team against Everton but I doubt it'll be full strength.

The league is gone, we have a few key players out with injury, not sure why we should risk more in the league.
Makes no sense. We have an Fa cup semi and had two matches in the previous round. It's no reason to play second string teams in the PL. It's not like either team has 6 CL games to play in a short space of time. It's the fa cup and Europa league and just a few games.

Let the 4th dream die, guys. It's not going to happen.
We're 4 points behind with no distractions, it's highly unlikely but there's still a chance. It will largely depend on our ability to beat Leicester, and we've been game raisers against the teams higher in the table all season.

Edit: I forgot about the FA cup but it's not as big as Madrid in the CL semis

Let the 4th dream die, guys. It's not going to happen.
City's win against Chelsea and our loss to Spurs will be the deciding series of events IMO.

I don't think it's over. We're just about in it. But I don't think it will happen.

We aren't coming 4th and even if we do, it won't be beating Arsenal to it. Their run in is extremely easy.

Makes no sense. We have an Fa cup semi and had two matches in the previous round. It's no reason to play second string teams in the PL. It's not like either team has 6 CL games to play in a short space of time. It's the fa cup and Europa league and just a few games.

I think it's the right thing to do. Why waste energy on a dead game? At least in your case you have a slight chance of 4th yet.

It makes perfect sense for Liverpool to rest players given that the chance to overtake not only United but also City or Arsenal for 4th is extremely small whereas the chance to win EL is decent.

I think it's the right thing to do. Why waste energy on a dead game? At least in your case you have a slight chance of 4th yet.

So you'd be happy just finishing anywhere low down in the table just to avoid wasting energy?

Because this is Liverpool and Manchester United football clubs playing in the premier league? You want to finish 8th/9th? It shows pathetically for either club to end the season poorly and finish closer/much closer to 10th than 1st. Besides I don't think the players are such weaklings that require the clubs to play second string teams due to a couple of extra games.