Premier League Gameweek 4

Timber still some how not sent off.

GXhXwo9WwAAH29d

It doesn't even look bad on the still. He has his foot on the ball to spin around...he is getting some incidental contact. It's barely a foul. 50-50...

There's been a mad amount of yellow cards in nearly every pr.m match this week.

City - Brentford the lowest, with 4.

The refs seem to have got together and decided to make up some new rules again.

This one feels like drawing the wagons around their fella who sent off Rice.

I wonder what the thought process behind finding this ref was.

"We're the best league in the world with shite refs. The solution to improving standards is hiring one from fecking Australia"

There's been a mad amount of yellow cards in nearly every pr.m match this week.

City - Brentford the lowest, with 4.
I really don't see how it helps the game. Disagreeing with the referee over a trivial decision gets you the same as a rugby tackle to stop a counter. Referees are pretty much a wildcard now.

Contact occured because of rolling over the top of the ball. VAR mitigated the red card today on the same basis.

But that does not make it the same kind of tackle which is what you said.

Casemiro sliding in, studs up, his foot rolls over the ball and his studs go into his opponent vs Timber's foot rolling over the top of the ball from an upright position and the side of his foot making contact with Porro.

Contact occured because of the foot rolling over the ball like you said, but that doesn't make them anything like the same thing. It's the only similar thing. I think Casemiro was hard done by too, I can hardly now advocate for this being a red.

The more I see of Arsenal - the more I am convinced they wont be anywhere near winning the league

I really don't see how it helps the game. Disagreeing with the referee over a trivial decision gets you the same as a rugby tackle to stop a counter. Referees are pretty much a wildcard now.

I think in the long run it could help the game (but it won't), but short term it does nothing.

It needs to be consistent though. It'll stop the players arguing, it'll stop time wasting, and stop stupid little niggly things in the game. I mean, players are told not to argue with the ref, has any ref ever changed their mind because a player argued with him? Players are just thick in that sense.

As you say though, the refs are wildcards and there's no consistency in anything. So nothing will ever change.

Mike Dean talking shite, a yellow is a yellow regardless of you're already on one or not, the rules don't change for a player just because he was already booked. These cnuts are supposed to be the rules guys but clearly make it up as they go.

I think in the long run it could help the game (but it won't), but short term it does nothing.

It needs to be consistent though. It'll stop the players arguing, it'll stop time wasting, and stop stupid little niggly things in the game. I mean, players are told not to argue with the ref, has any ref ever changed their mind because a player argued with him? Players are just thick in that sense.

As you say though, the refs are wildcards and there's no consistency in anything. So nothing will ever change.
No, just human.

Mike Dean talking shite, a yellow is a yellow regardless of you're already on one or not, the rules don't change for a player just because he was already booked. These cnuts are supposed to be the rules guys but clearly make it up as they go.
I was just thinking the same - it's no wonder the consistency is so bad if that bs view he just offered up is commonly held.

They obviously do make it up as they go along and then justify whatever shite they serve up afterwards.

Yeah, I think City are looking imperious even in second gear at the moment
The league is and always will be City's to lose. Whichever team finishes above them will win the league.

The court case will probably have a galvanising effect even if they get docked 20 points.

But that does not make it the same kind of tackle which is what you said.

Casemiro sliding in, studs up, his foot rolls over the ball and his studs go into his opponent vs Timber's foot rolling over the top of the ball from an upright position and the side of his foot making contact with Porro.

Contact occured because of the foot rolling over the ball like you said, but that doesn't make them anything like the same thing. It's the only similar thing. I think Casemiro was hard done by too, I can hardly now advocate for this being a red.
VAR called Timber reckless, the same intent used to send off Casemiro. If Casemiro's is a red, so is Timber's.

They keep getting space down the right side and Johnson who is Blackpool level at best fecking it up

All Brennan Johnson does in space is run in a straight line and then unconvincingly cross and/or shoot. Zero creativity or intelligence on the ball.

Noone cares about rugby
rugby punishes its cheating owners. modern day football is miles away from having the kind of integrity that’s found in rugby, on and off the field.

It’s hard to believe this is a game with supposedly two of the most tactically exciting coaches in the league (or so we’ve been told).