Pre-season friendly Manchester United - Borussia Dortmund

So Bailly is good, Mata is still useful, Jones and Rojo are useless, the rest we know off before?

Why did Johnstone started instead of Romero?

Didn't Mourinho say that Dortmund are 2 weeks ahead in terms of prep and have played few more games?

It definitely shows.

Somewhere in the dugout Jose is revising his opinion about being 75% done in the transfer market down by 25-50%.
De Gea, Darmian, Smalling, Schneiderlin, Pogba, Rooney, Martial and Ibra aren't playing. I would expect only Bailly, Shaw and Targaryan to start from players who are playing today.

So not much you can read in today's match.

From what I'm watching here, we can't seriously think about selling Mata. He seems the only 'leader' out there at the moment.
Agreed. Don't want him sold tbh.

Rashford looking lively again. Decent build up from Januzaj but Pereira and Herrera :lol:

I know it is just one game but we have a lack of quality wide players whose best positions are on the wings. Only Martial and Mkhitaryan could qualify and arguably that's not their best positions. The back ups are Depay, Mata, Lingard, Young and Januzaj. Out of those Mata, Lingard and Januzaj are #10s and Memphis/ Young are average.

Got damn, that physique on Bailly :eek: He looks like a crossfit contestant.

Of our missing players, practically all of them will be in the starting 11 (Ibra, Martial, Rooney, (dare I say Pogba), Smalling). Add those to the players that have done well like Shaw, Bailly, Miki and Blind then this match doesn't worry me much.

This looks like Mou trying to figure out which players might get a chance next season and which he might decide to loan/sell.

Its only a friendly in very humid conditions on a crap pitch. No need for the over-reaction and this explains why LvG wanted the Team to spend one week only in China

Bailey doesnt take any prisnors does he ? I think he is angry or stupid.

In the end it's friendly against a team that was way further in their pre-season development so not to fuzzed about the loss.

The only thing that really annoyed me is that the usual suspects (Jones, Rojo, Memphis & Lingard) again looked out of their depth when I hoped they would make a step up under a new manager, but maybe the van Gaal effect is still haunting them?

Ah well feck it. I just hope they show us something else once the season starts or get a season ticket in the stands.

Our positioning is god awful, tactically we're miles behind dortmung. Our players don't know who to press.

Which one of these Dortmund players are we looking at getting next year? @slig any recommendations?