Premier League Gameweek 8

Are people saying we struggle because teams try harder against us? It's not as though they run harder and further or more intensely against us. Teams don't have to try hard against us, they just turn up and we let them play, which is dangerous against any side nowadays.

All the blame for that De Ligt situation has to be on the medical team surely? He can't stay on the pitch whilst he's bleeding from a head wound, everyone knows that, but the medics have not patched him up enough to see out the half. Shambolic from them and cost you a goal.

I've seen people on here having a pop at the ref and whilst I understand the frustration, it's not his fault that the player was bleeding heavily. Its not rugby, he has to go off if he's bleeding.

United have played well here. Brentford have been pants.

Only one point behind Newcastle, 2 behind Spurs and 3 behind Chelsea (albeit having played a game more than them) is crazy considering how bad we've been this season. Season is still salvageable if either Ten Hag or INEOS get their finger out.

Brighton beat Newcastle whilst starting 4 players across the midfield 22 or under and 1 of 2 strikers in front of them also 20

Good win. Was worried Ipswich would play too intensely for us to cope with but they looked very much a Championship side today.

Southampton are just a waste of a promotion place. Simply not good enough back to front to stay up, Leeds would've given it more of a go but they didn't turn up on the day.

We were pretty good against in form team, red card to Andersen helped but should've been 1-3 up long before it happened. Bench today had all of Konsa, McGinn, Maatsen, Duran and Kamara on it so we have the squad to cope with CL and league up to January. Mings also a week away from being involved.

Result of day is Brighton going to Newcastle and winning as very few teams do that. I think if CL goes down to 5th they're right in the race personally as Europe messed them up last year and their squad wasn't as big as it is now. Didn't have Van Hecke, Joao Pedro or Mitoma starting today.

Only one point behind Newcastle, 2 behind Spurs and 3 behind Chelsea (albeit having played a game more than them) is crazy considering how bad we've been this season. Season is still salvageable if either Ten Hag or INEOS get their finger out.

It's only 8 games in, when there's only 24 points to play for teams aren't going to be building 10-15 point leads. I had this argument last season with Cyberman who seems to have disappeared off the forum (hope everything is o.k) but eventually the table will balance out if the Football being played isn't that great.

Arsenal have a huge chance this season but that front 3 really isn't great. You'd expect a 1-0 win here but the next 2 games for Arsenal are pretty big.