Premier League Gameweek 5

Arsenal would have been insufferable if they'd held on, and didn't deserve it with about 8 fake injuries/cynical delays.

But then City we all know are a loathsome machine.

However, neither winning is good.
Vastly better for Arsenal to win. Couldn't give two figs about them. City is our rival.

Ref was a disaster. Haaland threw the ball at an Arsenal player's head after City 2nd goal - that should be a yellow card if the Arsenal player booting the ball up seconds after the ref blew his whistle and "delaying" the game for 1-2 seconds was a yellow. And he made a whole bunch of other mistakes.

Watching Barcelona v Villarreal is like a different sport compared to this shite.

Ref was a disaster. Haaland threw the ball at an Arsenal player's head after City 2nd goal - that should be a yellow card if the Arsenal player booting the ball up seconds after the ref blew his whistle and "delaying" the game for 1-2 seconds was a yellow. And he made a whole bunch of other mistakes.

Noticed that as well.

Wheres VAR when that happens?

I don't know what people were watching today. Everybody seems so excited but it was just a normal game. Nothing special. Some pundits and media talk like this game is best thing that happened since Internet. Calm down.

Keane is bang on. That second half from city was shocking. The basics of playing against 10 men is make the pitch as big as possible - they literally camped 8 players in the Arsenal box - just standing there - every fecking attack. The entire game plan was cut back to Dias on the edge of the box - I’ve never seen anything like it!

Keane is bang on. That second half from city was shocking. The basics of playing against 10 men is make the pitch as big as possible - they literally camped 8 players in the Arsenal box - just standing there - every fecking attack. The entire game plan was cut back to Dias on the edge of the box - I’ve never seen anything like it!
That was definitely not the game plan. Arsenal closed down everyone else pretty quickly and left Dias with time on the ball for a reason. I do agree on City not stretching the pitch. It's unusual considering that's how they score most of their goals anyway.

As opposed to Manchester City winning it for the one billionth time? I'll take Arsenal all day every day thank you very much.

City will get points deducted this season so whatever they do now is completely meaningless

Feel a bit for Arsenal (the team not the fans). Paid the price for their cowardice despite deserving more for the players effort.

Exactly why they'll always come up short for the big trophies under Arteta.
Showed lots of heart but manager cost them by inviting too much pressure.
:lol:

No, I'm pretty sure we'll always come up short because we're competing against an oil state with almost limitless resources masquerading as a football club

lego_pile0012_main.jpg
Fecking brilliant :lol: :lol:

Put on nowtv to see what Keane says, its basically just been all ads since the final whistle.

This is football.

:lol:

No, I'm pretty sure we'll always come up short because we're competing against an oil state with almost limitless resources masquerading as a football club
Even if city are thrown out of the league, Liverpool will beat you to the title cause Arteta is afraid of his shadow away from home.

Parked the bus at Spurs for feck sake.

The difference between you and Liverpool is they'll always play to win.
They'd never throw away an 11 point lead.
Same as Sir Alex's United.

They always go for the jugular, it's a mentality thing and Arsenal just don't show it despite being a phenomenal team.

How many other times did it happen in this match? It was obvious what he did.
Doku did it a few minutes prior and that incident justified a yellow card more than the Trossard one as there was a longer gap between the ref blowing for a free kick and Doku kicking it away.

I don't know what people were watching today. Everybody seems so excited but it was just a normal game. Nothing special. Some pundits and media talk like this game is best thing that happened since Internet. Calm down.
You calm down

So do exactly the same as they were doing for basically the whole match but this time the deflection dropped for them? You are a genius.
Did you watch the game or not? It was the first time grealish actually ran at a defender and something came from it. Until then they were passing very slowly around the 18 yard box, shooting over from 25 yards, then repeating.