Premier League Festive Season

Rudiger really is a cnut could have done Lamptey serious injury there and he’s always at something too.

That is the one that the defender hits the deck for.
It doesn't really matter though, because it's the hit with the left arm that lets Lukaku roll out of the marking and get a free run at the ball.

Two game-changing decisions going in Chelsea''s favour. I wonder if Klopp will have a word with the refereeing association.

commentators talking about the grass being too high and slow for City to be able to play their quick passing game

Commentators on Irish telly got it spot on. You don’t judge the dangerousness of a tackle by the damage done to the opponent. Which is exactly what happened here. Whoever’s on VAR is having an absolute shocker.
I still can't get over the linesman not calling it from 4 feet away :wenger:

It's a gash technique from Rudiger but I'm ok with those if the player hits the ground before coming to a point of contact. I'm ok with referees penalising that to discourage others from doing it though because it can go wrong with devastating results.

How did Brentford not score then

FFS City go straight up the other end and score

Brentford looking dangerous. Need to make the most of spells like this.

Edit: Feck it, literally jinxing everything at the minute.

Foden doesn't start the previous two. Comes in here and scores.

City's squad is obviously ridiculous, but it's used/rotated really well. Everyone's on their toes, and everyone knows they have someone snapping at their heels.

It's a gash technique from Rudiger but I'm ok with those if the player hits the ground before coming to a point of contact. I'm ok with referees penalising that to discourage others from doing it though because it can go wrong with devastating results.
Agreed. Red would have only been warranted if it had been into the contact. Weird decision but he’s an aggressive fecker.

How do City never get booked for those tactical fouls on counter attacks? It makes it hard to score against them when you never get a chance to actually complete counter attacks. Worse yet that teams never complain and ask for the cards. It's a clear tactic of City's and teams should be trying to combat it.

See, how can Ake/City make that clearly deliberate foul to stop a break and not get a booking? I'll never get it.