Pre-season friendly Manchester United - Borussia Dortmund

It may be just a pre season game, but the signs are not good. The team looks really incoherent, Shaw is still yet to overcome his horrific injury mentally, Depay, Rojo and Jones should be sold. The new signings are ok, Bailly really needs to improve his touch. Overall disappointing.

Lets not get too worked up, they were clearly fitter than us. We still have the likes of Marital, De Gea, Smalling, Ibra etc to come back.

Not true, they weren't playing with 5 or 6 first teamers either. It just seems they have more depth in talent than this Utd side

You are being ridiculous if you are drawing conclusions from a pre season friendly. We beat Real and Barca 3-1 each in the past couple of pre seasons. I don't think many United fans were stupid enough to believe that was a genuine indicator of anything.

This is only our second pre season game and Dortmund's fifth, it makes a huge difference in sharpness.

Mino-Raiola-667338.jpg

Pogba: Maybe we should watch my potential new team to see what they all about.
Raiola: Sure let me get the TV.

c4348a0f-003d-4254-8949-42b354e943be_500.jpg

Raiola: Oops.
:lol:

They played like it was their cup final. i mean that fourth goal was ridiculous, not much you can do about it.

Strong 90mins from Shaw (looks surprisingly sharp) and Bailly, Micki was good in the 2nd half, as was Rashford. Stats say that Mata played 90mins, so I guess I’ll have to believe it.

Didn't really tell us anything we don't know. There's work to do, it's only pre season and Jones/Rojo are still shite.

Fantasy Girl says: You wont get any of them, cause Mou+Ibra+Co wont bring you salvation. Nobody will believe the fairy tail of the "biggest club" anymore and the other pullfactor called money wont attract great players. They want to play fantastic football, that they get at us, not at United.
:lol:

We really shouldn't read a lot into this. Sure there are a couple of players that I will be surprised to see still here come September, but our lack of fitness plus 40 odd degree heat, plus playing a side who have more of their top players, it was always going to be a struggle.

The result could've been a bit better... but the really sad part is the players that are fighting for more time on the pitch didn't exactly show that they're worth it. They came closer to the stands than the pitch

Rojo, Jones, Herrera, Lingard, Depay...

I think this was a good lesson for Mourinho. In terms of the quality of the players, how much of the great defensive record of last season was down to DDG and so on.

Jones, Rojo, Valencia, Young (one or two others I could add) are simply very limited players, then when you have so many of them in the side at the same time it's a recipe for disaster. Yes Dortmund are way ahead in terms of fitness but that was far from the only factor today. Not concerned as it's only pre season and probably three max of the players that played will start against Bournemouth unless there's injuries. I'm just hoping the players mentioned go, would've rather they were gone already and we took more youngsters on tour but oh well.

Mourinho's got them playing like an unfit set of players whose manager has only been training with them 2 weeks. :(

MOU OUT

We shouldn't forget that these lot have been playing under Tuchel for a longer time. Right now our players are still LVGised. Would be interesting to see how well we'd play against each other at full strength.

We'll have to get back into ucl first. Hahaha

Imagine the meltdown if we loose in this fashion against City on monday

Ah well City next, are they many games into preseason like Dortmund? I hope not otherwise our Asian fans might be a bit mad if we get another pasting. At least Jose has seen the shite of which no form of excuse can mask their uselessness.

Ah well City next, are they many games into preseason like Dortmund? I hope not otherwise our Asian fans might be a bit mad if we get another pasting. At least Jose has seen the shite of which no form of excuse can mask their uselessness.
They've just had one pre-season game so far, a 1-0 loss v Bayern.

Horrible performance but let's not overreact. This is a newly-formed Man United team, most of these players aren't starters whilst Dortmund's first half team was packed with starters. Also the players need to play together to develop chemistry between them. Don't forget that pre-season's aim is to get back to being match-sharp and not to impress. Btw this game has also shown where we need to improve. That is: Right Back, Holding midfielder, proper no.8, proper no.10. Perhaps some of these positions can be fulfilled by an academy product.

An embarrassing result. I can understand and accept a loss, the tenure under LvG has shown that preseason doesn't mean much, but 1-4 is unacceptable unless you face a team with the quality of Barca, Real or Bayern.