Pre-season friendly Manchester United - Borussia Dortmund

our pressing game really garbage today. Wasteful on the ball as well but thats down to the rustiness I guess
we wont be looking to press under Mourinho. We will sit back, win the ball and counter.

Some players are getting a lot of criticism in this thread but honestly I feel sorry for most of them. They are up against a very strong side who are in far better physical condition. If this was our fifth pre-season game and Dortmund's second the match would be totally different.

Pre season means nothing. We did brilliantly last year in our pre season and look how the actual season worked out.

Bailley loves the tackle, he'll do well in the Prem.

Guys are very edgy.

Looks like all of them trained apart from one another. No one knows who is at his right or left.

He's mostly avoided criticism in this thread but I think Herrera has been very poor today.

If we are honest only Bailly has been good, the rest have been terrible.

Not true, they weren't playing with 5 or 6 first teamers either. It just seems they have more depth in talent than this Utd side
So did we have more depth in talent then Madrid or Barca did the last 2 years with LvG? Its pre season, means feck all

Since his first season (where he played like half the season) he's really not been up to par. Think this could be his last season to prove himself.
Yeah, hopefully, he has quite a range of skills but isn't quite a master at any. He's a useful squad player if he can play how he did when he first joined us.

Fantasy Girl says: You wont get any of them, cause Mou+Ibra+Co wont bring you salvation. Nobody will believe the fairy tail of the "biggest club" anymore and the other pullfactor called money wont attract great players. They want to play fantastic football, that they get at us, not at United.

Meanwhile back in the real world we cherrypicked Mkhitaryan from you, look likely to sign Pogba and next season when we are back in the CL we can attract anyone we want.

An eye opener for Mourinho perhaps.....

Can't read too much into it but underlines the limitations and inconsistency of some players....

Might mean a few like Rojo are on thin ice

I really regret betting £200 on United on this game. £125 on United win and £75 draw yet United can't even win. :(

we wont be looking to press under Mourinho. We will sit back, win the ball and counter.
Don't entirely agree. It's a possibility, but Mourinho's league winning side a couple of seasons ago had players like Matic not giving you any breathing space.

Today has shown Jose the dead wood that needs removing if we are to progress

Rojo has stolen a living in Football

If we are honest only Bailly has been good, the rest have been terrible.
I've quite liked Shaw today but other than that I'd agree, mostly it looks like a lack of sharpness and we have to remember a lot of these players we'll probably be looking to move on in the next season or two anyway.

Mata just floored Mor in the "i am the cutest footballer" competition. Well in Juan.

All the goodwill United had with the signings and Jose coming in are now out of the window. A pre season loss is normal and expected. But losing 4-1 will be made big by the media and the players who were bad today will be under pressure to turn up in the next game. It's ok. Jose now needs to re think and re plan with this team.

We should try and win against City in the next game even if it is just a friendly game because it will give the squad some confidence.

Fantasy Girl says: You wont get any of them, cause Mou+Ibra+Co wont bring you salvation. Nobody will believe the fairy tail of the "biggest club" anymore and the other pullfactor called money wont attract great players. They want to play fantastic football, that they get at us, not at United.
Chemnitz?
Jena?
Dresden?
Leipzig?
I'm betting Erfurt!

Hopefully Mourinho sees who the real problem is - Wayne Rooney, that fat feck and his 300k/w wage.

Getting stuffed by a top team, who are far fitter and a more complete side in a pre season friendly.

Shame we didn't score more, but it's hard playing against a team that looks far more advanced in their preparations.

Having said that, a few players will be fighting for their future, especially Memphis.

Well that was pretty shite. Only entertaining thing about today was the meltdown on the Caf.

Should have really done better against Bayern's C team though.

Yeah, hopefully, he has quite a range of skills but isn't quite a master at any. He's a useful squad player if he can play how he did when he first joined us.
He is a squad player and will be a useful one. He didn't pretty well in the first game, but think the condition will not have helped some today. It is difficult if you are left out there and all the team are changing round you as well.

I expected to lose considering a lack of fitness and a new manager just came in, but not not a heavy beating.

At least it showed how much we still lack. Rojo, Jones, and Depay haven't done anything to change my mind on them.

De Gea, Darmian, Smalling, Schneiderlin, Pogba, Rooney, Martial and Ibra aren't playing. I would expect only Bailly, Shaw and Targaryan to start from players who are playing today.

So not much you can read in today's match.
Mino-Raiola-667338.jpg

Pogba: Maybe we should watch my potential new team to see what they all about.
Raiola: Sure let me get the TV.

c4348a0f-003d-4254-8949-42b354e943be_500.jpg

Raiola: Oops.

Pre season means nothing. We did brilliantly last year in our pre season and look how the actual season worked out.

Bailley loves the tackle, he'll do well in the Prem.

This, everybody has to calm down