Premier League Festive Season

Not saying they were. Just the double standards he has.

We played a far better organised side in Wolves who defended really well but we were ‘disgraceful’ . Liverpool play a relegation candidate but it’s ok.

They played another relegation candidate and drew, again. Of course there's going to be double standards from those 'pundits'.

Not saying they were. Just the double standards he has.

We played a far better organised side in Wolves who defended really well but we were ‘disgraceful’ . Liverpool play a relegation candidate but it’s ok.

McManaman can barely think and breathe at the same time, so I really don't give two twixes what he thinks. Can't stand his level of commentary or punditry.

McManaman giving Liverpool the benefit of the doubt.
Last night he said we were a disgrace because we looked so poor in the first half.

Prick!

He's the worst.

I gave up my BT subscription because he co-commentated practically every United game they coverered. I switched to AmazonPrime as I had to get my fix one way or another, imagine my tears when I switched on last night to discover the twat was co-commentating, again, on Amazon this time. What the shit is that about? The guy is omnipresent or something. Pffft.

Liverpool is 13 points worse off, compared to last year. We are 9 points better. Don't think we'll be title contenders, but love for us to close the gap to Liverpool.

Just the five days’ rest for the Scousers before their next game whilst the rest of us get flogged to death every 48 hours... :rolleyes:

An absolute disgrace, that. Every cnuting year it’s the same story with that lot. It needs an official inquiry, IMO. Favourable treatment every single season. A joke.

Just the five days’ rest for the Scousers before their next game whilst the rest of us get flogged to death every 48 hours... :rolleyes:

An absolute disgrace, that. Every cnuting year it’s the same story with that lot. It needs an official inquiry, IMO. Favourable treatment every single season. A joke.
Be honest, do you get your source material from RAWK?

There is gonna be one helluva race for the PL title this year...so many clubs involved.

He's the worst.

I gave up my BT subscription because he co-commentated practically every United game they coverered. I switched to AmazonPrime as I had to get my fix one way or another, imagine my tears when I switched on last night to discover the twat was co-commentating, again, on Amazon this time. What the shit is that about? The guy is omnipresent or something. Pffft.

Bruno doesn't make his team of the year either but does make Shearer & Crouch's

Did not watch it. How did Liverpool beat palace 7 nil and draw to these lot?

Palace had twenty mins of missing silly chances. Then utterly gave up.
Good to see other crap teams have clocked that they aren't actually that great this year.

It's Salah. He's top scorer but his performances have been awful all season. Looks uninterested.

Maybe there is something to the rumours he wants out.
Wouldn't be surprised if one of the usual suspects have waved a bag of money his way.
Now or never for a big move to Spain really. Maybe that was why you got Jota in too.

They are awful...

icb0dw6tce861.jpg

Palace had twenty mins of missing silly chances. Then utterly gave up.
Good to see other crap teams have clocked that they aren't actually that great this year.

They aren't nearly as effective an outfit without their fullbacks firing on all cylinders. I can't imagine how they'd operate if one or both of them picked up a long-term injury.

Also, the likes of Salah and Mane look a little less-hungry this time around.

It's Salah. He's top scorer but his performances have been awful all season. Looks uninterested.
Really? That's interesting, I thought he had been one of the best players in the league this season but admittedly have only watched two Liverpool games all the way through. Do you think it has anything to do with speculation about him leaving or is he just burnt out?

On a broader level, I think the results over the last few days show that the congested season is very likely to cause a dip in performance across the board. Table could look very different come the end of January.

Bruno doesn't make his team of the year either but does make Shearer & Crouch's
That's a ridiculous level of bias. Almost every other pundit would say Bruno has been the player of 2020, or at the very least in the top two or three.

McManaman is one of the worst cases of the 'jobs for the boys' state of punditry in football.

Really? That's interesting, I thought he had been one of the best players in the league this season but admittedly have only watched two Liverpool games all the way through. Do you think it has anything to do with speculation about him leaving or is he just burnt out?

On a broader level, I think the results over the last few days show that the congested season is very likely to cause a dip in performance across the board. Table could look very different come the end of January.
I think he's had his head turned personally. He's top scorer in the league but his performances against Fulham, West Brom and tonight have been so lackluster. I've been under the impression we would end up losing one of the front three at some point and I think it'll be him that goes.

I think he's had his head turned personally. He's top scorer in the league but his performances against Fulham, West Brom and tonight have been so lackluster. I've been under the impression we would end up losing one of the front three at some point and I think it'll be him that goes.
Fair enough. Just seems mad to me; neither Barca or Real could afford him right now, and I don't think he'd even be a massive priority if they could. He's adored in Liverpool and England, I don't think he'll realise how good he's got it until he leaves.

Fair enough. Just seems mad to me; neither Barca or Real could afford him right now, and I don't think he'd even be a massive priority if they could. He's adored in Liverpool and England, I don't think he'll realise how good he's got it until he leaves.
I think it's Madrid he wants. Barcelona don't look like the best option right now.

I think it's Madrid he wants. Barcelona don't look like the best option right now.

Liverpool won't sell him for anything less than, what, 80 million? He'll be 29 in the summer, I can't see Madrid forking out that sort of money for him, especially since he's not as hungry as he was a couple of years back and not remotely as deadly either.

Reckon he'll retire at Liverpool.

They aren't nearly as effective an outfit without their fullbacks firing on all cylinders. I can't imagine how they'd operate if one or both of them picked up a long-term injury.

Also, the likes of Salah and Mane look a little less-hungry this time around.
Dont think its less hungry its more teams have figured out Mane a lot more this season so their lack of goals from midfield and Firminho not being prolific has put all of the pressure on Salah. Its not a shock or luck when Mane and Firminho miss chances as its being portrayed right now.
They arent getting the space with the FBs getting up on the byline because theyre being asked to defend more the other way.

If Salah wanted Spain he should have pushed for it in the summer just gone. He'll be 29 by the time he can next make a realistic move but Liverpool will still command a stonkin' fee, which I doubt Madrid/Barca will go for. Maybe they'll throw a bit of cash and some players Liverpool's way? I know player swaps aren't typical, but they seem the only likely way to make transfers happen given the financial feckpie all teams currently face.

Saw an opinion online that Van Dijk's injury has impacted us more negatively in an offensive sense than it has defensively because his distribution is far better than anyone else we have who can play there. He loved a long diagonal and usually got them spot on. That allowed us to switch the play and bypass packed midfields.

Weirdly we were worse defensively when VVD was playing compared to since he's been out injured.

Teams do naturally get figured out after time as well. Sides always look at whoever won the league and work out ways to over come what they offer.

Be honest, are you denying the fixtures have been favourable to you again?
Depends on the match week. We had an away game in Europe on a Wednesday followed by an early kick off at Brighton (or some away fixture) on a Saturday during one week. We've got a slightly longer break between games but two of them are away at opposite ends of the country so hardly easy in terms of travel. I don't think it's been especially harsh or favorable to us this season. Bit of a mix.

Watching today’s pool v Newcastle game, I felt really funny!
Pool performed really well and Newcastle’s defensive system was definitely not drilled as well as some other teams, like Burley, Wolf, etc. they broke Newcastle’s system many times, but just could not score. Every Newcastle player was playing like hero to save the world. No matter how close pool was going to score, there was always someone appearing in the key moment and place to prevent it happen. It’s so funny to watch a game like this.
lets beat Vila to match their points!