Premier League Gameweek 4

Bit of a push there...weak defending from Romero, but I wouldn't have been surprised to see that one chalked off.

We need to cheat more on corners. Block keepers, run picks, grab shirts and give shoves. Even if 9/10 get ruled out, some will count. Arsenal are the masters.

VAR called Timber reckless, the same intent used to send off Casemiro. If Casemiro's is a red, so is Timber's.

If that was the wording they used to justify Caemiro's red that day then they simply got it wrong.

Reckless is used for yellows, serious foul play for reds.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rule.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

1. Direct free kick

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

• Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed
  • Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned

SENDING-OFF OFFENCES

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:

• Serious foul play

I think in the long run it could help the game (but it won't), but short term it does nothing.

It needs to be consistent though. It'll stop the players arguing, it'll stop time wasting, and stop stupid little niggly things in the game. I mean, players are told not to argue with the ref, has any ref ever changed their mind because a player argued with him? Players are just thick in that sense.

As you say though, the refs are wildcards and there's no consistency in anything. So nothing will ever change.
It really does seem like a bluguoenary way of getting people to respect the referee, when it's bloody obvious that the current referees just don't deserve any respect in the first place.

Players are allowed to contest decisions, or they were anyway. But now you can't contest, you can't have a view, and you can't disagree. We're getting into a world where the best manager is the one who sucks Anthony Taylor the way he likes.

if you do that two hand push in the back in the middle of the field when the ball is coming of a goal kick then it’s a free kick but apparently not when it’s a corner kick and give you a free header

Spurs need a goal soon to make this dominance count. Arsenal are a threat from set pieces and they can do the same thing they did last season.
As I said before. Dominance as in pressing high well, bossed possession but created absolutely feck all with it.

Rubbish Spurs. How they get this much love in from the media boggles the mind.

As I said before. Dominance as in pressing high well, bossed possession but created absolutely feck all with it.

Rubbish Spurs. How they get this much love in from the media boggles the mind.
They pissed the Harry Kane money up the wall buying dross like Johnson and Solanke.

Running forward, getting pushed (Gabriels arms are stretched out) in forward direction, its obviously going to impact his ability to contest for the ball.

Romero is one of the biggest shithouses in football. If even he doesn't throw himself to the ground demanding a fouls then you know there's nothing in it.

Who has ever rated these nobodies? I swear you guys throw out that word just for the sake of it.
Vicario never been rated.

However I do remember the media bumming Romero the other year for some reason. He was just the best of a bad bunch of spurs defenders, but was still crap.

Brennan Johnson is basically Dan James, pace and work-rate but zero quality.

Spurs did absolutely nothing over the summer to resolve their lack of quality out wide, just put Son back out there when he’s clearly lost a yard

They pissed the Harry Kane money up the wall buying dross like Johnson and Solanke.
Yeah. Bang average players. Good enough to be squad players maybe but nowhere near good enough to start regularly for a top team.

Also didn't Ange diss on set pieces last season? I wonder if he still feel there's no need to focus on set pieces. :confused: