Premier League Gameweek 5

As Utd fans, many of us love to act like victims of referees but Arsenal have been shafted in this game and in the one where Rice was sent off.
Bottom line is that the PL referees are pure garbage and they shaft a lot of teams

Post starts with a weird disclaimer, and Trossard's second yellow is well deserved

Not sure people here know what Trossard was sent off for. It was for bulldozing Silva over, nothing to with the kick after. He was already on a yellow.

It was confirmed by VAR that is was because of delaying the restart aka kicking the ball away. Next time don’t try to be a know it all.

Premier League just officially stated that the yellow was for kicking the ball. Wild that a yellow wasn’t given for this

Bullshit bent officiating

People are insane. Clear yellow
Yep. Arsenal are a horrible shithouse team and are doing this type of thing systematically, all the time.

Them being all shockedpikachu.jpg when refs actually start doing something about it is hilarious.

Where did you hear that? Because I agree he should have been booked for what he did to Silva, even before he kicked the ball away.

It was the commentary team on the stream I was watching it on that said it was confirmed.

Seems they got duff info though compared to what is being said now.

Rodri potentially being injured for months is a bigger result for Arsenal than anything they get here.

What was it last season, he missed four games suspended and Man. City lost three of them. They also gave one of the worst performances of the Pep era when they lost to us at Villa Park.

I could see them dropping points at Newcastle next weekend as that's a pretty tricky venue for them usually.

yes rodri and kdb absent, city will continue to drop points.

Confirmed for kicking the ball away, I'd say it's a bit harsh, but feckit, they all know they're clamping down on it this year.

As Utd fans, many of us love to act like victims of referees but Arsenal have been shafted in this game and in the one where Rice was sent off.
Bottom line is that the PL referees are pure garbage and they shaft a lot of teams
They haven't been shafted.

Both their goals dubious, second is a blatant foul on the keeper.
This. And they have been engaging in straight shithousery from whistle one.

But Oliver has allowed and encouraged it.

I thought the young guy who took class from of our game against st West ham yesterday was 100x better than Taylor, Oliver and these guys that think they are “big time” refs.

Michael Oliver has that special ability as a ref to have both teams and their sets of fans furious at him at the same time (and I'm sure many neutrals too). An absolute weasel of a ref who has no idea how to control a game, randomly going from "let's things go" style old-school English type refereeing to micro-managing the hell out of the game like the worst of the Spanish refs. Truly a special talent.

The yellow wasn't for kicking the ball away. It was for excessive force in the challenge supposedly.
Nope. Confirmed by the league, it was for kicking the ball away. Really quite ridiculous on what would've been a live ball.

Praying City still finds a way to bottle this, but the ref ruined the game with that call.

Why was the game allowed to continue well into the 7th minute of stoppage time when Trossard got the red card? I’m surprised that’s not been pointed out.
Probably because Arsenal scored in the first minute of stoppage time, which he added another minute for. Not much to see there. It's also "at least" 6 minutes.

It's also a pretty clear second yellow. It's a brainded challenge from Trossard.

It’s disgusting. People who defend this. How many times have you seen someone getting a red for a push in the back? This shit happens in every single game and players rarely even gets a yellow for it. Giving a second yellow in the first half for this is insane.

The consistency is just shocking, there is no line. Now Oliver has become the main character and ruined the game. Congratulations i guess.
? The 2nd yellow is for kicking the ball away, not the foul.

Pure nonsense.

It was a poor challenge and then compounded by him blasting the ball away (which I think is what he got the second yellow for in the end). Deserved sending off.

Guess that's on for someone like Havertz?

Think he'd have come on regardless as nice goal aside Calafori has been sucked in and dosen't have the pace to recover when Savinho spins him.

Now Michael Oliver can go back to the middle east in the summer and get paid. The fecking cnut. Insane that he is allowed to ref games after taking money from the City owners.

Confirmed for kicking the ball away, I'd say it's a bit harsh, but feckit, they all know they're clamping down on it this year.

Harsh is the Bruno one where the ref didn't even blow the whistle and the linesman is behind him so didn't see the flag

That, he hears the whistle and even looks back at the ref before smashing the ball away

And yet now the commentators are saying the PL is making something up because they could hear the VAR official confirming Oliver’s decision that Trossard committed a foul.

Again, bent.

Taking Saka off is an odd choice given he can actually run but then again corner aside in the first half he was invisible.

Arsenal counter attacks all on the out of form Martinelli.... zero pace anywhere else. 5-4 ultra deep block gonna be a mega half.