Premier League Gameweek 8

Weird Palace signed Nketiah instead of directly replacing Olise, and now Mateta’s on the bench for him
Very weird. Still trying to get my head around it. And the lack of any wing-back cover when we play a back three. Recruitment was really, really odd this summer.

Very weird. Still trying to get my head around it. And the lack of any wing-back cover when we play a back three. Recruitment was really, really odd this summer.

Do you think that was a Dougie move or nah? He's usually been on it. Lacroix is good though at least.

How’s Sarr looked? Didn’t realise you’d signed him actually. Always looked a promising player at Watford back then.

Do you think that was a Dougie move or nah? He's usually been on it. Lacroix is good though at least.

He wanted Nketiah before we signed Edouard so that was definitely a Dougie signing. Kamada is the Glasner signing and he is way off it.

Palace making Elliot Anderson look like Iniesta :lol:

All the fecking adverts around the pitch for Chinese betting sites and crypto memecoins.

Bring back fags and booze.

Predictable in lots of ways so far.

Only 3 teams in the league scored fewer than Forest going into this and one of them was Palace.

Forest with the 2nd best defensive record in the league, Palace despite being the near the bottom not bad, joint 8th.

Forest with 4 draws out of 7, Palace with 3 out of 7.

Eze out of sorts, Mateta not even the team because he is too. Forest missing Gibbs-White and Ward-Prowse.

Might have expected Forest to nick it with the home advantage but it didn't look like a potential classic.

Why isn’t that obstruction? The defender wasn’t protecting the ball, he didn’t have possession of it yet

How Palace has fallen from a top 6 form team to relegation now? It can't be only Olise, Wharton and Eze are half the players they were end of last season, also Mateta.

How Palace has fallen from a top 6 form team to relegation now? It can't be only Olise, Wharton and Eze are half the players they were end of last season, also Mateta.

They beat a load of teams on the beach

Palace need to play 4-3-3 and get in Sarr for some more pace.

Wolves-Palace in two weeks so whoever loses that gets sacked.

Would be worried as a Palace fan. Kamada is a terrible Olise replacement.

Nah he's a CM. They sort of replaced Olise with combination of Sarr/Nketieh but never have been any good so far and look awkward fits for the formation being played.

Olise was a huge loss, not sure what the thinking was behind selling Andersen either, he was good for them. I don't know if he pushed for the move or what, it did seem kind of sideways for him at the time. To be fair, they're still not too bad at the back.

Was always that thing that some people said - outside of about 8 clubs everyone else is one bad season away from potential relegation. Perhaps not so much in recent years as the promoted clubs struggle so much to the financial gap and I think Palace will be ok ultimately. Easy to go from something like 9th to 17th and vice versa though. Lose a key player, have a bad transfer window, get some injuries, appoint a bad manager etc.

Nah he's a CM. They sort of replaced Olise with combination of Sarr/Nketieh but never have been any good so far and look awkward fits for the formation being played.
Kamada has been playing in the spot behind Nketiah/Mateta like Olise and Eze were last season when I've seen them play (aside from against us when he did play CM).

Olise was a huge loss, not sure what the thinking was behind selling Andersen either, he was good for them. I don't know if he pushed for the move or what, it did seem kind of sideways for him at the time. To be fair, they're still not too bad at the back.

Was always that thing that some people said - outside of about 8 clubs everyone else is one bad season away from potential relegation. Perhaps not so much in recent years as the promoted clubs struggle so much to the financial gap and I think Palace will be ok ultimately. Easy to go from something like 9th to 17th and vice versa. Lose a key player, have a bad transfer window, get some injuries, appoint a bad manager etc.
Fulham offered 2.5x the salary he had at Palace or smth.

Kamada has been playing in the spot behind Nketiah/Mateta like Olise and Eze were last season when I've seen them play (aside from against us when he did play CM).

Olise was always playing off the right last season (same as Palmer for Chelsea).

It's an issue for Palace for sure, they need to quickly find a formation that gets Eze on the ball as much as possible close to the box as they don't have much of a threat down the other side anymore.