Pre-season friendly Manchester United - Borussia Dortmund

That was shite, but expected. The first pre-season games are all about improving the physical condition of the players and Dortmund are ahead in their prepatations for the new season.

Disappointing from Memphis, though. He's just too sloppy, slow and his decision making is garbage.

I still think we'd be daft to go in with Bailly as a starter. He isn't ready yet.
Regardless, 80% of our starters today probably won't be a regular fixture for us, I'd expect a good few of them to be shipped off too.

Go out for a walk in the summer in China and you end up drenched in sweat, they're out there playing football. If you're not used to the humidity it drains you completely, they're probably jet lagged as well, people expecting far too much.

Same That's why I used Jolly. If you don't like my posts why don't you just completely ignore them? I'm going to keep posting my opinions regardless so you might as well ignore them or keep on crying for all I care.
Actually good idea, ignore feature it is. I'm sure many more will follow suit.

Not a pleasant first half. Don't think anyone impressed. Not surprised Dortmund are winning but still expected a better performance from us. Hopefully Rashford comes on for Memphis at half time. Not like Dortmund have been great either. Heat probably affecting the players. Hoping for a more entertaining second half.

Yes. Yes they do. People give other forums shit, but just read this thread and the majority's reaction. Can't help but just shake your head and the ridiculousness of it all. Embarrassing tbh.

Embarrassing is putting it mildly, it's a good job the club doesn't televise 5 a side trading matches, there'd be an absolute melt down on here.

Just waiting for one of the resident experts to chime in that we need to buy another player or two based on our first pre-season friendly.
I've felt that we've needed another experienced CB to compliment Smalling for a while now. Nothing to do with this game.

Sorry about this but if anyone has tips on streaming this on Android I'd really appreciate it.

My MUTV account won't login and a Google search doesn't load any streams.
Mobdro apk look it up and make downloading off market apps on as well in the security settings

So how have we been? Missed the entire first half. How's dembele played?

Awful so far. It's obviously pre-season and in horrible conditions, but you could wish for something at least a bit better/more positive. But then again we're playing without De Gea, Smalling, Zlatan, Martial, Schneiderlin, Rooney(?), Schweini(?), Darmian(?) and hopefully Pogba's coming too who are all starters. It's all going to be fine. Two freak goals as well.
Rooney would be gasping for air after 5 minutes in these conditions.

:lol: shut up you lot!

Why.

I do not think its a problem as such, just that Jose set the team up to see what his players are like under pressure with a deliberately unbalanced midfield. They did not cope well. Nor did memphis.

That is what these games should be being used for to be honest.

Go out for a walk in the summer in China and you end up drenched in sweat, they're out there playing football. If you're not used to the humidity it drains you completely, they're probably jet lagged as well, people expecting far too much.
That is far too sensible for some to take in.

Gah, watching an ESPN Espana stream and they're playing this god awful repetitive music over and over until the 2nd half starts. :wenger:

of course we look more tired than Dortmund as it's their fifth game but still think we should do better, despite lacking the sharpness the players should be already able to finish 30/40 minutes..

Neither looking good on counters nor in possession. Blind haven't played in midfield for ages and none of the center backs can't pass the ball.. but yeah it's just a preseason in fecking China with terrible conditions in terms of weather and the pitch..

let's hope the second half will be better though

United is there for one more day than the players of the BVB...so if someone got a jetlag its the BVB. Btw: they play under the same conditions as United do.

Jones, Mata, Lindgard, and Depay out. Perreira, Young, Januzaj, and Rashford in.
Mkhi moves to the right, and Blind drops to CB.

Of course it's only preseason, but it does remind us how incredibly average the majority of our squad are. The likes of Jones, Lingard, Memphis, Herrera, Mata, Valencia just look like mid table players out there and it's not just today.

I agree on Depay, Jones and Lingard. Not good enough at all. Valencia is an over-the-hill player, who is made to play right back. His defencive positioning has been consistently poor throughout the years. Think Jose will actualky love Ander if he can recreate the type of player he was under Biesla.

I'm sick of this Mourinhio is ruining my enjoyment of watching United, he puts a kid in the net , when Dave is on the bench, why not play Rooney,Smalling,fellaini?? We are never gonna win this CUP!!
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit
I apologise

two warm up games now and memphis is way off the pace. There is no way he starts first game of the season. Hell i don't know how much longer he has at the club based off this unphased, try trick skills to impress, attitude he has.

I seem to remember under Fergie the worse we did in preseason the better we did during the actual season.
We smashed preseason in Van Gaal's first summer, won every game and then went on to have one of our worst starts to a season ever. It's meaningless

Why hasnt our home kit been unveiled yet? Very odd.
The Nike switch to Adidas pushed the start of the new shirt contract into August, for some reason Adidas are playing hard-ball and not releasing the new strips until the second year starts. We're probably being warned that not making the CL is unacceptable! Had we got that I'm sure it would have been different.

Embarrassing is putting it mildly, it's a good job the club doesn't televise 5 a side trading matches, there'd be an absolute melt down on here.

People who don't like him were using a clip of Rooney being nutmegged in a training drill yesterday to "show" how shit he is :lol:

By the way, did the linesman call an offside for our throw in at the beginning of the half?

I dunno why people think Dortmund have dominated us, they were easily as shit as us. They were just luckier to score after a GK error and a Valencia moment.

Jose probably calling ed woodward to hurry up on that Pogba transfer. The problem is that our midfield can't even play with any form of composure. Blind, herrera and mata are just not good enough to control any game.