Premier League Festive Season

BBC saying it was a 2nd yellow, but it didn't look like he showed a yellow for it. Just a red

But it was definitely a bookable offence, so if it was a 2nd yellow then there can't be any complaints. Straight red would be harsh, but it would make no difference to the context of the game, just the ban afterwards. And probably a bit more added on now for the sarcastic clapping.

I go to take a lateral flow test and forget that the second half has started. What the feck has happened?! :lol:

You can’t get more Arsenal than this. Absolutely dominate against the champions while playing some sexy football, go a goal ahead, concede a soft, debatable penalty and then get a red after collectively losing their heads. In all likelihood, City will just bore them into conceding the winner now.

Straight out the Wenger playbook.

Swings him? Come on. It was incredibly stupid to grab the shirt but there wasn't at all enough in any of it to cause Bernardo to go down.

Anyway what I am doing, I should be laughing at Arsenal arsenaling this up :lol:
He does, he grabs his shirt as Bernardo is going down. It’s as if he’s trying to keep him up! It’s ridiculous, that’s always a pen and it’s due to stupidity

BBC saying it was a 2nd yellow, but it didn't look like he showed a yellow for it. Just a red

But it was definitely a bookable offence, so if it was a 2nd yellow then there can't be any complaints. Straight red would be harsh, but it would make no difference to the context of the game, just the ban afterwards. And probably a bit more added on now for the sarcastic clapping.
He did. He was booked for scuffing the pen spot just before that

He didn't dive to highlight a foul. He was going for a pen before that as you can see with his body movement trying to get the arm round Xhaka.
I was talking in general with this instance. For me there was a clear foul even before the shirt being pulled but if Silva didn't throw himself, the whole thing isn't looked at

Agree. Both the tackle and the shirt pull were relatively minor but in combination there was more than enough for that to be a foul/penalty
In addition a player can dive and it still be a penalty, it’s not one or the other.

100% penalty. The leg clip plus the shirt pull. Definite red too. I’m glad Gabrielle got booked for scuffing the spot. Sh*thouse move. Then the easiest second yellow you’ll ever see.
Arsenal keep going on about how hard done they are, yet players like Xhaka don't cover themselves in glory.

The only reason they are in contention for top four is because they play once a week like Henry said.

Amazing to see an Arsenal player using a towel to dry the ball for a free kick!
After all their moans about Stoke back in the day.

Arsenal tactical fouls are immediate yellows. City's however go unpunished. Not just this game either.

How anyone can argue it wasn't a pen when the guy has a fist full of shirt!
Not to mention what's going on with the legs too.

Arsenal keep going on about how hard done they are, yet players like Xhaka don't cover themselves in glory.

The only reason they are in contention for top four is because they play once a week like Henry said.
They’ve got a few oddballs in the team.

I was talking in general with this instance. For me there was a clear foul even before the shirt being pulled but if Silva didn't throw himself, the whole thing isn't looked at
so you’re admitting there wouldn’t be enough for a penalty without the dive - hence why it’s annoying.

Penalties are given out far too softly these days. You might as well not even bother trying to tackle players in the box anymore .

Klopp tests positive for Covid and will miss the Chelsea game

Arsenal tactical fouls are immediate yellows. City's however go unpunished. Not just this game either.

The commentators seemed to think Holding's cynical drag back when DB was on the run was harsh! Amazing.
It was like a ref educational video of what should be a yellow!

He did. He was booked for scuffing the pen spot just before that

Oh yeah, I saw that. Just didn't see the ref show a 2nd yellow for the Gabriel Jesus foul. Looked like he just went straight for the red. TV coverage might've missed it since they were playing catch-up after the Martinelli miss.

Where's the clear foul apart from the shirt pull? He throws himself over the leg, if that's a pen the game is gone.

Stupid from Xhaka to have the leg out but hate seeing dives excused due to the defender 'creating an opportunity for it'.

I'd be furious if that was against us.

100% penalty upcoming here. It was fun while it lasted and Arsenal did put in a heroic performance to try and slow City down which benefits everyone in the long run.