Premier League Festive Season

I had to look at the table cause I thought you were fibbing...
You know what’s worse? Liverpool are away to Chelsea next. It’s a big ask for Arsenal to beat City but they could go within 3 points of each other next round.
its mind boggling, it really is.

I’m amazed so many think the league is done already.
I think they are saying this because of City's consistency and also their bench ..
They can literally field 2 top 4 teams .. also they might still buy in January

But we always create more than the opposition. Klopp sets us up to play in a way that ensures that we're more likely to create better chances (which we do most of the time). We missed glaring chances tonight as well. That's a two way street. Salah and Alexander-Arnold have also been two of the best players in the league this season. What Klopp's doing is working for the most part.

We're up against a City side with more resources, a better squad, arguably the best manager the PL has seen other than SAF. We've lost two games at the midway point and scored 50 goals in 19 league games but we're up against a side that can win 10 in a row without breaking a sweat in this league. They're just better than we are.
Yeah but your chances created evens out with the chances you concede. Not exactly but to a degree that you should have lost heavily to Spurs last week and tonight result. That isnt really how you win leagues and never has been, City or no City. It isn’t meant to be easy!

Check again!
City have won 3 of the last 4, so this year would make it 4 out of 5.
Chelsea won 5 years ago. 6 years at the end of this season.

It's Christmas so can I sit on the fence and say you're both correct

Pep 4 in 6 is correct
City 4 in 5 is also correct

Great result for Leicester.

That young lad with the name that sounds like a cathedral had a brilliant game.

Yeah but your chances created evens out with the chances you concede. Not exactly but to a degree that you should have lost heavily to Spurs last week and tonight result. That isnt really how you win leagues and never has been, City or no City. It isn’t meant to be easy!
You know we've only conceded four more than City have?

Great result for Leicester.

That young lad with the name that sounds like a cathedral had a brilliant game.

Dewsbury-Hall. He's not actually that young (23 I think?) but I think he's definitely seen as a potential first team going forward. He has a great engine on him! Unlike Choudhury and Soumare, I actually think he's half decent.

Nope, if City win it’ll be City’s 4th title in 5 last seasons.
You are technically correct but i am counting since Guardiola is there because lets face it he is the MAIN reason for these titles.

Dewsbury-Hall. He's not actually that young (23 I think?) but I think he's definitely seen as a potential first team going forward. He has a great engine on him! Unlike Choudhury and Soumare, I actually think he's half decent.
He's actually older than TAA apparently.

Well played. Considering everything you were up against that's a hell of a result. We were trash. Bet you couldn't believe your luck when you saw Milner coming on.

You know we've only conceded four more than City have?
But you concede in bunches. When you win it’s Liverpool 3-0 opposition nil but that’s followed by 3-3 v Brentford, 2-2 v Brighton, 3-2 v West Ham. I watched a mad game mid week 3-3. Atletico had a pen harshly overturned to make it 3-3 with ten men, Milan coming back from 2 down, even 2-2 City.
You might do to Chelsea and get a 0-0, beat Brentford at home to nil but there’s every chance you go to Palace and draw 3-3.

23 is young enough to me now I'm afraid.

He put in a hell of a shift. Hopefully he keeps he up, looks like he could be a solid player.

But you concede in bunches. When you win it’s Liverpool 3-0 opposition nil but that’s followed by 3-3 v Brentford, 2-2 v Brighton, 3-2 v West Ham. I watched a mad game mid week 3-3. Atletico had a pen harshly overturned to make it 3-3 with ten men, Milan coming back from 2 down, even 2-2 City.
You might do to Chelsea and get a 0-0, beat Brentford at home to nil but there’s every chance you go to Palace and draw 3-3.
Palace and 3-3 are never to be said in the same sentence...ever!

easy for him to do that with an absolutely unlimited budget and when you get your former club, who's 1bn in debt, to pay you twice the amount for a player than what you paid for him.

I think he is the best league manager in the last decade by far.
I'm sure City will hire another top manager but it won't be the same dominance that Pep showed.

If it wasn't for Klopp's Liverpool challenging City, the EPL would have the same competitiveness that Bundesliga has thanks to Pep Guardiola and Abu Dhabi.
I don't think this Chelsea will challenge for PL any time soon.

Last edited:
I think he is the best league manager in the last decade by far.
I'm sure City will hire another top manager but it won't be the same dominance that Pep showed.

If it wasn't for Klopp's Liverpool challenging City, the EPL would have the same competitiveness that Bundesliga has thanks to Pep Guardiola and Abu Dhabi.
I don't think this Chelsea will challenge for PL any time soon.

hard to argue with that...he's a special manager

Someone please dig up the posts from the Liverpool fans saying "Leicester better not try and get the game called off" when they were getting battered by City

hard to argue with that...he's a special manager
There's no denying he's very good, but it's difficult to know just how good because he never has to face any obstacles or work with limited resources. If a player is shit for half a season he bins them off and replaces them. He also stacks every position with ridiculous talent, so injuries aren't even an issue for him. In the league that's a huge advantage.

Someone please dig up the posts from the Liverpool fans saying "Leicester better not try and get the game called off" when they were getting battered by City
I definitely posted that somewhere. :lol:

It’s fecking awful we’ve had to consistently hope for such results the last decade.

Remember the days we hoped these teams won to seal our titles? :(
Yes mate, It's a disgusting feeling really but can't help myself. I can't stand these feckers, rather one of the oil clubs win the league, I don't think of them as football clubs in general, so I can swallow it somehow.
I have high expectations of Ralf and genuinely think he will transform us , especially when he goes up in club's
hierarchy and when we (hopefuly) hire progressive coach in the summer.
No more false dawns and rooting for 'lesser evil' I hope.

Aye but he still would have won 4 in 5 which is what people were saying. Anyway, I wish he would stop it the bald git.
Ah ok gotcha, cheeky bit of timeline selection. Would rather he win it than Pool and they seem our only options right now. Dark times.

He's actually older than TAA apparently.

Well played. Considering everything you were up against that's a hell of a result. We were trash. Bet you couldn't believe your luck when you saw Milner coming on.
What’s up with Thiago? Seems like Klopp doesn’t rate him so much as he’s often on the bench. I don’t even think he was on the bench yesterday.

I think he has some issues, especially how Southampton's performances dip badly in the second half of games. But that could easily be due to the relative lack of quality and depth in his squad. With even a slightly deeper squad they'd easily be top 10 material.
Yh we won’t know until he goes to a bigger club because that squad is so lean and loses players every year. It’s also telling whenever they lose players from the current system, they generally look average elsewhere (Ings, Bertrand, Vestergaatd, even Hojberg). Intriguing times for United as we’re essentially attempting to replícate his system.

He looked like the best midfielder on the park yesterday. Showed quite a few strings to his bow.

How was that a foul on James? You could've guaranteed if it was in the other end, Jorginho would be lining up right now to slot in the opener.

We could do a lot worse than Tariq Lamptey. Already miles ahead of anything else we have in that position.