Premier League Gameweek 5

'we don't want to re-ref the game '

Sorry but if the referees are incompetent, then it should be
Yep. The correct decision is all that matters, and if you won’t use the tech for what it’s for, why even have it?

Sancho was the missing piece of the puzzle for them.
No Jackson learning how to finish was. Sancho has had a decent start but he'll be little more than a luxury player for them moving forward.

Interesting to hear what Joe Cole says about the potential penalty. Can't wait till half time.

AWB is nowhere to be seen on that right side. Lot of joy for Chelsea down that side

AWB is nowhere to be seen on that right side. Lot of joy for Chelsea down that side
I can’t believe another premier league side outside of the promoted teams took him off us. He’s so limited going forward and completely shrinks the pitch going forward.

West Ham are abysmal. I know it's easy to talk in hindsight, but I honestly didn't get all the fuzz about their transfer window. Only Todibo moves them closer to the top 8 teams*, and Lopetegui is basically a sideways step from Moyes IMO. Won't get anywhere with him when you consider the managerial quality of the 6-8 clubs they're trying to get closer to.

*I don't know enough about Guilherme and Summerville, but they seem to be exciting talents. I'm talking about Kilman, AWB, Rodríguez, and Füllkrug.

Yep. The correct decision is all that matters, and if you won’t use the tech for what it’s for, why even have it?

It's a multi billion pound industry and they expect people to accept that one of the most important elements to results is decided upon by idiots based on their 'fleeting' viewing of incidents, and if people complain they are the problem

Shudder to think we would have been lumbered with AWB for another season while West Ham were getting Mazraoui. :nervous:

West Ham are abysmal. I know it's easy to talk in hindsight, but I honestly didn't get all the fuzz about their transfer window. Only Todibo moves them closer to the top 8 teams*, and Lopetegui is basically a sideways step from Moyes IMO. Won't get anywhere with him when you consider the managerial quality of the 6-8 clubs they're trying to get closer to.

*I don't know enough about Guilherme and Summerville, but they seem to be exciting talents. I'm talking about Kilman, AWB, Rodríguez, and Füllkrug.
We’re not in hindsight though are we? Could take 5 years to conclude whether or not it was a good transfer window. This is the 5th game.

Sullivan soon back on the old trombone to Moyes. Moyes will force a hard deal, asking for and getting an extra fiver a week and a parking spot nearer the stand.

We’re not in hindsight though are we? Could take 5 years to conclude whether or not it was a good transfer window. This is the 5th game.

That's true, but my point was that these are mid-table PL signings, nothing more, and their new coach is also mediocre relative to the rest of the managers in the league. And so far they've been even worse than last season.

We all tried to warn them

Feels like they do this a lot, have a manager who gets them up the table. Then all of a sudden "It's not enough, we want more". So they change and end up sliding back down the table again to fight relegation.

West Ham are poor, but Chelsea don't exactly look great either

Same foul outside the box and Fofana gets a yellow. Must be so frustrating.

Jackson being clinical is a new one.

Caicedo the best player on the pitch as usual.

West Ham denied clear penalty.