Premier League Gameweek 8

Yes, both.
They really don't. Yes, they are miles better than us but that is no longer the barometer of good - they both look pretty average. City without Rodri for the rest of the season means this could be one of the most open league title races in years.

Chelsea need to spend another £250m on centre backs. Thiago Silva would still be their best defender.

Very poor half, both teams look very ordinary and it's frustrating how far behind them weve let ourselves become

Surely you want him to do well enough to actually sell him for decent money, his time at Man. United is already over.
"The fee will be £20 million guaranteed, with an extra £5 million in add-ons based on performances.
The loan with obligation to buy is guaranteed, formally if Chelsea finish among the first 14 positions in the Premier League table. It seems improbable they won’t at least manage this, making it quite an achievable condition."

We get £20m if they finish 14th, regardless of how he playes.. 5m more if he turns into prime Messi. He will not. £20m is enough, speccially if we can laugh our heads of how sh*t he is.
Little things in life make people happy...

Now, come on Chelsea, let's have a draw.

I haven't gotten to see much of Chelsea this season, but they look worse than under Poch at the end of last season.

I would be surprised if the top four didn't end up being these two plus City and Arsenal. Fifth place is up for grabs if we can pull our finger out.

Are there any out and out fantastic teams at the moment? At some point maybe people will realize the players have a point about the number of games.

I would be surprised if the top four didn't end up being these two plus City and Arsenal. Fifth place is up for grabs if we can pull our finger out.

Really? I think both look very ordinary and disjointed. Villa better than both but no real depth. Really inexcusable that we're so far

Chelsea have been awful this match imo(specially Palmer and defence). Pool nothing special either.

Except he's clearly not. So many false takes about offside from football fans and even pundits, starting with not knowning what "interfering with play" means.

You should watch it again

I have. While he's not directly in his eyeline, he's offside right there in front of him as the shot comes in. There's no foul on keeper for me either. But you can't say for certain he isn't interfering with play.

If you're the keeper there, a player in your eyeline like that is interfering with your focus and ability to play the ball. Even a split second distraction is enough to cause you to mistime your reaction to the header and miss the ball.

If he’s genuinely in that much pain surely he won’t be able to continue

….surprise surprise he’s ok

Really? I think both look very ordinary and disjointed. Villa better than both but no real depth. Really inexcusable that we're so far
I don't think you have to be that good to get top four this season. Looking at the results, Villa have done well but performances have been pretty average too, and I'm not sure they'll be able to juggle the latter stages of the Champions League with the race for top four.

Liverpool beating a team full of players they actually wanted to sign is somewhat poetic. Disgusting, but poetic.

Arsenal could miss out of top 4 this year as their lack of discipline will probably cost them a lot of points