Premier League Gameweek 31

TBF calling these offside on replay are better than the alternative where we had Drogba's goal in 09/10 stand against us in the key title match at Old Trafford which costed us the title...
After all these years, United fans still haven't realised Macheda threw the ball into the net with his hand.

I’m a bit confused with that VAR call. Watkins might have been off anyway but the line for the defender was drawn from the shoulder, surely it should be drawn from the furthest forward point (excluding the hand) which would be the sleeve?

Back to the rule book I go.

For offsides VAR is good. As annoying as the process is, across this weekend there would be a lino who gave offside for that and one that wouldn't in a game at Anfield, and then we're in here screaming about how shit the officials are.

I'd just keep VAR for offsides and outsource the process to Chat-GPT. You'd get a correct decision in 5 seconds.
The majority of goals ruled out are for offsides though, so if anything that's the most annoying aspect of it.

The problem with VAR is you cannot celebrate the ball going into the net with any confidence that you've actually scored a goal.

I’m a bit confused with that VAR call. Watkins might have been off anyway but the line for the defender was drawn from the shoulder, surely it should be drawn from the furthest forward point (excluding the hand) which would be the sleeve?

Back to the rule book I go.
Im very very confused by that too.

Hard not to be madly impressed with the job Unai has done with Villa. Imagine if that switched had happened 3-4 matches earlier

The majority of goals ruled out are for offsides though, so if anything that's the most annoying aspect of it.

The problem with VAR is you cannot celebrate the ball going into the net with any confidence that you've actually scored a goal.
But it's better to be correct than it is to give it just because you feel like it.

And you can still celebrate, you can enjoy the moment, there's no law or punishment for celebrating a goal that is later chalked off for offside. If you think about it, you actually get to celebrate twice! Double the fun.

After all these years, United fans still haven't realised Macheda threw the ball into the net with his hand.
Coming back from 2 down is different to coming back from 1 down. Last 15 minutes at home being 1 down vs conceding a clear offside goal to be 2 down... Yes we scored after but it did mean we had to score twice which is of course more difficult.

How stupid do you have to be to foul a player that’s slipped and is already falling to the ground?

Villa v Newcastle and you managed to insult a Utd player well done

How is that insulting, just saying that a high line with these lot is not a good idea with Watkins running the line like this.

Are actually watching the match? Or have you not topped up your electric?

Days like this I’m convinced Mings is a step or 2 away from being a top level defender. Then he’ll go and be a bag of bollocks next week