Premier League Gameweek 5

I don't know because they didn't show it :lol: But to make it more annoying Carragher and Neville were making it sound like it was kicking off but the cameras didn't cut to it at all.
Damn it! Love some fighting

Even if city are thrown out of the league, Liverpool will beat you to the title cause Arteta is afraid of his shadow away from home.

Parked the bus at Spurs for feck sake.

The difference between you and Liverpool is they'll always play to win.
They'd never throw away an 11 point lead.
Same as Sir Alex's United.

They always go for the jugular, it's a mentality thing and Arsenal just don't show it despite being a phenomenal team.

There's no way you actually believe that

Arsenal are miles ahead of Liverpool

Even if city are thrown out of the league, Liverpool will beat you to the title cause Arteta is afraid of his shadow away from home.

They always go for the jugular, it's a mentality thing and Arsenal just don't show it despite being a phenomenal team.
I'd take that scenario because it would mean your cheating club has got the punishment it deserves.

Just heard that Havertz has completed 0 pass in the entire game:eek:
Thought I remembered him chesting it down and laying it off to the right wing in the first half, but if so I'm probably misremembering. Difficult game to get involved in considering City controlled the possession and then being reduced to 10 men for the second half. Not a bad game to have him kept in though as he's good on the first post on defensive corners.

Doku did it a few minutes prior and that incident justified a yellow card more than the Trossard one as there was a longer gap between the ref blowing for a free kick and Doku kicking it away.
He didn't kick it away, he passed it to the Arsenal player to take the free kick.

He looks up to see Gundogan pointing to him where the free kick was, Doku then points in that direction and proceeds to kick the ball in that direction towards the Arsenal player to take the free kick.

Thought I remembered him chesting it down and laying it off to the right wing in the first half, but if so I'm probably misremembering. Difficult game to get involved in considering City controlled the possession and then being reduced to 10 men for the second half. Not a bad game to have him kept in though as he's good on the first post on defensive corners.
Not having 1 successful pass in 90min of football cannot be explained to me. It's crazy

If City bought him out explain why :-

1. Arsenal got away with taking the freekick ten yards forward

2. Why the ref called Walker over and then didn't give him ample time to get back in position, leading to him being out of position for Calafiores goal.

Surely if the logic goes that the ref is helping City, then these two above wouldn't have happened.

Make it make sense.

I mean I dislike City as much as the next guy, but let's be consistent.
Feel free to support him. Seems clear to me that he and several others are clearly corrupt.

He didn't kick it away, he passed it to the Arsenal player to take the free kick.

He looks up to see Gundogan pointing to him where the free kick was, Doku then points in that direction and proceeds to kick the ball in that direction towards the Arsenal player to take the free kick.
That is incorrect. The pundits analysed this incident at half time. The player who Doku kicked it to was stood around 10 yards behind Rice, who took the free kick. Doku kicked it well away from where the foul occurred.

There's no way you actually believe that

Arsenal are miles ahead of Liverpool

They're a better team but they haven't the balls to go and win the way Liverpool do. If you give Liverpool an inch they'll take a mile. I don't see it with Arsenal. Liverpool won't turtle up when the going gets tough, they don't have to be as good a team.

Did you watch the game or not? It was the first time grealish actually ran at a defender and something came from it. Until then they were passing very slowly around the 18 yard box, shooting over from 25 yards, then repeating.

Literally just a shot from distance, from the exact same position as many of their others.

Grealish didn't run at anyone, you are making things up.

2. Why the ref called Walker over and then didn't give him ample time to get back in position, leading to him being out of position for Calafiores goal.

Surely if the logic goes that the ref is helping City, then these two above wouldn't have happened.

Make it make sense.

2 is nonsense really. Walker strolled back, there was definitely enough time given to him to wake up to danger.

Literally just a shot from distance, from the exact same position as many of their others.

Grealish didn't run at anyone, you are making things up.

Ok cool so you weren’t watching.

He broke the pattern of boring passing by running at someone for the first time today, and it won the corner they scored from.

Make it make sense.

How is he out of position?

He’d be better focussing on Martinelli instead of telling others what to do, and trying to stop the pass inside

I'd take that scenario because it would mean your cheating club has got the punishment it deserves.
Ditto.. it's nice to talk about how good you are and how you should play...when you have cheated all the way to get there.

If Pool wins, so be it...at least it wasnt City.

I didn't find City particularly entertaining today....same old thing really. They should have put a couple of players who can shoot outside the box at least. I was happy to see Kovacic and Dias having those looks.

We played ok the first half. Apart from the first 10 min, we were the better team I thought...albeit marginally. Ref changed the nature of the game just before halftime, amd then came the full bus and the sideways passing.

If we were 10 men at City, it would finish 9 or 10 nil to City, we have nowhere near the fight or shithousery (which every great team has) to survive in those situations. We find it hard enough with 11 players on the pitch.

If we were 10 men at City, it would finish 9 or 10 nil to City, we have nowhere near the fight or shithousery (which every great team has) to survive in those situations. We find it hard enough with 11 players on the pitch.
They worked as a team and pulled together with some proper grit. It’s easy to criticise but it’s not like everyone can do it.

Hilarious. Won 9 and drew 2 of our last 11 away games, including two at City.

And saying that Sir Alex never sat back. :lol: United’s success in Europe in later years was driven by playing defensively in the away games and trying to win at home.

Ok cool so you weren’t watching.

He broke the pattern of boring passing by running at someone for the first time today, and it won the corner they scored from.
He didn't run, are you blind? They had attempted that move from both sides many times, it's a basic cutback.

And saying that Sir Alex never sat back. :lol: United’s success in Europe in later years was driven by playing defensively in the away games and trying to win at home.
Pretty much what Jose was known for.

I’m not sure that’s accurate. Scoring 3 goals at Barca, Juve, Milan etc whilst going deep in Europe…

They're a better team but they haven't the balls to go and win the way Liverpool do. If you give Liverpool an inch they'll take a mile. I don't see it with Arsenal. Liverpool won't turtle up when the going gets tough, they don't have to be as good a team.

Laughable take. It's not 2020.

I’m not sure that’s accurate. Scoring 3 goals at Barca, Juve, Milan etc whilst going deep in Europe…
Nah man, you guys who were known for being naive and who even Rooney questioned your CL final tactics as too open and called out Sir Alex for saying "We'll show them who we f**king are", played Arteta/Simone ball away from home in the CL....

How come Pep went unpunished for the assault on the seat? Seriously, was it Wenger that got sent off for kicking a water bottle? If an Arsenal supporter did that to the seat he was in, he would probably be arrested.

Laughable take. It's not 2020.
You think? watch and see come seasons end. Liverpool will be right in the mix, cause they're a team/club who can absolutely do magical things on momentum and courage (much and all as I dislike much of their support). There's a reason shit Liverpool sides can go deep in Europe and win CL's when other clubs can't at their best.

Nah man, you guys who were known for being naive and who even Rooney questioned your CL final tactics as too open and called out Sir Alex for saying "We'll show them who we f**king are", played Arteta/Simone ball away from home in the CL....
Sir Alex could be pragmatic, and didn’t always play the same way, but yeah it’s a hilariously bad take to suggest the only European success in that period was playing defensively away from home. Especially when you look at some of the epic games in that period against the biggest teams.