Premier League Gameweek 5

Not sure people here know what Trossard was sent off for. It was for bulldozing Silva over, nothing to with the kick after. He was already on a yellow.

It's silly from Trossard but the bar for getting sent off is too low these days. Would a talking to there really be the end of the world?

I hate BOTH of these teams but Oliver is such a corrupt p.o.s. he should be investigated. Citehs buying off refs is so blatant. I guess it's irrelevant because eufa, fifa and the FA profit so much from it, they will never do anything about it. Rules and laws are only as effective as those who have the power and duty to enforce them.

The burning, paper thin house of cards that is Oliver’s ref career is imploding before our eyes

He boots it away FFS.
The whistle goes literally half a second before he kicks it, the whistle is literally still in the referees mouth when he kicks it away.

Especially at the end of extra time when it could quite easily be the half time whistle, it’s very harsh.

As Utd fans, many of us love to act like victims of referees but Arsenal have been shafted in this game and in the one where Rice was sent off.
Bottom line is that the PL referees are pure garbage and they shaft a lot of teams

Bullshit again. Already have to go up against a team that don’t play by the rules. Honestly, football is lost. They are making it unwatchable with the way they have failed to police their own league or the officiating.

Love to see City losing. Hate to see Arsenal winning. I'm just here for the feckery now

How is that a yellow? Unless it was for the kicking of the ball and even that would be wrong.
If it was for the tackle, then why did Halland not get a yellow for the wild jump at the start? His was a far worse tackle

Haaland had eyes on the ball and was challenging for it, Trossard was just trying to hit the man?

I think it will take time for players to reprogram themselves kicking the ball away. They are taking it a lot more seriously now.

However for high intensity, big games like this, I think some leeway should be involved. The games too soft and there is a foul every 5 seconds now. It feels like watching the NFL not the PL. Soon they’ll implement adverts in between these fouls on TV.

Why wasnt the half over by the way...that is a ridiculous cheap red
Well it’s over when Oliver says so?

Why make silly challenges, kick the ball away? After all the publicity of Rice/others… no matter how petty a rule it is, surely he has to think smarter.

(Edit, may have been the challenge. Same issue.. play smart, you’re 2-1 up close to HT)

The whistle goes literally half a second before he kicks it, the whistle is literally still in the referees mouth when he kicks it away.

Especially at the end of extra time when it could quite easily be the half time whistle, it’s very harsh.
It was idiotic. The foul beforehand could have been a yellow too. Perhaps that's what it was for.

Just me who thought Trossard got it for kicking the ball away? Don't think Oliver was doing anything but give a foul (and it was a stupid barge) but then reached straight for his pocket as soon as he kicked it.

Only complaint Arsenal can have is where the extra minute came from as it was a very quick VAR check so really only 30 seconds should've been added.

It's been a good game. Arsenal can certainly win the league and Rodri being out for 2-3 months would significantly help them as he's just a psychological player for opponents, it just feels different playing Man. City without him there centrally.

Ederson turned into Vicario in this game aswell. Keepers do realise they can move players out of their way if they're trying to get a corner? Instead he just gets brushed and collapses to the ground. Glad that goal was given.

Trossard didn't really give Oliver a choice there, did he?

Just blatantly shoulders Silva in the back and then boots the ball away. It's idiotic from him.

The yellow wasn't for kicking the ball away. It was for excessive force in the challenge supposedly.
I don’t think he gets the red if he doesn’t kick the ball away. It probably tips Oliver over the edge when he does.

Why are people pretending that wasn’t a second yellow card offence?
Right, that’s a clear yellow. He knew he was on a yellow already, so nothing wrong that the ref did. Only issue is that the game was over past the 6 minutes added time then.

Haaland had eyes on the ball and was challenging for it, Trossard was just trying to hit the man?
Haalands was also a yellow card offence tbh. The thing is with football fans there's always ifs and buts. Just because Haaland got away with it doesn't mean Trossard will. Unfortunately football doesn't work like that.

Trossard didn't really give Oliver a choice there, did he?

Just blatantly shoulders Silva in the back and then boots the ball away. It's idiotic from him.
The way I see it even if I think the sending off is harsh in of itself, Trossard still gave an idiot like Oliver, the opportunity to make a decision and he can only blame himself for that

I think it will take time for players to reprogram themselves kicking the ball away. They are taking it a lot more seriously now.

However for high intensity, big games like this, I think some leeway should be involved. The games too soft and there is a foul every 5 seconds now. It feels like watching the NFL not the PL. Soon they’ll implement adverts in between these fouls on TV.
Agreed they just sit around and think of ways to stifle the games.

As Utd fans, many of us love to act like victims of referees but Arsenal have been shafted in this game and in the one where Rice was sent off.
Bottom line is that the PL referees are pure garbage and they shaft a lot of teams
Both Arsenal goals where they benefited from the refs call…