Premier League Festive Season

so you’re admitting there wouldn’t be enough for a penalty without the dive - hence why it’s annoying.

Penalties are given out far too softly these days. You might as well not even bother trying to tackle players in the box anymore .
Players needs to go down because refs are shit. Xhaka stopped Bernardo twice in that situation. First with his leg then with pulling his shirt. That is a clear pen. But because refs are so shit these days, players needs to "dive" to get clear penalty. And Bernardo did. Like every player should because.....refs are shit

Oh my God, shut up about the refereeing! He's hardly got anything wrong!!

It's strange. McManamanananan said when the pen was given that he's got no problem with it. Changes his tune because they got a player sent off and they probably wanted to see an Arsenal win here.

No I am not. I talked from Silva's POV (and players in general) but for this one, it's 100% a clear and easy pen for me. I don't care about Silva diving because he got fouled before it happened in the sequence of events.
Players do dive after contact because they wanna increase their chances of getting pens

Silva didn’t really get fouled, he was looking for contact and just falls over hoping to win a penalty. Ref sees it, waves it away because there’s nothing in it, VAR spots Xhaka pulling Silvas shirt which the ref didn’t see so they send him over to the screen. Silva is already on his way down then the shirt pull happens. If the ref had seen the shirt pulling, it would never have been awarded

Ake is Maguire level bad.

People always act like City's recruitment is 100% flawless.
But they've bought plenty of guff themselves over the year, with Ake being right up there.

He had both hands on the ball so it was under his control and would be a foul based on previous incidents over the past while.

But he reaches over a defender who is legit going for the ball.

People always act like City's recruitment is 100% flawless.
But they've bought plenty of guff themselves over the year, with Ake being right up there.

Yeah it's just they have the unlimited financial backing to cope with it

McKeown is off his head. They're claiming when he goes to VAR the decision is already made for him.

I mean if the ref changes his mind most of the time he goes to the screen then the system works surely? It's not suspicious.
Yeah the whole point in them going to the screen means they’ve missed something.

They all agreed at the time it was the right decision and then 15 mins later it was all of a sudden the wrong thing for VAR to get involved.:confused:

Don't think we could ever get giddy about a corner ever...100% leads to nothing.

I forget which foreign player said the biggest difference in England was fans getting mad excited at getting a corner, whereas they don't abroad.

They're a pretty low percentage play

It's a guilty pleasure, but a winner for City is ideal for us here!