Premier League Gameweek 8

Nunez not getting a yellow there for dissent just reminds me of how fully MENTAL Dalots red at anfield was last season.

Liverpool look set up to shithouse their way to the title this year. Really solid defensively, lots of tactical fouls and Salah in clinical form. Their football isn't anything special though.
They won't win the title
It's a different ball game in April

Ref was poor, game turned on a penalty given and a near identical one not. Both teams were pretty poor for large stretches.

Man city only blow this title if they get complacent or have a serious injury crisis. Not sure why Sky are hyping this up as some classic. Average game of football

Last edited:
High quality match played by two very good teams. There’s only a few teams that can put on a display like that.

That was a lot of high intensity running that didn't result in a lot of football.
Yet according to a few geniuses earlier, these 2 are some sort of benchmark of amazing football.

Tough game but I’ll take that. Chelsea look like a decent side.

Konate VVD and TAA very good defensively. Jones good overall too.

Arsenal away will be interesting.

True but I don't see how they'll finish above City this season.
How about City get even a small points deduction applied this season?
Added to the fact they don't look great with Rodri out and KDB a partial version of the past.

Liverpool look set up to shithouse their way to the title this year. Really solid defensively, lots of tactical fouls and Salah in clinical form. Their football isn't anything special though.

Exactly , they are going to win the title and with a bit to spare this season.. Man for man they are nothing special but their players have character attitude and workrate in abundance, their team is a lot stronger than the sum their parts .

"The fee will be £20 million guaranteed, with an extra £5 million in add-ons based on performances.
The loan with obligation to buy is guaranteed, formally if Chelsea finish among the first 14 positions in the Premier League table. It seems improbable they won’t at least manage this, making it quite an achievable condition."

We get £20m if they finish 14th, regardless of how he playes.. 5m more if he turns into prime Messi. He will not. £20m is enough, speccially if we can laugh our heads of how sh*t he is.
Little things in life make people happy...

Now, come on Chelsea, let's have a draw.

Ah right so he's pretty much sold already. It was just a signing that didn't work out for Man United, it happens. I completely forgot Matheus Nunes even existed until he came on today, think he cost Man. City 50m so not far off Sancho fee.

Terrible decision to give a fk against Nunez there.

And equally terrible not to give him a second yellow for his petulant tantrum. Let's not forget Dalot got two yellow cards in the space of 6 seconds for a single tantrum last season at Anfield.

That referee today was a disgrace. Mac Allister should've had two yellow cards as well

Neville put Liverpool out of the top 4 (and us in it) in his pre season predictions. They should be favs to win it right now.

Exactly , they are going to win the title and with a bit to spare this season.. Man for man they are nothing special but their players have character attitude and workrate in abundance, their team is a lot stronger than the sum their parts .

They won't get 5-10 points clear of Man. City/Arsenal, let's see how they do the other side of Xmas as that was a big chance to win the league and it all fizzled out from March.

Think Arsenal will beat them next weekend if they have Odegaard and Saka back.

Ah right so he's pretty much sold already. It was just a signing that didn't work out for Man United, it happens. I completely forgot Matheus Nunes even existed until he came on today, think he cost Man. City 50m so not far off Sancho fee.
Wasn't Sancho 70 or 80m?

Nunes was an utterly duff signing, City do make a few, but they're all airbrushed out of history and never mentioned by the media, because their other massive signings hide it.

It's the bald Dutch man on the sideline!

They won't get 5-10 points clear of Man. City/Arsenal, let's see how they do the other side of Xmas as that was a big chance to win the league and it all fizzled out from March.

Not having Saliba will be a huge problem for Arsenal

Never saw today as any sort of risk for Liverpool as Chelsea always play well but lose to them.

But Arsenal away suddenly doesn't look as hard with Saliba definitely out, Odegaard probably out and Saka 5050.
Need someone to stop their winning run, thank goodness Forest beat them, and at Anfield too!

Tough game but I’ll take that. Chelsea look like a decent side.

Konate VVD and TAA very good defensively. Jones good overall too.

Arsenal away will be interesting.
Your feelings about Slot?

Wasn't Sancho 70 or 80m?

Nunes was an utterly duff signing, City do make a few, but they're all airbrushed out of history and never mentioned by the media, because their other massive signings hide it.

Man. City get away with it because they win league titles every year and go deep in CL, albeit seemingly gaming the system in the process.

When Man. United's 60-70m signings aren't coming off and they're just winning a game to get up to 11th then of course the media are going to go heavier on it. Was no different when Arsenal signed Pepe for 70m + and they were only finishing 8th in the league

I like his pragmatism. He doesn’t seem to give a damn about playing nice football. It’s been about winning games.

I think we’ll see fewer late goals under him though. Seems like we’re not built that way under him.

Not having Saliba will be a huge problem for Arsenal

Maybe being Ben White inside, him and Gabriel were actually really good in 21/22 before Saliba finally broke in. Not sure who plays RB though.

They need Saka and Odegaard back more as they're the difference makers in final third at home to Liverpool as we've seen in previous seasons given Arsenal have won their last two home games v Liverpool in the prem.

Embarassing post , no one gives a feck about City’s cheating success. Feck the scousers
I give a feck and I’d rather they won feck all. Nevertheless, feck the dippers. I’d prefer for Arsenal to win the league; they’re the least of the three evils.

Hard not too have highly positive feelings so far

1 loss in all comps, top of the league, back to back champions league match wins

The football might be less heavy metal like Klopp, but it’s not entirely different, still slick and if anything slightly more tightened up

Slot has some great so far, and has the charisma us scousers like in general

Never saw today as any sort of risk for Liverpool as Chelsea always play well but lose to them.

But Arsenal away suddenly doesn't look as hard with Saliba definitely out, Odegaard probably out and Saka 5050.
Need someone to stop their winning run, thank goodness Forest beat them, and at Anfield too!

Last season they failed to beat all of Spurs, Luton, Everton (one for that famous thread on here), West Ham, Villa, Arsenal, Brighton, Man. City, Arsenal...and Man. United.

Not winning the league if you're not hitting 11-12 away wins. Liverpool managed 9 away wins last season and they'll drop points on the road once they play more top half teams in quick succession.

Again we need to rely on City's shenanigans to stop Liverpool.
And maybe we delay their punishment for a few years until Liverpool are crap again or Chelsea or Arsenal are properly strong again.(Would have said us, but we clearly made a deal with the devil that we'd have incredible success in return for decades of madness).

Last season they failed to beat all of Spurs, Luton, Everton (one for that famous thread on here), West Ham, Villa, Arsenal, Brighton, Man. City, Arsenal...and Man. United.

Not winning the league if you're not hitting 11-12 away wins. Liverpool managed 9 away wins last season and they'll drop points on the road once they play more top half teams in quick succession.
You better be right, as so far they're effortlessly barking these wins up.