Premier League Gameweek 7

United will put a few past Palace. Lukaku to get a brace.

Always wondered why rivals fans post in this thread, are you banned from the matchday one?

I assume because thread is for all the PL games and the matchday one is just for the Utd game.

Always wondered why rivals fans post in this thread, are you banned from the matchday one?
No, it’s the PL match day thread so instead of clogging the United one up with posts from a Liverpool fan I post in here.

I’ll probably post in the match day thread for the game at Anfield coming up.

Crystal Palace's game plan of hoofing the ball to the Manchester United centrebacks is riveting

A second for United. Palace are never going to win a game again.

Palace :(:(:(

Still, you have to appreciate the ease with which united are putting these teams to the sword. Said it already, but the only thing missing atm for them to be favourites for the title is scoring regularly from set pieces.

Still, you have to appreciate the ease with which united are putting these teams to the sword. Said it already, but the only thing missing atm for them to be favourites for the title is scoring regularly from set pieces.

Our lack of a RW and top class attacking fullbacks will hurt us against the top teams, congest the middle and we're in trouble.

Still think that Citeh are favourites due to their embarassing riches in attack.

I think they've improved a lot on offensive set pieces this season. Imo what's missing is a great Mkhitaryan to connect the midfield with the forwards. They still have problems breaking down teams with a low block but as soon as they have a comfortable lead when teams expose themselves to their counters they look a lot more dangerous.

They needed an upgrade on Mata-Mkhitaryan and a proper left back wouldn't hurt either even though Young has been good from what I've seen. I think it's still a year too soon for them to win it.

We really need to win tomorrow and against United. Halting their momentum would be great because at the moment it's all going swimmingly for them. JM might eventually run them in to the ground but he'll leave wirh a title before then. Really don't want to have to be a city fan for the title race.
Can't believe I actually thought we'd invest in the squad and actually be in it.

We really need to win tomorrow and against United. Halting their momentum would be great because at the moment it's all going swimmingly for them. JM might eventually run them in to the ground but he'll leave wirh a title before then.

The difference is, in the past Jose has commonly used a fixed starting 11, but at United he is rotating a lot more and we have good squad depth. I'd say Klopp will run the Liverpool players into the ground first due to his style and little depth.

The difference is, in the past Jose has commonly used a fixed starting 11, but at United he is rotating a lot more and we have good squad depth. I'd say Klopp will run the Liverpool players into the ground first due to his style and little depth.
I agree. Their play is so high tempo, you need to change the team now and again. Is it his fault or the boards?

I agree. Their play is so high tempo, you need to change the team now and again. Is it his fault or the boards?
Sounds like both. Board couldn't get him his first choice targets and he wasn't willing to settle for anything less.

Sounds like both. Board couldn't get him his first choice targets and he wasn't willing to settle for anything less.
You would think there would be better options for CB than they have. VVD is not the only option. There must be more competent goalies out there surely.

You would think there would be better options for CB than they have. VVD is not the only option. There must be more competent goalies out there surely.
Or bring back Sakho. The lack of recruitment has been his biggest flaw as Liverpool manager IMO.