Pre-season friendly Manchester United - Borussia Dortmund

The myth is basically our players are shite during preseason and are somehow transformed for the better come the regular season. memphis depay is not goignt o stop faffing about come august.

Herrera won't stop passing back come august.

I alwats see it's just preseason and it's a myth. What we are seeing here are the true nature of the players.

You're not making any sense. We beat Barca and Madrid last summer. Were all their players shite then magically transformed?

I agree on Depay, Jones and Lingard. Not good enough at all. Valencia is an over-the-hill player, who is made to play right back. His defencive positioning has been consistently poor throughout the years. Think Jose will actualky love Ander if he can recreate the type of player he was under Biesla.

If so then sure, he was a good player but the player he is now would struggle to make the Everton team.

well yes obviously, that's why i am asking whether or not these tours actually offered any benefit other then financially.
It's all about money now, how many things will the players have to do for some sponsor or other this trip, all season in fact. The football gets in the way sometimes.

The only positive I can see from our wingers/forwards(Memphis and Lingard) flopping so badly is that it may force Jose's hand and allow us to bring in Mahrez or a forward of similar quality.

Enjoyed the first half, good to see our passing game is much much quicker, you can see aspects of Joses mentality coming through in some periods of play, obviously the two goals are a bit poo but I don't mind that at all.

Jones looks very rough after his injury, he will have to sharpen up immensely, Bailly looks brilliant at the back and pushing for a starting slot next to Smalling. Mhiki having a quiet first half there, not getting the space he had in the first game which is understandable.

What you can see in this game is a typical Jose set up against a team he believes can beat us on the break, when they get the ball its all of us behind the ball waiting for the break or at least "playing with out the ball". I think Mata looks out of place here, as does Lingard we need players with explosive pace and clinical passing in games like this. Memphis passing has been a bit sloppy, but will improve.

All in all probably the game I expected, I had no illusions that we would win this game playing amazing footy, Aubmeyang looks excellent to me really really hope that City don't come in again for him.

So far Shaw looks excellent, showing the injury hasnt effected his burst of pace. Very happy with the starters performances.

Reactions: Dargonk
I miss Kagawa. Him playing for us was something i felt could have been more. Sadly he came in at the wrong time when we had the two buffoons in charge, Moyes and Van Gaal just as he was beginning to settle into the team.
Would like to see him back someday, maybe when Rooney and Fellaini goes. Always a fan of fast technical attacking football.

Him and Mkhi would form a quick understanding imo.

The myth is basically our players are shite during preseason and are somehow transformed for the better come the regular season. memphis depay is not goignt o stop faffing about come august.

Herrera won't stop passing back come august.

I alwats see it's just preseason and it's a myth. What we are seeing here are the true nature of the players.
Give it rest will you. You want to be ignored, well now you are.

We've won leagues after poor preseasons in the past.

Results are irrelevant. Even performances aren't as important as the players learning what Mou wants from them. People need to chill a bit.