Premier League Gameweek 8

Swopping Moyes for Lopetegeui is one of the most baffling managerial changes we've seen in the prem for quite some time.
It is really. All to do with style of play apparently according to West Ham fans, Lopetegeui is rated a lot higher than he should be.

Ally McCoist is showing some serious case of a head injury and trying to claim that Kudus should get away with a yellow.
He's an abomination of a commentator, so he is , so he did, so he can , so he was , so he should.

Red for Kudus of course but the way every footballer is rolling himself on the ground because of a soft touch is laughable.

That’s always been a red. Keane got sent plenty times for that.
That hasn’t always been a red.

556726-8302e71533da4d8c2e821d8d166ea77d.jpg

It is really. All to do with style of play apparently according to West Ham fans, Lopetegeui is rated a lot higher than he should be.
I'm not sure how it went at his later clubs (Sevilla was it?), but I remember Lopetegui's "style of play" at Real Madrid as being that players run around aimlessly and hopelessly in irrelevant spaces and the team never gets a handle on the game. Bafflingly bad stuff.

New excuses ? I am sick of them. There is always a reason why we lose and play bad football.
They don’t step up anymore, they know we are dogsh*t and there for the taking.
Like they knew before it’ll be almost impossible to take something at Old Trafford under SAF so they crumbled when they stepped in the pitch.
Not new though is it? We’re still the team everyone wants to beat. I didn’t say we’re not dogshit or playing well. There’s just something about beating man United that means something, even now.

Also, everyone enjoys the downfall of man United, except man United fans and that adds to the pressure that is playing for us.

Nowhere in my comment did I say our players are the quality we need or have the mentality we need and the fact we don’t have either of the above is part of the problem. We don’t have enough in the locker to combat all I have mentioned. It’s a mess, is this football club.

Teams step up against us though and that’s a fact
I mean that’s bollocks - we’re just capable of making any old crap look good.

Plus, West Ham are Spurs’ actual rivals so should certainly be ‘stepping up’ here.

I'm not sure how it went at his later clubs (Sevilla was it?), but I remember Lopetegui's "style of play" at Real Madrid as being that players run around aimlessly and hopelessly in irrelevant spaces and the team never gets a handle on the game. Bafflingly bad stuff.

Didn't watch much of Sevilla either, noticed recently he looked defensively sound on the stats while not scoring that many.

In La Liga:
19/20 Scored 54, conceded 34
20/21 Scored 53, conceded 33
21/22 Scored 53, conceded 30

Consistency there. Doesn't look anything like that right now, and Moyes had West Ham scoring 60+ in 3 out of 5 seasons with the complaint he'd stick players behind the ball and play too defensively without much clue going forward.

Seems like an odd choice of manager to move to if you were hoping for scintilating attacking and now his defence is shocking too.

Good news for us with arguably their best player in Kudus being suspended for the game against us next week.

Lopetegui did a good job at Wolves but his style of play really is very similar to Moyes so it wasn't an aesthetic upgrade at all and results against top sides are also worse as Moyes was beating Chelsea at home and Spurs away last season.

West Ham fans get loads of stick but really they want to watch their team playing in the style that Postacoglu has Spurs playing so they need to find a similar game.

I was surprised in the summer they didn't get Potter as with his style he'd do o.k with likes of Paqueta, Bowen, Kudus.

Don’t worry West Ham, you’ll suddenly find your form next Sunday.

Really as though they just listened to clueless Twitter fans.

I don't think that many wanted Lopetegui though as replacement. As said above the Sporting guy would've been very exciting to get and if not then another manager with that style.

West Ham will just have a nothing mid table season.

I mean that’s bollocks - we’re just capable of making any old crap look good.

Plus, West Ham are Spurs’ actual rivals so should certainly be ‘stepping up’ here.
We’re still the biggest scalp in the league despite not having been the best team for a while. Leeds have the same issue in the Championship.

We’re still the biggest scalp in the league despite not having been the best team for a while. Leeds have the same issue in the Championship.
Nah, it’s Man City these days. They are so dominant.

Nah, it’s Man City these days. They are so dominant.
Seems to me most fans of clubs would rather beat Man United than City. Probably because they actually know United fans they can wind up. Although it’s probably getting boring for them now.

Every little thing going wrong for United. They must have thought the wrap could wait for half-time only to concede with DeLigt forced off....