Premier League Gameweek 7

City were very good, but Chelsea were really awful. Expected them to do much more. Maybe a bit tired? Couldn't hold on to the ball either. A really strange performance from them. Not sure what Conte wanted to achieve today.

They replace Morata with Willian and it all fell apart for them. Batsuyi is garbage, they are really going to miss Morata.

TL:DR they're not quite great at breaking down buses. Hence the need to score from set pieces

Well they've scored from a set piece (corner or free kick) in every single Premier League game so far except at Southampton so they're doing a fantastic job in that department.

Batshuayi can't play football if his life depended on it. He's only good as a pure poacher on the end of crosses.

Really? After today? Looked out of place at that level.
havent seen a great deal but what i have seen he is a bulldozer type. Big strong and just runs with it.

Anyone would have looked poor v that city side today, most likely. Its silly, people saying jesus and kante are suddenly poor is just as bad. Its one game

Chelsea are average - last season's title looks like taking advantage of other clubs in rebuilding mode while only playing one game a week. City are playing well and I make them slight favourites as things stand...but it's only September and we have yet to see if Guardiola can successfully build around non-stop football which, instead of a winter break, includes a packed Christmas and New Year period.

Glen Hoddle has been reported missing, last seen in the viccinity of Guardiola's colon, while Keown has been arrested for stalking after following De Bruyne down the tunnel......an utter shit show on commentary that matched Chelsea's performance, they set out ridiculously negative and it took them 70 minutes to start actually playing.

different types IMO. Bakayoko more athletic and far better box to box. Matic very good too. Id happily take either
Bakayoko looks quite limited on the ball. Is he really box to box? I'd expect a player of that sort to be better on the ball.

City have now outclassed Liverpool at home and Chelsea away. If that isn't a statement of intent I don't know what is. They're not going to drop many points this season.

Even without Mendy and Aguero they looked a very complete and solid team. Delph surprised me with his performance, put in a very capable performance at LB. But then again his opposition was Azpilicueta. :wenger:
Liverpool looked the better side until the sending off. They lost their bottle once that happened.

Arsenal did that a fortnight ago, too. This Chelsea side are not a patch on what they were last season.
That's true. The game in midweek and Morata going off probably didn't help but they don't look the unit they did last year.

City on the other hand are definitely look like they've fixed a lot of last seasons issues. Still early though.

havent seen a great deal but what i have seen he is a bulldozer type. Big strong and just runs with it.

Anyone would have looked poor v that city side today, most likely. Its silly, people saying jesus and kante are suddenly poor is just as bad. Its one game

Didn't think City were particularly impressive today myself. We read the game differently.

My take: both teams looked tired and lacking in ideas, except for one exceptional player: De Bruyne.

But Bakayoko and Hazard were the stand out performances for Chelsea. Didn't do anything with the ball, couldn't pass, couldn't hold on to it.

Glen Hoddle has been reported missing, last seen in the viccinity of Guardiola's colon, while Keown has been arrested for stalking after following De Bruyne down the tunnel......an utter shit show on commentary that matched Chelsea's performance, they set out ridiculously negative and it took them 70 minutes to start actually playing.

Yea Keown and Hoddle were doing my nut in.

Didn't think City were particularly impressive today myself. We read the game differently.

My take: both teams looked tired and lacking in ideas, except for one exceptional player: De Bruyne.

But Bakayoko and Hazard were the stand out performances for Chelsea. Didn't do anything with the ball, couldn't pass, couldn't hold on to it.
part of me thought if Morata had stayed on, they wouldnt have lost.

:lol:

Were City doped (just joking, calm down)? They were all over Chelsea, it was crazy.

Most were saying he looked the weak link in that Monaco side last season.
He looks clumsy to me. Like a clumsier, stronger version of Kante. I don't know they they didn't go for a deep lying playmaker instead. They both seem similar players.

Yeah so they don't hand out "held your own for a half" prizes. We lost and we usually do poorly at Cheslea. City just went and turned them over there. Obviously a brilliant result for them and a bad one for us.

Hopefully their defensive frailties return
Chelsea beat City last season both at home and away last season! It's a new season, why are you so hung up on that defeat? Chelsea had a significant change in the midfield dynamic for good or for bad time we tell (doesn't look good this game without a proper anchor) Hazard is not his best and Morata coming off had influence, David Luis suspension... City had great result today but it's not like against the top form Chelsea. It's predictable for Chelsea to be not as good this season from last playing 2 games a week with sideway change in quality than real quality improvement.

For all we know the way City played taxes plenty on player stamina and City is also losing key players long term. Once they can't sustain this kind of performance level, they don't have plan B to just crawl over the line. Time will tell. It's not the first time City had these kind of start to the season. The most important thing is we don't let them take any lead in point.

He looks clumsy to me. Like a clumsier, stronger version of Kante. I don't know they they didn't go for a deep lying playmaker instead. They both seem similar players.

Cesc is the play maker. Matic is as good as it gets in deep play maker with strong defensive ability. I don't see any similar player moving this past summer window.

Last edited:
Sure. We have both had good starts but the season is so long and City somehow always seems to be favourites (and start well too)

They do so we have to hope that they fall away like they have done in the past.

part of me thought if Morata had stayed on, they wouldnt have lost.

Probably. It couldn't be any worse than Hazard's advanced placement and positioning sucking all life from Chelsea's attack. He was offside most of the time and was not putting pressure from the front.

Anyway. We are one Perisic away to match City attacking force.

No shame in coming second to this City side. Won’t stop me from being fecking gutted.

Not really. FB's and RW and then we are talking. Also we could do with an upgrade at #10 since our options are far behind the likes of KDB\Silva and Eriksen, even Coutinho.

It's not the attackers. Their #10s are what I envy. Martial, Rashford, Lukaku compare well with Sane, Aguero, Jesus. Silva, De Bruyne and Silva (once we see his best) is where we can improve. Our so called playmakers - Mkhitarian and Mata - are more attackers than playmakers.

:lol:

TBF, Chelsea weren't that bad - completely failed in midfield and sloppy passes, but they're still a really goos team. Probably set-up wrong for the match, should have played the long ball and runners more than their usual game. Have to hope City drop a gear in the winter when the fixtures pile up.

City are in exactly the same position as they were last season. Lots of things might change over, as you say, the winter.

It's not the attackers. Their #10s are what I envy. Martial, Rashford, Lukaku compare well with Sane, Aguero, Jesus. Silva, De Bruyne and Silva (once we see his best) is where we can improve. Our so called playmakers - Mkhitarian and Mata - are more attackers than playmakers.

Not really. FB's and RW and then we are talking. Also we could do with an upgrade at #10 since our options are far behind the likes of KDB\Silva and Eriksen, even Coutinho.

Should put a white text. I was being sarcastic, mates; since seems like we've spent a significant time on summer for this guy, when there are several other positions that also need improvement.

City were impressive today. Yes, Morata's injury was huge and made the game a lot easier for them, but still

What did you think of the changes Conte made after Morata's injury?

I can understand Willian ahead of Michy. Even with Morata on we were getting nowhere. Bats can't lead the line.

Obviously didn't work. Bad day at the office for the manager and a lot of the players.

Man City are good though, let's not kid ourselves.