Premier League Matchweek 34 April 16 - 21

We aren't coming 4th and even if we do, it won't be beating Arsenal to it. Their run in is extremely easy.
They're away to City and play two teams fighting relegation, the easiest fixture list of the three but certainly no stroll

It makes perfect sense for Liverpool to rest players given that the chance to overtake not only United but also City or Arsenal for 4th is extremely small whereas the chance to win EL is decent.
It might make sense for a game or two, not 7.

Because this is Liverpool and Manchester United football clubs playing in the premier league? You want to finish 8th/9th? It shows pathetically for either club to end the season poorly and finish closer/much closer to 10th than 1st. Besides I don't think the players are such weaklings that require the clubs to play second string teams due to a couple of extra games.

I don't care if we finish 9th. 5th or 9th is all the same to me.

It's not that they're weaklings. It's that we have 3 senior midfielders to last the rest of the season, and we are going to want to play a high pressing game in the Europa League semis. Any rest the players get is invaluable.

It's about prioritisation - we don't have to rest all 11 players but resting a few each game will give us an edge.

Oh no. Can you believe it? Arsenal:rolleyes:

Arsenal are more dangerous. Will be 6 behind if they win, it's still two defeats at least for Leicester.
Still 10 minutes to go but arsenal aren't going to win anything, they dont have the mentality for it

Arsenal are back in 4th as it stands. Or as they like to call it, home.

I don't care if we finish 9th. 5th or 9th is all the same to me.

It's not that they're weaklings. It's that we have 3 senior midfielders to last the rest of the season, and we are going to want to play a high pressing game in the Europa League semis. Any rest the players get is invaluable.

It's about prioritisation - we don't have to rest all 11 players but resting a few each game will give us an edge.

Why won't it? An energised team will perform better than a tired team, it's ludicrous to suggest otherwise.
You'll have just as energized a team if you play a "second string team" in the few games that will make a difference. Doing it in every game is pointless. Also one or two changes isn't a "second string team", it's rotation which every team does.

And I really hope your players are just as not giving in fecks about your league position as you are.

It might make sense for a game or two, not 7.

Of course,I agree, but I doubt that they will continue to use reserves in all remaining games. They'll give rest only to key players who have played already many games (they played already one cup final). The players need match practice and rhythm, so it doesn't make sense indeed to use only reserves. The point was that it makes sense for them to concentrate on EL and give some rest to their more important players.