Premier League Festive Season

Have City yet had a shot on target from open play? Have to give Arsenal a lot of credit here and in their recent form. At this rate we may be eyeing up Chelsea to bump out of the top 4, quite mental.

How anyone can argue it wasn't a pen when the guy has a fist full of shirt!
Not to mention what's going on with the legs too.

100% pen, I think the main gripe (mine is anyway) is that the consistency of when VAR gets involved is all over the place.
In this instance it suits us so we can live with it and laugh a bit, but objectively there needs to be consistency for it.

Have seen matches where in one VAR does nothing, in another basically identical situation, VAR in refs ear telling him to go to the monitor.

Contact does not and should not equal foul.
True….but that was a penalty all day. The combination of the clip then the shirt pull significantly impedes Silva. People get so hung up on a dive….it makes no difference to the fact he’s significantly impeded.

so you’re admitting there wouldn’t be enough for a penalty without the dive - hence why it’s annoying.

Penalties are given out far too softly these days. You might as well not even bother trying to tackle players in the box anymore .
No I am not. I talked from Silva's POV (and players in general) but for this one, it's 100% a clear and easy pen for me. I don't care about Silva diving because he got fouled before it happened in the sequence of events.
Players do dive after contact because they wanna increase their chances of getting pens

Must be infuriating given City are never booked for those fouls. Absolute meltdown when in control.

This is where the frustration lies. Its all good and well saying 'simple' its a second yellow, but then you'd have to explain how city get away with so so many. Since guardiola came it's hard not to see it as unconscious bias, eg if it was a mourinho team it would be perceived as dirty and aggressive

Where's the clear foul apart from the shirt pull? He throws himself over the leg, if that's a pen the game is gone.

Stupid from Xhaka to have the leg out but hate seeing dives excused due to the defender 'creating an opportunity for it'.

I'd be furious if that was against us.
I don't know if you've been living in an island but the game has been reffed like that for decades

No I am not. I talked from Silva's POV (and players in general) but for this one, it's 100% a clear and easy pen for me. I don't care about Silva diving because he got fouled before it happened in the sequence of events.
Players do dive after contact because they wanna increase their chances of getting pens
he didn’t get tripped with the legs (no contact) and a tiny handful of a shirt. he’s dived knowing VAR will look at it, ref knew he dived.

That’s where VAR is poorly used IMO.

Is Laporte always this dodgy

If he’s given the penalty for the shirt pull that’s fine
If he’s given it for the tackle - it’s not a penalty. Can’t argue it’s not a penalty with the shirt pull. Arsenal should only be angry with Xhaka for the idiocy, then Gabriel for trying to be a cnut and getting caught

True….but that was a penalty all day. The combination of the clip then the shirt pull significantly impedes Silva. People get so hung up on a dive….it makes no difference to the fact he’s significantly impeded.

Players are significantly impeded all the time and nothing happens which encourages diving. The whole thing's a mess.

Arsenal haven't done that bad since the red, not too many chances

What the hell are these commentators going on about with VAR, saying that VAR shouldn’t tell the ref if they think there was a pull of the shirt??

Well what’s the point in VAR ffs :lol:

This is why City will have the title wrapped up by Feb/ March. Even when they’re astonishingly shit, every roll of the ball goes their way including major refereeing decisions. They have mastered the art of referee deception.

When did BT become Arsenal TV btw? :lol:

Unbelievably biased and I don't just mean Keown.