Premier League Gameweek 13

Goal was onside so no Liverpool havent had any ruled out like that.

Son was clever and didnt point where he wanted the ball.

It's not pretty to watch but sitting and back and counter attacking ala Atletico is one of the most effective ways to play against this Liverpool side.

Bit surprised Regullion isn't playing though, he's been one of Spur's most impressive players recently.
I agree, but it's one thing defending your box and preventing clear chances, but today's Spurs performance is nothing of the sort. On another day Liverpool could have been out of sight already realistically.

Give Mourinho world class players and he'll do well. We arguably had one in his time at United and he happened to play in goal. Having Kane and Son is just not fair.

For not doing anything. You might want to give a thought to growing up some day.
Acting like a monkey helps no-one. Ole has his style and it works just fine for him. His team loves playing for him and are amongst the most consistent points winning teams in 2020.

also can you debate without personal insults please

In MMA the grappler almost always wins.
In football I dont know
I think there is no clear answer to that. There were some possession based teams who were successful, like Spain or Barca. Mostly it's mixed style. I don't recall any truly successful counter attacking team recently though (like Mourinho Tottenham).

Does anyone think Spurs have been good here? The whole point of defending like that is to stop the opposition from scoring. I don't think they've kept us away from their goal well at all.

Nothing if you can’t reply something useful.
Useful? Here it is for you, Klopp and all of you Pool fans; offsides are not debatable thing in football. It is or it is not. No middle in it, no subjective opinion by the ref or something. And raging about offside calls is laughable.

Acting like a monkey helps no-one. Ole has his style and it works just fine for him. His team loves playing for him and are amongst the most consistent points winning teams in 2020.

A statement of fact is not a personal insult.

Did you just call him a monkey?:lol:

Easy to be clinical on the counter attack as the quality of your chances are usually only extremely good.

Most would say lots of half chances is a better performance than 1 excellent counter opportunity though. Not sure there's much in it in terms of effectiveness.

We're a counter attacking team and this season we have struggled to be clinical, he has a job to be devastating and he is. Keeps his composure well and exudes confidence in his own ability.

Give Mourinho world class players and he'll do well. We arguably had one in his time at United and he happened to play in goal. Having Kane and Son is just not fair.

It's why i always said Poch was overrated. At the time for some reason his fanboys wanted to downplay that Spurs team to big him up, now of course they'll talk it up to downplay Jose.

Spurs tactics are perfect for teams like Liverpool and other big clubs. Not so good against the West Hams. Gerard Houllier couldn't win the league with these tactics when a much better footballing playing team was around (Utd mainly), neither could Benitez (again Utd).

Quite amusing seeing people think Jose is somehow back to his old self (when he was decent), and their own fans buying into it. Fully expect them to get battered this half by a couple of goals or more and fall to pieces fairly soon.
That may happen, but they are top of the league and his squad loves him so he’s obviously doing a lot of things very well

Agree. Why do you think our lot are so insolent?

Many of them were far too full of themselves. They think that because they play for Manchester United, that is it. Job done. Too many prima donnas not prepared to work anything like hard enough.

Tottenham completed only 75 passes in the first half, the fewest by a José Mourinho side in a league match since his Real Madrid side completed only 54 in the opening 45 minutes against Pep Guardiola's Barcelona in April 2012.

Does anyone think Spurs have been good here? The whole point of defending like that is to stop the opposition from scoring. I don't think they've kept us away from their goal well at all.
Spurs didn’t come to play well they came for points and so far it’s going well

The problem with Spurs I look at them and I feel they're one bad result away from collapsing. I feel like they're about hanging there at the top, don't give you the sense of being a team in control of the race. I don't get that from Liverpool no matter what. That's why I feel Liverpool are more favorite to win the league.
They’re also one injury to Kane or Son to collapsing .

Not sure when you started watching football but you should have seen him for Dortmund. That was with the messed up teeth and all. He's an attractive pussy cat nowadays.
I started watching football around 1966

Salah prevented Dier from lowering his arm with the use of his own arm.

Not a penalty.
Your WUMming of Liverpool fans used to be funny but it’s gotten to a point where you can’t even put together one serious post anymore mate.

Out of all phrases that I have seen on this forum, "OleOUTers" has to be the most cringe worthy especially with those capital letters.

Yeah, it doesn't look good. If his missus saw that she'd be worried
Haha

Not sure why. They've had 80% possession. If they can have a repeat of the first half performance, they will win comfortably by the end.
Pressure. I think it is clear that he has been little bit off this season with lot of negative attitude and agressive. More then before. Maybe, one league title in 5 years, makes him think he is unbeatable and can do what he wants.

They’ve been terrible. But it’s working for Jose. His philosophy is if the opposition has the ball then they can make more mistakes than you.

We're a counter attacking team and this season we have struggled to be clinical, he has a job to be devastating and he is. Keeps his composure well and exudes confidence in his own ability.

They're more direct. We do occasionally get Rashford in those positions but it's not often we have our forwards on the half way line level with CBs and play the long ball. I'd say we do it organically at times but they plan for it.

Many of them were far too full of themselves. They think that because they play for Manchester United, that is it. Job done. Too many prima donnas not prepared to work anything like hard enough.
Good observation. Yes plenty of those like Martial, Pogba or Shaw!