Premier League Gameweek 7

City's best performance of the season when it mattered. They're obviously a very good team. So are Utd. It's going to be an exciting season. Bring on Dec 9th.

Great performance from City, they executed the gameplan well and were the better side. Pep needs to top being criticised now, he is arguably the best tactical mind in football right now.

So just one contender then...
I get your point and you get mine, beating a contender or not is semantics. They have Liverpool/Chelsea out of their fixture list with positive results. We haven't played anyone serious so far. There is a logic in seeing them more favorite than us unless one is being truly obtuse about it.

I can understand Willian ahead of Michy. Even with Morata on we were getting nowhere. Bats can't lead the line.

Obviously didn't work. Bad day at the office for the manager and a lot of the players.

Man City are good though, let's not kid ourselves.
I thought you looked alright with Morata on, and without any real chance after he went off.

I get your point and you get mine, beating a contender or not is semantics. They have Liverpool/Chelsea out of their fixture list with positive results. We haven't played anyone serious so far. There is a logic in seeing them more favorite than us unless one is being truly obtuse about it.
As far as I'm concerned they're favorites just cause of the team. They have the best team. They haven't really proved till now they'll walk or piss the league. They've been good but by some their games have been completely overrated. Today for instance Chelsea was below par.
Great performance from City, they executed the gameplan well and were the better side. Pep needs to top being criticised now, he is arguably the best tactical mind in football right now.
Is he really?

As far as I'm concerned they're favorites just cause of the team. They have the best team. They haven't really proved till now they'll walk or piss the league. They've been good but by some their games have been completely overrated. Today for instance Chelsea was below par.

Is he really?

Chelsea were below par but for me that was all down to City winning the midfield battle and then hemming then in in the last 3rd, we just totally controlled the game to prevent them from actually playing.

This is only said during the second half of the season not in September. They didn't get any fixtures out of their list. They can lose to both in the second half of the season when things will actually matter in the race. Now it's all about building momentum.

I watched the replay of Crouch goal in Stoke vs Southampton, I was like what is van Dijk doing?? And I thought this guy is supposed to be worth 50m - 60m pounds. Either he turned himself into a poor defender or he just didn't give a fek about his team.

Morata is very arguably Chelsea's best player right now -- a 1-0 loss to City after he goes off injured early in the game is nothing to sneeze at.

This is only said during the second half of the season not in September. They didn't get any fixtures out of their list. They can lose to both in the second half of the season when things will actually matter in the race. Now it's all about building momentum.
They did though, it's a fact you cannot argue :wenger:. We still have to play Liverpool twice and only once for them ... Same with Chelsea. It doesn't actually mean anything, being a favorite means feck all anyway. It's just that I understand why they're considered like that, on top of having one the best squads in the league.

They did though, it's a fact you cannot argue :wenger:. We still have to play Liverpool twice and only once for them ... Same with Chelsea. It doesn't actually mean anything, being a favorite means feck all anyway. It's just that I understand why they're considered like that, on top of having one the best squads in the league.

There's no doubt they are title favorite and have the best squad in the league. What I want to say is "getting the fixture out of the list" is only said after playing both games, not just one and not in September.

What we can say is they got rid of the Bridge visit that early in the season.

There's no doubt they are title favorite and have the best squad in the league. What I want to say is "getting the fixture out of the list" is only said after playing both games, not just one and not in September.

What we can say is they got rid of the Bridge visit that early in the season.
Meh, semantics. It's still a fixture no ?

Meh, semantics. It's still a fixture no ?

Well, supposedly yes. I just feel this phrase is used better during the second half of the win when each win and getting rid of each opponent really matters. :D

Chelsea still look good as a team IMO. There are clear patterns in their play, they're still solid and obviously well coached. However, it's a whole new situation for them with CL fixtures, and maybe not having that extra bit of motivation from last year.

Christ! What a hit by Laca! He hits the post! We have been crying for strikers likes him for years.

Won't bother watching anymore, this has a big Arse victory written all over it.

Brighton are terrible. Not sure if the top 6 have got better or the rest have just got worse.