Premier League Festive Season

How many consecutive wins have they racked up in the last four years? It is relentless.

Seems like they do rattle off these long winning runs every year. One particular year they reached about 20 consecutive wins, didn't they?

This one actually believes that Pep and their players only get what's listed on City's books? :lol:

I've got some bad news about Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy as well.
Are you denying that City has a squad relatively devoid of mega stars?

Wages spending is monitored by the Premier League's FFP. If I'm so naive, surely you can back up your claims which apparently are that City is somehow funneling wage spending past the PL's controllers.
Sponsorship funds were also monitored by FFP.

Wages spending is monitored by the Premier League's FFP. If I'm so naive, surely you can back up your claims which apparently are that City is somehow funneling wage spending past the PL's controllers.
I'm not accusing them, I'm saying they're not exactly trustworthy.

Well according to Pep it's your shite medical department which is to blame.

Ha ha.... Why did them Heynckes and Flick could win the CL despite the "poor" medical team?
I rather believe it's Pep overthinking and the little loss of focus and intensity after having won the league too early.

Seems like they do rattle off these long winning runs every year. One particular year they reached about 20 consecutive wins, didn't they?

From what I recall:

17/18: 18 game winning run
18:19: 14 game winning run to catch Pool
19/20: Liverpool go on 18 game winning run, win title
20/21: 13 game winning run
21/22: 10 game winning run and counting...

I'm not accusing them, I'm saying they're not exactly trustworthy.
They surely aren't, but we don't need to see their books to know that players like Jesus, Bernardo, Mahrez, Foden, Gündogan, Dias, Laporte aren't in the bracket of Ronaldo, Messi, Benzema, Varane, Mbappé, Ramos etc.
I assume De Bruyne is their top earner and even he isn't earning what the biggest earners at Real, PSG, Man United, Barca (before they had to get rid of Griezmann and Messi) make. He's probably getting around what Lewandowski gets.
That their inbred sponsorship deals are inflating their commercial income is another matter.

They surely aren't, but we don't need to see their books to know that players like Jesus, Bernardo, Mahrez, Foden, Gündogan, Dias, Laporte aren't in the bracket of Ronaldo, Messi, Benzema, Varane, Ramos etc.
I assume De Bruyne is their top earner and even he isn't earning what the biggest earners at Real, PSG, Man United, Barca (before they had to get rid of Griezmann and Messi) make. He's probably getting around what Lewandowski gets.
That their inbred sponsorship deals are inflating their commercial income is another matter.

You said total wages of Man City and Bayern are almost the same.

I can't believe this. Maybe for the top 13 or 14 players but City has 22 or even more top players while at Munich the wages will drastically fall after the top 15 or 16.

They surely aren't, but we don't need to see their books to know that players like Jesus, Bernardo, Mahrez, Foden, Gündogan, Dias, Laporte aren't in the bracket of Ronaldo, Messi, Benzema, Varane, Mbappé, Ramos etc.
Most United players don't earn as much as Ronaldo either...

Those City players aren't going to be on some meagre wages.

Most United players don't earn as much as Ronaldo either...

Those City players aren't going to be on some meagre wages.
True.
But I was saying they have a comparably sensible wage structure, not that they aren't paying a lot of their players a lot of money.

But Pep keeps crying about his players need a break.
He changes his starting 11s quite a bit though and because they've perfected the art of having a stranglehold on games, subs tend to be an unnecessary luxury

Officially surely. Bayern got maybe 15 to 16 top class players. Behind that the quality drops big time. But still if all are fit there is a lot trouble from players who think they don't get enough minutes. Imagine if Bayern had 22 top players, there would be riots and you could read everyday in the tabloids about players being unhappy and wanting to leave.
This even happens at Madrid.

I never hear anything like this about happing at Man City. The only reason I can see players keeping quiet and make a fuzz is money.
City only have about 15 or 16 top players. Man utd and Chelsea have more depth

You can try list City's squad and you will see that they are no deeper than most top clubs bar Liverpool

I saw this from swissramble on wage bills
#PSG €414m wage bill is the second highest in Europe, only surpassed by #FCBarcelona €443m (before their La Liga salary cap challenges), but more than clubs like #MCFC €401m, #RealMadrid €378m, #LFC €371m, #FCBayern €340m, #MUFC €324m and #CFC €323m. https://t.co/aPdPb4fPLO

Since 2019/20. City have bumped up KdB signed Grealish Ake and Dias
While lost the wages of Silva Aguero

Pretty bleak for Burnley. Almost 6 hours without a goal. That’s an OG I think.

Harry Maguire might well be having the worst individual season of any regular United CB in recent memory :lol:

All that goal came from a really lazy Wan-Bissaka pass and an even sloppier Bailly clearance. Maguire was the cherry on top of a pile of atrocious defending.

Who is the Burnley player trying to score directly from every corner?

If United play like this against Wolves, Villa and West Ham then they’ll struggle.

How poor is Wan Bissaka? :eek: Ralf will have RB top of his buy list in January.

How much better are they? What's the predicted swing from 3-1?
Hmm, I’ll go 1-1 with Wolves, Villa and West Ham will beat you (or you take a narrow 2-1 because Moyes is nice).

You haven’t played well in your last three league games from what I’ve seen.

Hmm, I’ll go 1-1 with Wolves, Villa and West Ham will beat you (or you take a narrow 2-1 because Moyes is nice).

I'd concern yourself more with Liverpool after your last results and AFCON approaching

Guessing you haven’t seen Wolves and West Ham play as of late?
A lot of wishful thinking here, must be getting nervy with Chelsea on the horizon

I'd concern yourself more with Liverpool after your last results and AFCON approaching
Honestly I’ll be glad to see the back of Mane for a few weeks. Doesn’t matter anyway. We won’t win the league from here and will finish in the top four. Could really do with Guardiola pissing off.
Guessing you haven’t seen Wolves and West Ham play as of late?
A lot of wishful thinking here, must be getting nervy with Chelsea on the horizon
No one has seen Wolves play for a while tbf. I’ve seen United play though.

I don’t know why some of you get so upset when someone calls a spade a spade. Your performances against Norwich, Newcastle and Burnley weren’t great. Tonight was ok I guess? If you’re delighted with how things are going then good for you. Agree to disagree and accept that I have a different view. You might end up top four, you might not. Doesn’t look like a fore gone conclusion right now to me.

Honestly I’ll be glad to see the back of Mane for a few weeks. Doesn’t matter anyway. We won’t win the league from here and will finish in the top four. Could really do with Guardiola pissing off.

No one has seen Wolves play for a while tbf. I’ve seen United play though.

I don’t know why some of you get so upset when someone calls a spade a spade. Your performances against Norwich, Newcastle and Burnley weren’t great. Tonight was ok I guess? If you’re delighted with how things are going then good for you. Agree to disagree and accept that I have a different view. You might end up top four, you might not. Doesn’t look like a fore gone conclusion right now to me.

Who said they were delighted?

We just don't like you scouse cnuts snooping about in our business thank you very much.