Premier League Gameweek 13

I think there is no clear answer to that. There were some possession based teams who were successful, like Spain or Barca. Mostly it's mixed style. I don't recall any truly successful counter attacking team recently though (like Mourinho Tottenham).
Leicester?

Acting like a monkey helps no-one. Ole has his style and it works just fine for him. His team loves playing for him and are amongst the most consistent points winning teams in 2020.

also can you debate without personal insults please
I'm interested to know what that style is 'cos I really can't bloody see one, but this thread isn't really the place.

Tottenham completed only 75 passes in the first half, the fewest by a José Mourinho side in a league match since his Real Madrid side completed only 54 in the opening 45 minutes against Pep Guardiola's Barcelona in April 2012.
A bit surprising considering we can be got at defensively. Hey

He is becoming far too much of a conceited big head.

He's a massive cnut and needs to give his head a shake, same with his appeal for the Salah push at the weekend when his little weasel of a diving cnut forward arched his back and threw his arms in the air.

Liverpool are awful, everything about them.

Your WUMming of Liverpool fans used to be funny but it’s gotten to a point where you can’t even put together one serious post anymore mate.

Watch the replay again and you'll see exactly what I mean.

Dier was unable to lower his arm because Salah was raising his at the same time. Marc Clattenburg explained how a penalty could not be given under those circumstances.

They haven't created that many chances, most have been long-range efforts. Liverpool are miles ahead on possession, sure, but that's to be expected of Jose side away at Anfield.

Firminios free header, Mane and Salah have had how many shots from 18 yards they've just rolled to Loris?

You’d have Martial over Son?!?! :eek:
I never said that. You originally said ''if only Martial was as clinical as Son.'' My opinion is Martial's whole history has shown him to be just as clinical as Son. So his poor form now doesn't bother me. If he gets a chance in our next matches, I would still back him every time. I wouldn't want to swap Martial no. I think they are both similar levels. Martial has got 3 years on Son don't forget.

I find VAR so frustrating. The offside call today was exactly how it should be handled. Quick, no messing about with lines and pixels without even really knowing if it's the right frame and the uncertainty favoured the attacker (even though I could well imagine it might be off with more in depth analysis).

So why the feck do they spend 3 and 4 minutes to rule out our goals for offside because one frame had a cock hair offside?

Can see Spurs winning this. Liverpool tend to motor away in home games but not happened tonight despite dominating play and you fancy Spurs to get at least one big chance on the counter attack. If it falls to Son or Kane it's as good as 1-2.

That may happen, but they are top of the league and his squad loves him so he’s obviously doing a lot of things very well

You cannot say that on a Manchester United forum....
Unfortunately, the truth hurts. So many are salivating at the very thought that he will fail.

having a similar issue.

every now and then it skips and jumps to 480p Quality richest man in the world owns them can't even stream a game of football.
It’s just when it’s the cameras behind the goals for me. They must be using old GoPros for it

This Rhys Williams guy has shocking positioning, he's constantly a foot behind the rest of the backline. Led to him playing Son onside. Isn't Nathienel Phillips supposed to be further ahead than him?

I never said that. You originally said ''if only Martial was as clinical as Son.'' My opinion is Martial's whole history has shown him to be just as clinical as Son. So his poor form now doesn't bother me. If he gets a chance in our next matches, I would still back him every time. I wouldn't want to swap Martial no. I think they are both similar levels. Martial has got 3 years on Son don't forget.

You must be one of the few football fans that wouldn't swap them, I wouldn't need even a second to think about it. Son is on a whole other level, and one Martial looks very unlikely to reach sadly.

If Martial delivers over next 3 years what Son has delivered last 3 years, I’ll eat my December woolly hat!

I keep getting confused between henderson and robertson. The both have similar running styles.

It's goals what counts mate, not chances created, especially when you are against the best team in the PL (may be even the best team in the world right now). It will be stupid for Jose to ask his team to play expansive football and to have a go at pool with the players he got, especially when you look at their defenders. A good coach will play as per the situation and as per the abilities of the players at his disposal.

The point isn't that goals doesn't count, but that there's a vast difference between pure luck and that a tactic is working.

If Tottenhams tactics had worked, Liverpool would be creating feck all.

The problem with Spurs I look at them and I feel they're one bad result away from collapsing. I feel like they're about hanging there at the top, don't give you the sense of being a team in control of the race. I don't get that from Liverpool no matter what. That's why I feel Liverpool are more favorite to win the league.

Agreed. You can only get away with this kind of football for so long. Deja Vu from our 17/18 season. We were utter shite in so many games and had DDG bail us out. Then we have City at OT in December and we get utterly dominated at our own ground and the season goes to shit from there

And for all the talk about individual brilliance on here, this is what it looks like. Spurs right now are completely reliant on Kane and Son making something happen. If one of them gets injured, they are going to struggle badly

Agreed. You can only get away with this kind of football for so long. Deja Vu from our 17/18 season. We were utter shite in so many games and had DDG bail us out. Then we have City at OT in December and we get utterly dominated at our own ground and the season goes to shit from there

And for all the talk about individual brilliance on here, this is what it looks like. Spurs right now are completely reliant on Kane and Son making something happen. If one of them gets injured, they are going to struggle badly

Being defensive isn't the problem for me. I just feel the team are punching above their weight massively with being first and they won't be able to keep this for long, beside, Spurs will take a long time to stop being bottlers.