Pre-season friendly Manchester United - Borussia Dortmund

How many of these lot could you imagine in a epl or cl winning team. Truthfully

This is key, and it's not from this game, it's in general. Most of these players are not CL level if you want to challenge. Mkhitarayan, Bailly, Shaw, Blind are the only players I'd have any interest in if I were a CL level team manager (who are playing today).

How many of these are expected to be in our starting 11 come August? I'd wager only Shaw, Mikhitaryan and maybe Baily.
I still think we'd be daft to go in with Bailly as a starter. He isn't ready yet.

Hope we bring on 9 players at 55th minute like we did against Barcelona last year, that was the highlight of the pre-season for me.

After all these years, I fail to see the point of these tours. The crowd don't get to see the players they expect, the team that turns out is devoid of anyone who played in the Euros/WC and it's miles from home so the players have to adapt to at least two long flights. I nkow the club makes money but blah blah. I'd hoped they were a thing of the past after Fergie exploded when Scholes got sent off in one and was banned for the start of the seasonn the games are mega dull

The Scholes red card was in Amsterdam though.

In some ways I am glad the likes of lingard, herrera and memphis are showing their true colors before the start of the actual season.
Herrera just isn't good enough. Forget about today for a while now he has been bad and I've never been convinced.

So, now lets play our U-19 players to score another 2 goals for the endresult.

Awful so far. It's obviously pre-season and in horrible conditions, but you could wish for something at least a bit better/more positive. But then again we're playing without De Gea, Smalling, Zlatan, Martial, Schneiderlin, Rooney(?), Schweini(?), Darmian(?) and hopefully Pogba's coming too who are all starters. It's all going to be fine. Two freak goals as well.

Jose seems to have selected a team to put real pressure on the midfield players and memphis to see if they are up to it.

It would appear they are not.

I don't go on rival fans forums like some on here, do all fans bitch and moan when they're getting beaten, whilst playing half a team, in a friendly?

Yes. Yes they do. People give other forums shit, but just read this thread and the majority's reaction. Can't help but just shake your head and the ridiculousness of it all. Embarrassing tbh.

Shaw and Mhkitaryan are the only ones who I think can be seen as certain starters when the season starts.

I think Bailly will start too, Jones has been sub par in the last 90 minutes. The rest are benchwarmers.

United fans, you need a CB. We have one to sell - let's deal. Name's Vermaelen.
Only if we can give you Jones. Well even pay his wages, just, please take him.

Pre-season or not there's one thing I can say for certain; Depay is consistently poor. I really see nothing about him to suggest he'll ever be good enough for us.

Agree with this. He looks like the same player from last season

Its 38 degrees apparently and Dortmund's 5th friendly so not a massive surprise they look a lot a sharper.

we only have one of our potential front six starting
Schneiderlin/Carrick/BFS --- Pogba
............:.:....Rooney
Miky (playing now) ---- Zlatan ---- Martial

This is annoying game to watch because of the disparity in fitness. Dortmund at times are playing almost at a competitive level with pressing and off the ball running. United are understandably some way away from that.

No, jolly definitely isn't a word I'd used to describe you, but the ones I would use probably aren't allowed on here.

I don't accept mediocrity, I wanted Moyes gone, I wanted van Gaal gone, and I expect Mourinho to deliver us trophies in his tenure here. That doesn't mean I'm going to lose my shit over a meaningless pre-season game where half our players are missing and our players aren't fit yet.

Get a fecking grip.
Same That's why I used Jolly. If you don't like my posts why don't you just completely ignore them? I'm going to keep posting my opinions regardless so you might as well ignore them or keep on crying for all I care.

Are people really getting concerned by this?

They've (Dortmund) had 5 pre season games already and been back training for 2 weeks, so they're bound to be full of beans...

I'm at work, so not actually watching the game, but I'm not really concerned at all by poor performances, or getting beat, it's all about match sharpness...

As long as we turn up at Wembley, and the rest of the season, they can do what they want pre-season...

Didn't Mourinho say that Jones and Smalling will start the season as first choice center backs?

Well Smalling will be suspended, and Jones is playing himself to the bench

In this weather that extra 3 games Dortmund had will definitely help though. Did you see the state of Valencia? he was absolutely drenched. The 2 goals though were both rubbish.

Just waiting for one of the resident experts to chime in that we need to buy another player or two based on our first pre-season friendly.

Based on reality we really do need another player or two though.

Why are people having a meltdown already? it's only a preseason game, we're up against a good team that are at a far more advanced stage of the season preparation than us.

Never mind the fact most of this current team won't be starting for us anytime soon next season.

That was....dreadful.

The result doesn't matter but the sharpness seems to have dropped since last Saturday, admittedly this could be down to travelling and the heat etc. is there actually a benefit to these tours? except for financially of course.
I would say the conditions in Wigan and Shanghai are slightly different, yes.