Premier League Festive Season

I mean, there is no worse fate for a footballer than being forced to retire in the Land of Scouse, but he may not have a choice.

With the COVID-related financial problems in football right now, coupled with his age and what looks like natural regression, I just can't see Madrid stumping up the fee required for his services.

Liverpool don't need to sell so his price tag will be in the region of 80 to 100 million. Who would be interested at that price?
There are other options then retiring at Liverpool or being sold for a massive fee to Madrid!

I mean, there is no worse fate for a footballer than being forced to retire in the Land of Scouse, but he may not have a choice.

With the COVID-related financial problems in football right now, coupled with his age and what looks like natural regression, I just can't see Madrid stumping up the fee required for his services.

Liverpool don't need to sell so his price tag will be in the region of 80 to 100 million. Who would be interested at that price?
Maybe PSG to replace Neymar or Mbappe, when they eventually move to Spain.

Maybe PSG to replace Neymar or Mbappe, when they eventually move to Spain.

Why would PSG be interested in selling two of the best strikers on the planet? They've got one of the hottest prospects in Europe right now in Icardi, plus Kean who is showing great potential. I can't see it personally.

There are other options then retiring at Liverpool or being sold for a massive fee to Madrid!

But who would be interested in a 29 year old who is showing signs of decline and would demand a heavy fee? It just seems like an unnecessary risk given the state of the financial climate in football right now.

I could be wrong, of course. Who knows.

Now Burnley has been confirmed, and with Liverpool going to Southampton next.... we could go to Anfield, top of the league.

Let that sink in.

Remember when there was a poll to see if Ole should be sacked immediately? :lol:

Now Burnley has been confirmed, and with Liverpool going to Southampton next.... we could go to Anfield, top of the league.

Let that sink in.

Remember when there was a poll to see if Ole should be sacked immediately? :lol:
And Southampton wins and few Liverpool players get red card, like Fabinho for example. Oh, and Mane.
Than we smash them, and Klopp makes lemonade for everyone.

Nervous about this one. We always do well against West Ham but just feels like every game now is a banana skin.

Everton look like a genuinely solid outfit under Ancelotti, hard to beat and capable of scoring goals aplenty.

They could easily make top or even win the league outright.

Haven't watched Everton many times but it's clear to see why they are near the top. Look organised, difficult to break down and have a few real goal threats.

Could be doing with Rodriguez for this Everton is he on the bench?

The real test for Everton is who they continue to bring in over the next few windows to strengthen and improve the squad. They're looking like a good side now but they could be great with some top quality players adding to what's already there. It'll also show that this season isn't just a one-off.

This opening 15 has perfectly shown why we have gone with the 4 CB option in a lot of games this season when we are without Digne and Rodriguez. We lack so much creative outlet without them that we just need to shut up shop and hope that we can nick a goal.

This opening 15 has perfectly shown why we have gone with the 4 CB option in a lot of games this season when we are without Digne and Rodriguez. We lack so much creative outlet without them that we just need to shut up shop and hope that we can nick a goal.
Is Rodriguez on the bench or still injured?

Might as well resort to a long ball at this rate, has there even been a shot from either team..

West Ham playing nicely til the edge of the box, then it's becoming a bit hopeless

I think this every time I see them play. They're a decent side, but they're missing that pain in the arse goalscorer who can move them up to the next level. Basically, they need a Vardy-type of character up top.

What do people think of Rice?

To me he looks exactly like the type of DM we need right now.
I think he's really good, better than many give him credit for. Unless he joins Chelsea, then he's overrated.

I didn't think Randolph looked to be moving well at all from the start of this match. Commentators mentioning it aswell now.

Everton are poor every time i see them. They must be doing well in the games i don't.

Everton are poor every time i see them. They must be doing well in the games i don't.

In the majority of games we have played this season we have had at least two key players missing so we have had to change our structure and become far more robust in our play. Tonight we are playing particularly shit though.