Pre-season friendly Manchester United - Borussia Dortmund

Pre-season or not there's one thing I can say for certain; Depay is consistently poor. I really see nothing about him to suggest he'll ever be good enough for us.

Phil Jones is like someone left an egg-whisk plugged in and it's spazzing round in completely random chaos.

How many of these lot could you imagine in a epl or cl winning team. Truthfully

Of course it's only preseason, but it does remind us how incredibly average the majority of our squad are. The likes of Jones, Lingard, Memphis, Herrera, Mata, Valencia just look like mid table players out there and it's not just today.

Crap half really, even for pre-season.

I forgot how dire match day threads are in my excitement for football to return. People just waiting for players they don't like to make a mistake so they can rant about how shit they are and need selling.

We are quite a bit off yet tbf, Jose will need two windows to correct this, assuming that one additional CM is all we buy this window.

we need:

replacement for jones, a right winger and a defensive midfielder \ holding midfielder.

The only time I've seen pre-season games hint about whats to come from us in the regular season, was back in 2007 when Nani and Anderson arrived. We played some class football during those games and won the league as well.

These 45 minutes means nothing.

Pretty much an experimental starting XI from Mou. Half of these players won't be starting when the season begins. So many mistakes from us.

United fans, you need a CB. We have one to sell - let's deal. Name's Vermaelen.

I remember United fans were on a real high after the first pre season because we played some fantastic stuff as well then we played Swansea (was it?) on the first real game of the season and lost 1-0 (was it?), it was definitely a feeling of balloon burst.

1-2, and then two draws v Sunderland and Burnley

How many of these are expected to be in our starting 11 come August? I'd wager only Shaw, Mikhitaryan and maybe Baily.

Better team than us, fitter team than us. Still not sure why Mhkitaryan is playing left as looks lost out there and Memphis and Phil Jones are just so shit.

Aye that's another point. We were class in pre-season under LvG but we're shite when the actual season started. People expect too much from pre-season games.

Reading this thread has been fantastically entertaining in work.

However it has reaffirmed my determination to never enter the United forum during the season. Some of you lot need to have a word with yourselves.

Can't see anyone spending a penny on Jones. Pay him out of his contract so he can spend his time putting highlights in his shite hair.

my god we are awful :lol: in possession we are no better then an amateur team.....

So your post who was general, was infact about one occurrence? Come on mate.:)
it was at least three, one of them you mentioned, he could have done better anyway but the post is pointing out what he's like as a player in general, that's just my first impressions and I'm not criticising him much, he's got other strengths as I said he's very Smalling-esque in my view

I'm just not a jolly fellow like you who accepts mediocrity.
No, jolly definitely isn't a word I'd used to describe you, but the ones I would use probably aren't allowed on here.

I don't accept mediocrity, I wanted Moyes gone, I wanted van Gaal gone, and I expect Mourinho to deliver us trophies in his tenure here. That doesn't mean I'm going to lose my shit over a meaningless pre-season game where half our players are missing and our players aren't fit yet.

Get a fecking grip.

That was....dreadful.

The result doesn't matter but the sharpness seems to have dropped since last Saturday, admittedly this could be down to travelling and the heat etc. is there actually a benefit to these tours? except for financially of course.

I don't go on rival fans forums like some on here, do all fans bitch and moan when they're getting beaten, whilst playing half a team, in a friendly?

There's a few I hope we won't see come the start of the season on the pitch today. Memphis looked awful as usual.

We've looked poor, but I've no idea about all the praise Dortmund are getting. Neither team can string 3 passes together.

It's hot, crap pitch, crap match. Harsh penalty, poor GK decision on a free kick, poor scuff from Jesse. That's about it.

Meh tbh it wasn't that much difference between the 2 sides.

2 individual mistakes from us cost us goals, apart from that Lingard should have scored and with a few better passes we could of had another. Sokratis pace at the back is doing a good job of marking Memphis.

Bailly and Shaw are looking great, Herreras weighed in with some good interceptions but also had some slack passes. Mata and Mkhi been pretty quiet.

Honestly though that game should still be 0-0 at best.

The only time I've seen pre-season games hint about whats to come from us in the regular season, was back in 2007 when Nani and Anderson arrived. We played some class football during those games and won the league as well.

These 45 minutes means nothing.
What an exciting summer that was :drool: We were finally back on top in England and actually strengthened while we were there!

And then the league season started so badly :lol: Worked out ok though!