Premier League Gameweek 8

Wow, fair play to Slot and Liverpool, they just keep on winning!

Maresca looks like a thoroughly joyless, humourless and angry Terminator of a bloke.

I'm sure a lot of us here did too

I had us 3rd and Liverpool tentatively 4th although I thought they might implode without Klopp.

They still might of course but Slott has made an annoyingly good start to the season. I definitely didn't have them as title contenders.

I'm sure a lot of us here did too
That’s not unusual for a fan forum. However , Neville’s analysis when giving his predictions was Liverpool would fall off due to a new manager. However, he failed to acknowledge that Liverpool got 82pts last season with a brand new midfield that had room to improve and develop. To then argue they’re not Top 4 quality was odd, especially given the fact he put Utd in his Top 4 who ended last season 22pts behind 3rd placed Liverpool.

Wishful thinking is normal, but when you’re paid to give authentic analysis I did find his predictions lacked credibility.

Really? I think both look very ordinary and disjointed. Villa better than both but no real depth. Really inexcusable that we're so far

Might be something to do with not making the most of scousers 1st half or turning up against Spurs

That’s not unusual for a fan forum. However , Neville’s analysis when giving his predictions was Liverpool would fall off due to a new manager. However, he failed to acknowledge that Liverpool got 82pts last season with a brand new midfield that had room to improve and develop. To then argue they’re not Top 4 quality was odd, especially given the fact he put Utd in his Top 4 who ended last season 22pts behind 3rd placed Liverpool.

Wishful thinking is normal, but when you’re paid to give authentic analysis I did find his predictions lacked credibility.

When we lost Fergie, we finished the following season 25 points worse off. I felt Liverpool would have a 10-15 point dip without Klopp.

United were miles off top 4 last year but comfortably top 4 the season before. On paper our summer looked decent so I thought we'd be back in the mix again.

Man. City get away with it because they win league titles every year and go deep in CL, albeit seemingly gaming the system in the process.

When Man. United's 60-70m signings aren't coming off and they're just winning a game to get up to 11th then of course the media are going to go heavier on it. Was no different when Arsenal signed Pepe for 70m + and they were only finishing 8th in the league

You should be happy they are gaming the system because means you can spend with freedom

Chelsea played well despite Palmer being marked out of the game. Caicado looked class while dumping Sancho was one of our better decisions. He was easily the worst player on the pitch.

It's never got involved in free kicks unless a red card is given/is to be given, how have you only just noticed this?
I know it hasn’t but surely ‘off the record’ they could be highlighting such obvious calls. They’re not in the next room having a cup of tea until called upon. They’ll be watching the whole game

2-1 loss at Anfield is not the worst result in the world. I think a draw was probably a fair result but that’s how you know standards have been in the toilet at Chelsea the last few years when I’m happy to accept a narrow loss vs Liverpool because ‘we played alright’.

2-1 was actually my prediction. Yesterday. Talk of Chelsea being “ready to challenge” is WAY premature. I think Liverpool DO have a chance to challenge, and I thought the way they approached us defensively and in transition was creative and effective. Kudos to Slott.

Took a lot of positives from it for us as well.

Not a good result; not the end of the world (as long as they learn some things from it).

I'm glad Carragher pointed out Reece James talking asleep for the winner. It's not often people criticise him for clear mistakes.

He's basically the right back version of Lesley King. The longer he's out, the better he becomes.

I'm glad Carragher pointed out Reece James talking asleep for the winner. It's not often people criticise him for clear mistakes.

He's basically the right back version of Lesley King. The longer he's out, the better he becomes.

It’s his first game since preseason. His reputation has actually nosedived since he’s been out for so long. He used to be talked about as one of Trent’s peers, some even preferred James. These days people laugh and snigger if you bring up James’ name in a RB conversation.

Anyway, Carragher is very annoying to listen to when he has to analyse a Liverpool game.

It’s his first game since preseason. His reputation has actually nosedived since he’s been out for so long. He used to be talked about as one of Trent’s peers, some even preferred James. These days people laugh and snigger if you bring up James’ name in a RB conversation.
Rightly so his reputation has nosedived. If over the past few years, you've been unavailable for more games than you have been available for, you absolutely should not be in the same conversation with Trent or other leading right backs in the league.

I've still seen countless Chelsea laud him as an outstanding, one of the best right backs in the world. No player is worthy of that status if they barely ever play. Will be interesting to see if he can return to the player he was in your CL winning season.

Has there ever been so many teams without a win at this stage of the season before? I know Palace have yet to play, but still.

Gone back to 1950 looking and haven't found one yet. Can't be bothered anymore.

I’m convinced Slot can’t be a success for Liverpool purely because of how looks. He’s like a short little Harkonnen goblin who wouldn’t look out of place in that weird pic of Hodgson and Sammy Lee jumping about. I just cannot see someone with that physical profile being a winner.

He is - or at least was - an outstanding footballer. It’s whether the injuries have diminished him. If he’s fit he’s a better RB than Alexander Arnold. Pretty enormous if, though.

Rightly so his reputation has nosedived. If over the past few years, you've been unavailable for more games than you have been available for, you absolutely should not be in the same conversation with Trent or other leading right backs in the league.

I've still seen countless Chelsea laud him as an outstanding, one of the best right backs in the world. No player is worthy of that status if they barely ever play. Will be interesting to see if he can return to the player he was in your CL winning season.

I don’t disagree, but the guy I replied to was making the case that James’ reputation has grown, and keep growing, in his absence.

I think his talent and ability is definitely in that conversation but yes, if you’re never fit to play, you’re never going to be in that conversation.

I only had the game in the background but colour me shocked did TAA actually look okay defensively? Looked like he did well against Sancho (okay, not that hard) and did reasonably well against Neto (apart from two inside runs).

From being outright poor, is he actually decent now? Seems like he's actually making a physical effort to get goal side, tight and affect the ball etc now. Contract renewal eh?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Trent & Robertson play so defensive they barely left their own half. Fair play to Slot though. For a team top of the league to adopt a sit back, no press long ball strategy (at home aswell) is something you don’t always see from a top team. Other teams will follow suit for sure.

How's that a Pen for pool? It has to be one of the worst pens given , and we now have VAR to justify it thought we would never see a realy top soft pen like that again . Poor refs officials all round