Pre-season friendly Manchester United - Borussia Dortmund

Bailly and Shaw look good. Think that's what we should take from this.

I hope we're back after a few of these Dortmund players next season before Bayern pinch them.
We'll have to wait and see how Gündogan and Mkhitaryan do but Sahin, Götze and Kagawa suggest that it is an extremely well coached team where everything is oriented to get the best out of their players. This doesn't necessarily mean they can just fit in elsewhere.

Bailly looks an absolute monster at the back. I am only concerned that with him and Smalling as our partnership, we'll really lack the incisive passing that we just saw from Blind for the goal.

How have bailey and mkhitarian been ?JUst saw Dembele's goal wow! did he play well ?

for me, memphis and Rojo are the only ones that I would not shed a tear for if they were shipped out. But then I've felt that for quite some time now, not just from today...!!

How many pointless fouls has the ref given?

Some of the posts in this thread are funny as feck. Especially those that take these friendlies so seriously :lol:

How have bailey and mkhitarian been ?JUst saw Dembele's goal wow! did he play well ?
Bailly's been brilliant, Mkhi's been quiet though he did score a goal. I thought Dembele's been pretty quiet by his standards but it was a fantastic goal.

Bailly looks an absolute monster at the back. I am only concerned that with him and Smalling as our partnership, we'll really lack the incisive passing that we just saw from Blind for the goal.

A midfield three of Blind - Schneiderlin - Pogba would have more than enough power and strength to allow for Blind to be the pass master in midfield.

Just when Bailly and Shaw took a breath of sigh of release when Mourinho told Jones that he wasn't coming out for the second half then they get Rojo beside them instead. Must be torture.

I was thinking about what lacks a duo with those two and ended up loving the idea of Bailly, Smalling and Blind with Valencia/Darmian and Shaw as full backs

Cheers everyone for replying. Watching the game now. Hopefully periera can do well.

im happy that we are not playing well will give plenty of time to get rid of a few deadwood.

they look far fitter sharper and like they want it more, looks like our boys been on ket again lol

we played well in all are pre season games under LVG but were the opposite when it matterd.

I bet LVG wishes United played in China. The excitement of these fans, when United touch the ball in the opposing half, could have saved his job.

We'll have to wait and see how Gündogan and Mkhitaryan do but Sahin, Götze and Kagawa suggest that it is an extremely well coached team where everything is oriented to get the best out of their players. This doesn't necessarily mean they can just fit in elsewhere.
Yeah I suppose but they do have a talented side. I'm really interested in seeing how that Mor they bought does he looks a talent.

Passing is very sloppy. It seems the fear from last season remains. Good to have this highlighted nice and early.

If they are going to stop the match for a drinks break, you would think the clock would stop as well.

From what I'm watching here, we can't seriously think about selling Mata. He seems the only 'leader' out there at the moment.

I'm actually glad we're showing defencive frailties.Better now, than in September. Just seen Dembele's goal. Wow Rojo is terrible. if he is to stay, he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near CB position and by that I mean anywhere on the pitch.

If they are going to stop the match for a drinks break, you would think the clock would stop as well.
It would make a lot more sense if they just stopped the clock for every stoppage in play. Then we wouldn't have so much controversy over stoppage time.

Somewhere in the dugout Jose is revising his opinion about being 75% done in the transfer market down by 25-50%.