Premier League Festive Season

This would be what, City's 10th consecutive win if they see this one out? Who can live with that kind of pace?

80 min played and City with no subs. Like against Man United.

They played all the games no rest. Amazing fitness or what's their secret?

Rotation. A lot of the players in this game didn't play in the last one. Squad depth is huge.

80 min played and City with no subs. Like against Man United.

They played all the games no rest. Amazing fitness or what's their secret?
I was just thinking that. Pep also complained about players burning out over these games and wanting 5 subs. He doesn't even make any subs.

This would be what, City's 10th consecutive win if they see this one out? Who can live with that kind of pace?

So I've been a bit bullish about City's chances even a few months ago, but to be fair to them, they have history of pulling out these long runs of victories in every title winning season of theirs.

Until I become dictator/salary and transfer caps are implemented, if you want to win the league, you will have to either hope City don't come with this sort of inconsistency, or develop the ability to go on long runs of wins. Liverpool did this 2 years ago.

Rotation. A lot of the players in this game didn't play in the last one. Squad depth is huge.

I don't follow City that much because I detest the oil state sponsored clubs. No traditional club can afford this kind of squad depth. You must pay these players insane wages that they mind find themselves on the bench any game.

I don't follow City that much because I detest the oil state sponsored clubs. No traditional club can afford this kind of squad depth. You must pay these players insane wages that they mind find themselves on the bench any game.
We probably have about the same wage bill as Man City. Their transfer spending is insane, but Man City have a more sensible wage structure than other mega clubs

Rotation and the fact that if you have 77% of the playing time with the ball, you don't have to run that much.

Bayern had the same possession figures under Guardiola. A lot of players were gassed by April when it really mattered. Also the 2nd Bayern were hit with insane injury crisis. Can't remember anything similar happened to City

Those two pieces of offensive playing for time from Foden in stoppage time coupled with his winning finish is world class. Sickening.

Pep moans about not having 5 subs and says too many games and players should strike.

Zero Subs.

Pleb.

We probably have about the same wage bill as Man City. Their transfer spending is insane, but Man City have a more sensible wage structure than other mega clubs

Officially surely. Bayern got maybe 15 to 16 top class players. Behind that the quality drops big time. But still if all are fit there is a lot trouble from players who think they don't get enough minutes. Imagine if Bayern had 22 top players, there would be riots and you could read everyday in the tabloids about players being unhappy and wanting to leave.
This even happens at Madrid.

I never hear anything like this about happing at Man City. The only reason I can see players keeping quiet and make a fuzz is money.

You're laughing, childishly, but I'm pretty sure if you were to make a top 5 of PL top earning players, Man United would have a 2-3 players in there and Man City none.
Come on, it's the worst kept secret in football.

You're laughing, childishly, but I'm pretty sure if you were to make a top 5 of PL top earning players, Man United would have a 2-3 players in there and Man City none.
Naturally you'd like to believe them but hey've not exactly proven themselves to be trustworthy with financial records.

So I've been a bit bullish about City's chances even a few months ago, but to be fair to them, they have history of pulling out these long runs of victories in every title winning season of theirs.

Until I become dictator/salary and transfer caps are implemented, if you want to win the league, you will have to either hope City don't come with this sort of inconsistency, or develop the ability to go on long runs of wins. Liverpool did this 2 years ago.

They've raised the standards to a level nobody can hit except them it seems. Liverpool touched that level briefly, but there was always a limit to how long they could hang with City's relentless consistency year in year out.

Chelsea went on a 13 game winning run once in 2017 and it was a huge thing for us. A record. City do that in their sleep now.

Der Spiegel would disagree with you there.

This one actually believes that Pep and their players only get what's listed on City's books? :lol:

I've got some bad news about Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy as well.

That's hilariously naive
Come on, it's the worst kept secret in football.
Naturally you'd like to believe them but hey've not exactly proven themselves to be trustworthy with financial records.
Wages spending is monitored by the Premier League's FFP. If I'm so naive, surely you can back up your claims which apparently are that City is somehow funneling wage spending past the PL's controllers.